What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Juvenile Historical Fiction, Jewish Sisters in WWII Europe

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emme (new)

Emme (scarlethistory) | 4 comments Hi! Me and my sister need some help finding the title of a book she read. This may be difficult because it was probably somewhere between 2004-2006 when she read it. I don't think it was a brand new book at the time or anything, though.

What she can remember is that it was about two young sisters during WWII that were having to move from place to place. She remembers that in the beginning they were with their family, but they got separated, she thinks on purpose. She's pretty sure they were Jewish, and she said she remembered that one of the people they stayed were a married couple who had a neighbor that owned a parrot that would curse about Hitler and the Nazis (The parrot would, not the neighbor). She thinks that at one point they were in staying in an attic. She couldn't remember if they were just staying in Europe, or if they were trying to get to America.

So pretty much, the book would've been written then or earlier and it's probably Juvenile. Thanks so much to anyone that can help!

message 3: by El (new)

El | 502 comments ☯ DαякєηRнαℓ ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜ wrote: "Um, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah"

Didn't that just come out a few years ago?

message 5: by Emme (new)

Emme (scarlethistory) | 4 comments Really close plots, but the sisters in this book were kids. Thanks so much, though!

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 863 comments You're welcome! Sorry it wasn't the right one. I just read the synopsis not too long ago, otherwise this isn't really a book or genre that interests me. Hope you find it!

message 8: by Emme (new)

Emme (scarlethistory) | 4 comments She said it was *possibly* that one! We'll have to look it up.

message 10: by Heather (last edited Jun 12, 2018 02:35PM) (new)

Heather McC (heather-mcc) | 70 comments Could it be The Upstairs Room?

The Upstairs Room by Johanna Reiss

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19013 comments Still looking, Emme?