Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Change request for Author Name on Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.C. (new)

J.C. Webb (jcwebb) | 1 comments J.C. Webb Page doesn't match the naming convention used in the most current books. As seen on the amazon authors page: amazon.com/author/jcwebb

I have been using J.C. Webb and JC Webb interchangeably not realizing the nightmare it was creating in tracking my books, JC Webb is what I have been using most and I would really appreciate if I was able to change my name here and keep my books together in a single page, making it easier to quickly add my future releases to my authors page. (All current books have been linked thanks to support)

Thank you,
JC

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 21, 2018 10:28AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments J.C. wrote: "J.C. Webb Page doesn't match the naming convention used in the most current books. As seen on the amazon authors page: amazon.com/author/jcwebb

I have been using J.C. Webb and JC ..."

Goodreads policy is that all author names that include initials must also include punctuation, so unfortunately the periods must remain.

The book (and author name) on the other page, if not written by you, is completely irrelevant. There are many authors with the same name on GR, and they are disambiguated by using spacing within the name. That other profile isn't linked to you in any way.