Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Bookbuyer's Justice League - Chat! ***We Shall Prevail*** ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,012 (1012 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Apr 21, 2018 06:02AM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 57747 comments Mod
Team:
✔ Bookbuyer
✔ Jennifer
✔Nadia
✔ Cindee
✔ Jessica
✔ Gaia
✔ Trisha
✔ CP
✔ Melanie

Please check in by April 1st!

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

**NEW RULE** For this 2-month challenge and our upcoming June one, we are doing something a little different. At the end of our Series Quarterly Challenge there will be one winner that wins a prize of getting to choose a book from bookdepository.com. They can pick any book up to $10. For this to happen, we will be combining the points from this challenge, our June challenge, and our Series Quarterly together to pick that winner.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm here!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I already have some BR's planned for April and May. I don't have dates right now but I will by the 23rd. :)

message 4: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'm here too!

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I have no idea what my planned reads will fit, but I'm sure they will fit something. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "I have no idea what my planned reads will fit, but I'm sure they will fit something. :)"

I'm an obsessive planner so I have like my whole year planned out. But I can never stick to it. lol.

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

checked you both in!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I haven't really planned what each book will fit because after I saw *A book written by a woman* I knew it would be easy. 95% of the books I read are by women. ^-^

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "checked you both in!"

Thanks! ^-^

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 443 comments Checking in.

message 11: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "Checking in."

Hi! ^-^

message 12: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments And 95% of mine are men!

Actually think it's more around 70%.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 443 comments Hi Bookbuyer

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "And 95% of mine are men!

Actually think it's more around 70%."

lol. It's because you read a lot of high fantasy! ^-^

message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "Hi Bookbuyer"

Do you have anything planned yet or are you a mood reader? ^-^

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jessica wrote: "Checking in."

checked you in!

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 443 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Hi Bookbuyer"

Do you have anything planned yet or are you a mood reader? ^-^"

I've not really taken a look yet, but I'm one of those people who plan everything, so I'll have planned books soon.

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Hi Bookbuyer"

Do you have anything planned yet or are you a mood reader? ^-^"

I've not really taken a look yet, but I'm one of those people who plan everything, ..."

Cool. I'm the same. ^-^

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 443 comments So should our team motto be "We shall prevail" ?

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "So should our team motto be "We shall prevail" ?"

Yes! I'm going to add it to our title now. ^-^

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I'll put up what I'm planning to read. They should all fit this. :)

And yes, it's all that high fantasy that gives men the advantage in my reading.

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "I'll put up what I'm planning to read. They should all fit this. :)

And yes, it's all that high fantasy that gives men the advantage in my reading."

^-^

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Today is team day in YA so I should have my BRs planned very shortly. Probably today.

message 24: by C.P. (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Ok. Here are my planned reads. I'm up for buddy reading if anyone is interested.

April Reads
Doctor Strange -> book involving magic: Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan BR on April 15th
Aquaman -> book with a blue cover: The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz ARC, reading by 5/8
Hulk ->Book dealing with mental health: Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
Thor -> a book with a mythology focus: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan (BR April 20 in another group)
Wonder Woman -> a book written by a woman: The Heir (The Ordinary Series, #2) by Karen Richardson

May Reads
Elektra -> book featuring a mercenary: Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2) by Michael J. Sullivan BR May 12th
The Flash -> a book with wings on the cover: Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2) by Brandon Mull
Wonder Woman -> a book written by a woman: Silas Marner by George Eliot
Category?? Ten Hours Until Dawn The True Story of Heroism and Tragedy Aboard the Can Do by Michael Tougias

Other Possible Reads
Iron Man -> child genius: The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2) by Eoin Colfer
Superman -> sci-fi/dystopia: Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Maybe (BR May 1st in another group)

message 25: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Do we want to make a list of all the categories and who is claiming what?

message 26: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "Do we want to make a list of all the categories and who is claiming what?"

Wait! We all can't read the same categories?! I didn't know that!

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments The rules say that all categories have to be completed once before it can be started over.

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "The rules say that all categories have to be completed once before it can be started over."

OMG! I completely missed that!!!! I am not a good mod. lol.

message 29: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Now I should really try to plan lol. Will do so shortly. :P

message 30: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Book! I literally just said the same damn thing on my teams chat thread. Lmfao. Hahahahaha.

message 31: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I had forgotten until I was just looking it over again!

message 32: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Man, I'm a shitty mod. Lmfao. I'm gonna try to figure it out now. Lol.

message 33: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

😂😂😂

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Some of the ones I have can also be moved around to other categories. And some of them I'm probably not going to get to.

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Felicia wrote: "Book! I literally just said the same damn thing on my teams chat thread. Lmfao. Hahahahaha."

lol. I saw!! ^-^

message 36: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "Some of the ones I have can also be moved around to other categories. And some of them I'm probably not going to get to."

KK. We can figure it out once everyone is here. I would love the wonderwoman female author one but I can probably fit a lot of my books if various categories. :)

message 37: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yeah, both of the ones that I have marked on that could probably be moved. And those are some that I am not as sure about. I will probably read the Heir right now, but Silas Marner might happen later.

message 38: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Mar 23, 2018 02:06PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Tracking Thread

*A book set during WW2 Salt to the Sea - Courtney
*A patriotic book/book that is color(s) of your nation’s flag
*A book with an orphan main character
*A book about a detective
*A book about an inventor and/or scientist
*A book about a child genius
*A book written by a woman
*A translated book
*A book focused around mythology
*A day of the week in the title
*A book that involves shapeshifters
*A book that deals with mental health
*A book with a blind character
*A book about a lawyer/has a law element
*A book involving magic
*A book with doctors/medical theme
*A sci-fi/dystopia
*A book set in space
*A novella (short book)
*A book with wings on the cover
*A book set in a circus/with acrobats
*Title starts with R
*A book set under water
*A book with a blue cover
*A book with a genre minority main character
*A book set in Africa
*A book with assassins/espionage
*A book set in Russia/has a Russian influence
*A bow/arrow on the cover
*A book with a deaf character
*A book with a non-human main character
*A book with time travel
*A book featuring a mercenary
*A book set in Asia/with an Asian influence
*A book with a school setting
*A book set in NYC
*A book featuring twins
*A book with a red cover
*A book with indigenous characters
*A book with an animal focus

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments So I already know I can't do WW2 so hopefully one of you can cover that. Otherwise none of the others seem impossible. :)

message 40: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I will probably be listening to Salt to the Sea, so I can take WW2.

message 41: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "I will probably be listening to Salt to the Sea, so I can take WW2."

Awesome. Do you want me to add that to the list or wait? :)

message 42: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You can add it. :) We can change later if needed.

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "You can add it. :) We can change later if needed."

KK. :)

message 44: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How do we want to claim stuff? Maybe each pick a couple from the start and then see from there?

message 45: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments C.P. wrote: "How do we want to claim stuff? Maybe each pick a couple from the start and then see from there?"

Sure. How about we cap at 3 and then the faster readers have more options. :)

message 46: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Sounds good! And things can be changed around if needed. I think trying to plan them all out would be a bad idea.

So if anyone has some they would like to claim, let us know.

message 47: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new)

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Checking in. Sorry! I must have missed the team listings, but I'm here now.

message 48: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Checking in. Sorry! I must have missed the team listings, but I'm here now."

it's all good! I checked you in! We don't really send out a message to everyone in the group when we make teams.. mostly because we just add them onto the sign up sheet.. but I'm thinking maybe we should start making a different thread for all of that and then sending out a message..

message 49: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new)

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
So, just to get this straight - if we need one from each category before we turn it over again, then it would be best if we buddy with people outside our group, right? Otherwise, we would have 2 people with the same book (unless we could put it in different categories), right?

message 50: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jennifer wrote: "So, just to get this straight - if we need one from each category before we turn it over again, then it would be best if we buddy with people outside our group, right? Otherwise, we would have 2 pe..."

Pretty much

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.