What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Master's Bride
This topic is about The Master's Bride
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance - girl from tropical island rescued by hero's brother at sea. She has amnesia?, suffered from abuse in past & is traumatized. He's a shipbuilder in early America (Boston?). Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments I believe the girl was married to an abusive man in Jamaica and somehow escapes. Part of the conflict is that after they are married and fall in love, the hero thinks she has betrayed him because he finds out more about her real past. I think her father might be his enemy? There are court scenes and a legal battle (for a business maybe?).
By the end, he has his own successful shipbuilding business. The last scene they are on the beach with their child.

I read this book in the mid 1990s, but it could have been older.

Thank you!!!!

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments I dont think its night fire, he knew her from when they were younger and lived next "door" acre....whatever they're called in that time lol so he knew who her family was

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments Amanda, you're right - it is not Night Fire. But thank you, Juels!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments More details - they go to a country cabin after their wedding and there is a love scene with berries.

I also think her original husband might return at some point (a la Scarlet Letter).

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments Bump. Thank you!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your thread (post a comment) every 30+ days - or sooner if you remember more information - because this group is so large.

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments Ayshe wrote: "The Master's Bride by Suzannah Davis?"

Ayshe - yes - thank you so so much! This is it!! You just made my day!!