Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Seinfeld

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Greg (last edited Mar 21, 2018 12:55PM) (new)

Greg (popzeus) Any Seinfeld fans here? It’s never really been big in the UK and I only got into it a few years back on the back of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I’m rewatching them all a second time and it’s just absolute genius - The Contest, The Marine Biologist, The Yada Yada... so many brilliant episodes. Favourite episodes, fellow fans?

message 2: by Ceci (new)

Ceci | 17 comments I love Seinfeld SO MUCH. I've rewatched the show two times now. It's a classic. My favorite characters are Elaine and George. One of my favorites is when they have the Nazi soup guy and the episode where Kramer is suing a coffee company. I have a lot though!

message 3: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1638 comments I've probably seen every episode at least 5 times, but I haven't watched it in years. I would have to put The Contest as number one, especially since it comes up again in later episodes (e.g. as a hand model).

That's what I always loved about the show. It was layers upon layers upon layers. Every episode has several themes that are intertwined with each other, and those themes come up in other episodes. So when I would re-watch an episode, it would have a nuance I hadn't noticed before.

Other favorites would be Puffy Shirt, The Little Kicks, The Sponge, and Soup Nazi. The Opposite was a lot of fun too.

One of my favorite quotes was, "Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it." Obviously, the Donald has seen the show. :)

Seinfeld (and South Park) touched on so many taboo subjects, and made them hilarious.

message 4: by Greg (new)

Greg (popzeus) Randy wrote: "I've probably seen every episode at least 5 times, but I haven't watched it in years. I would have to put The Contest as number one, especially since it comes up again in later episodes (e.g. as a ..."

You’re dead right about layers, it really gets better each time you watch. I found it hit and miss first time round but this time it’s pretty much delivering with every episode. I’m coming up to halfway through the final season. Remember being a bit underwhelmed by the finale, so looking forward to giving another watch and seeing if it’s improved. And Newman is brilliant - so sparingly used but just comedy gold!

message 5: by Greg (new)

Greg (popzeus) Lia wrote: "I love Seinfeld SO MUCH. I've rewatched the show two times now. It's a classic. My favorite characters are Elaine and George. One of my favorites is when they have the Nazi soup guy and the episode..."

The Soup Nazi is a great episode!

message 6: by Ceci (new)

Ceci | 17 comments I also really like the episodes where they're trying to pitch their own sitcom about nothing. Which is ironic because the show is already about nothing and everything lol.

message 7: by Greg (new)

Greg (popzeus) Yeah, really like that storyline. By all accounts it’s very similar to how Larry David and Jerry pitched the show to NBC themselves.

message 8: by Greg (new)

Greg (popzeus) Possibly the greatest onscreen dance of all time :)

https://youtu.be/Xc9t_kVcMdg

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 737 comments I haven’t watched Seinfeld in years. Such a funny and memorable show. So many times I’ve thought of episodes when with people or out and about. Like the puffy shirt, man hands, soup nazi, lost in the parking garage, George sleeping under his desk.

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7255 comments I watched the series and have watched some repeats but haven't watched a full episode in years.

message 11: by Luvtoread (new)

Luvtoread | 1871 comments Seinfeld! What a phenomenal series! One of my favorites (so many) was "The Ugly Baby". Every show made me laugh so hard and they still do, no matter how many times I see a rerun!!

message 12: by Luvtoread (last edited Mar 25, 2018 04:43AM) (new)

Luvtoread | 1871 comments Oh, also The girl Jerry was dating, "Are her breasts fake or real?"

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 402 comments Boyfriend and I watched through the whole of Seinfeld a couple of years ago. It was great. So refreshing to watch a show full of horrible people, haha.

I don't really have a favourite epsiode, there's just so many great ones.

Festivus was great. The pen. I loved how things rolled on into other epsiodes and never forgotton. George and Susan.

"You know, we're living in a society." George's outbursts were great. Jerry being neurotic over cleanliness, Elaine just being awful and Kramer being Kramer.

We watched Curb your Enthusiasm lately. Very different to Seinfeld in it's style but it was a great watch. So funny. The cast were all comic genuises. And Larry's actions are so cringe worthy. And we get to see the Seinfeld guys again.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

For those who haven't come across it... Comedians in Cars getting Coffee is created and hosted by Jerry and is worth viewing. There are episodes with the actors that play Elaine and Kramer.

All episodes currently on Netflix. Used to be online only but since they are on Netflix I don't know if they are still online.

message 15: by Greg (last edited Mar 25, 2018 01:44PM) (new)

Greg (popzeus) Corinne wrote: "For those who haven't come across it... Comedians in Cars getting Coffee is created and hosted by Jerry and is worth viewing. There are episodes with the actors that play Elaine and Kramer.

All e..."

I recently watched a couple of these on Netflix, the episodes with Michael Richards and Larry David. Was fascinating to see Larry and Jerry interacting, they have such great comedic chemistry.