What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Pulse: Episode 1- An EMP Prepper Survival Tale (The Pulse: An EMP Prepper Survival Tale Book 2)
This topic is about The Pulse
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA dystopia: 7 different groups of people come together, people forced to live in certain places, certain high schools kept them safe from the world (?), some hid from soldiers. Special place that people try to get to. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey (lyndseygo) | 4 comments I read this book in highschool, and I remember vague details about it but I don't remember the author or name. In this book there are (seven) different groups of people with different backstories who all end up coming together in different ways. The world was tarnished by something and people were only aloud to live in certain places. I remember that there were certain highschools that kept them safe from the world. I also remember that there was a man who went to get food for his family and had to hide from soldiers near the beginning. There was also (two) people who went into like a store or shack and had to hide from soldiers. There was this place that people heard about that they wanted to go to and everyone was trying to get there. When all these people meet up, they went to some house and tried to hide from a certain (gang) and they found a boat and went to that place and were welcomed, then the book ends. I do believe that this book was a series, I'm just not sure which one I read. The part about the certain highschools that kept them safe from the world may be a different book, I can't remember but also with that, one of the characters mom worked alot or something (nurse, I believe). I know that this is alot of tangled up information, but all the help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Lyndsey, please read the group pointers/rules at the top of the group page - which explain what to put in your header.

When were you in high school?

message 3: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey (lyndseygo) | 4 comments I was in highschool in the year 2015-16.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Lyndsey, I added plot details and genre to your topic header. I'm guessing this is a dystopian or post-apocalyptic novel for teens. Feel free to edit the header using the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 5: by sammi_reads (last edited Mar 22, 2018 04:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

sammi_reads (samtheseahippie) | 13 comments I can't think of the name of the book, but I think I remember a few mroe details if this is the same book. let me know if it sounds right: A main character might be named Rachel? There's teens in one cabin with young kids. The cabin next door becomes inhabited by an older couple and they form a semi-uneasy alliance. The teens still in town start going a bit crazy, abusing drugs, alcohol and the remaining girls. They go to town to make a rescue of another character.

I might be combining this with another book... If it's not what I described it also might also be ...
Z 2134 (Z 2134 Series Book 1)
The Pulse: Episode 1- An EMP Prepper Survival Tale by Roger Hayden
Arena One: Slaverunners: The Survival Trilogy, Book 1 by Morgan Rice

I didn't remember these well but I know I read them around the time I read what you're describing and I'm hoping one of them might actually be it.

I felt like I read what you're describing on Kindle Unlimited. the ones above could be it, but they do all start to blend at a point!

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Mar 22, 2018 05:49PM) (new)

message 7: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey (lyndseygo) | 4 comments Samantha wrote: "I can't think of the name of the book, but I think I remember a few mroe details if this is the same book. let me know if it sounds right: A main character might be named Rachel? There's teens in o..."
Amanda, it was The Pulse! Thanks so much!

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Good job Samantha! ;)