Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Felicia's Avengers - Chat! ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,171 (1171 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Apr 30, 2018 06:34PM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 53339 comments Mod
Team:
✔ Felicia
✔ Lane
✔ Charley Girl
✔ Slytherpuff
✔ Jamie
✔ Greer
✔ Emma
✔ Valentina
✔ Sharon
✔ Natalie
✔ Rae

Please check in by April 1st!

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

**NEW RULE** For this 2-month challenge and our upcoming June one, we are doing something a little different. At the end of our Series Quarterly Challenge there will be one winner that wins a prize of getting to choose a book from bookdepository.com. They can pick any book up to $10. For this to happen, we will be combining the points from this challenge, our June challenge, and our Series Quarterly together to pick that winner.

message 2: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 14903 comments Mod
Yay team! Go Avengers! :D

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

checked you in!

message 4: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Thanks! :D

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Hi everyone!
If anyone wants to BR something, I will be *trying* to focus on books mainly from this post: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... I did. So if interested, let me know. :)

message 6: by Lane (last edited Mar 21, 2018 09:51AM) (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments WOOHOO! Team day is like my favorite day!

message 7: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments And the Avengers are my favorite so I'm extra excited!

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Got you both checked in!

message 9: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Lane wrote: "And the Avengers are my favorite so I'm extra excited!"

Right! I'm super stoked! I love the Avengers!

message 10: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments Should we make a spreadsheet to keep track of when a category has been done so we don't repeat by accident?

message 11: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I didn't even know we couldn't repeat! Man, I'm a shitty mod! Lmfao.

message 12: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments Felicia wrote: "I didn't even know we couldn't repeat! Man, I'm a shitty mod! Lmfao."

I had to go back and read the rules I had completely forgotten, my gut just said well since all your challenges require a spreadsheet these days....

message 13: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

We can use a spreadsheet or I can make a progress thread for us? Whichever you want.

message 14: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments I like spreadsheets, but that's only because I've never done a progress thread, so whichever is easier for you and the team!

message 15: by Jamie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 09:27AM) (new)

Jamie Felicia wrote: "I didn't even know we couldn't repeat! Man, I'm a shitty mod! Lmfao."

I had too.. Yikes! Tricky!

Maybe, we should have a cap on reserving spots/categories since this can quickly be limiting (especially with several of us doing the Uno challenge and things change fast). Maybe only 2 (maybe 3 if you are really fast) books at a time can be claimed as reading/plan to read or something and if we need to remove a hold on a spot we can, etc. Idk

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Felicia wrote: "We can use a spreadsheet or I can make a progress thread for us? Whichever you want."

Either is fine by me :)

message 17: by Lane (last edited Mar 23, 2018 09:27AM) (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments Jamie wrote: "Felicia wrote: "I didn't even know we couldn't repeat! Man, I'm a shitty mod! Lmfao."

I had too.. Yikes! Tricky!

Maybe, we should have a cap on reserving spots/categories since this can quickly b..."

I think maybe for initial signup cap at 5 or something and not taking both under one hero, but not after because some people are just going to read really quickly, like I know Rae reads super super fast, and I'd rather we just keep flipping the categories and staring over than capping the whole time, if that makes sense :)

message 18: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Mar 23, 2018 09:33AM) (new)

In my team in YA we have a spreadsheet but we just have it where everyone only posts their currently reading book. Because if someone else can get to a book to fit a slot that someone has reserved before that other person then it fills it up faster.

How do y'all feel about doing it like that?

A progress will look something like this...
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

But obviously to reflect this challenge instead of the Uno one in YA.

I can make it but I would be the only one who could update because it'd be my comment that keeps track of things.

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I like the currently reading idea! This help for those that aren’t super planners don’t get stuck not able to read for a round or have to read something they don’t want

message 20: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I'm gonna write up a spreadsheet right now. Give me a couple minutes guys.

message 21: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments Jamie wrote: "I like the currently reading idea! This help for those that aren’t super planners don’t get stuck not able to read for a round or have to read something they don’t want"

Yes! Love the currently reading also!

message 22: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Okay, here is our spreadsheet. I will have Alaina put this link in the first comment of our chat thread so it's always easy to find. :D
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

It's pretty self explinatory. The only thing anyone will need to edit is the currently reading/finished column and the name column. When putting your book in or editing just remember to fill in the color of the box depending on if you're finished with the book or if you're currently reading it.

message 23: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Will add when I get back near a computer ☺️

message 24: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Thanks! :D

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 25, 2018 07:57AM) (new)

I'm here. I like the idea but I don't feel comfortable with others knowing my email.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

If it's okay, I will post here what book I'm reading and what category it fits in and one of you can add it.

message 27: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Checked you in Slytherpuff :D

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Alaina wrote: "Checked you in Slytherpuff :D"

Thank you.

message 29: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Slytherpuff, the spreadsheet is public. I don’t need your email for it. So when you log onto it it’ll show your in the spreadsheet but you’ll be mark as ‘anonymous’ when you’re logged. Same as anyone else who logs in on our team.

However if you’re still uncomfortable using the spreadsheet, I can update it for you. Just check in with me before adding a book to the review thread to make sure it’s not a book for a category we’ve already completed.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Felicia wrote: "Slytherpuff, the spreadsheet is public. I don’t need your email for it. So when you log onto it it’ll show your in the spreadsheet but you’ll be mark as ‘anonymous’ when you’re logged. Same as anyo..."

Great. Thanks.

message 31: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

You’re welcome. 🙂

message 32: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Adding Emma to your team!

message 33: by Charley Girl (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments Jamie wrote: "Hi everyone!
If anyone wants to BR something, I will be *trying* to focus on books mainly from this post: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/......"

I'd love to read Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis (The Vampire Chronicles, #12) by Anne Rice with you.

message 34: by Charley Girl (last edited Mar 25, 2018 08:51PM) (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments Hi. Checking in. I like the spreadsheet and no one will know your email. You click on the link and it Google logs you in to make the changes and then you log out and your access is removed.

message 35: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Alaina wrote: "Adding Emma to your team!"

Great! Welcome Emma! 😁

message 36: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Charley Girl wrote: "Hi. Checking in."

Hey girl hey! 😁

message 37: by Charley Girl (last edited Mar 25, 2018 09:20PM) (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 680 comments Felicia wrote: "Charley Girl wrote: "Hi. Checking in."

Hey girl hey! 😁"

Hi! I looked at that URL you sent about book decorating and did one. It was funny because it was so simple. Three books, with a vase of flowers. It is on a side table by the chair I always read in.
It makes me happy! Thanks for the help. :)

message 38: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Of course! Happy to help make books look pretty! 😁 I just reorganized my shelves last night. 🤓

message 39: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Charley Girl wrote: "Hi. Checking in. I like the spreadsheet and no one will know your email. You click on the link and it Google logs you in to make the changes and then you log out and your access is removed."

Got you checked in :D

message 40: by Greer (new)

Greer (foxingontheedges) | 92 comments Hi,, when do we place in the spread sheet a book we would like to read for a category? I just found a perfect one.

message 41: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Mar 26, 2018 11:51AM) (new)

You can place your book in there as soon as you want. Just make sure you put the ones your currently reading, starting April 1st of course. I've already added my first book that I'll be starting April 1st.

We aren't planning anything out for future books because if someone can finish a category before someone else who has their name in a box for a future book, we'd rather get them filled as soon as possible.

Does that make sense? I read it back and it kind of makes sense. Lol.

message 42: by Greer (new)

Greer (foxingontheedges) | 92 comments Ha Ha, Yeah that makes sense even if I had to read it twice ;)
I'm putting my book in that I want to start April 1st

message 43: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Hahaha. Sorry. :D

Sounds good! I'm so worried about some of these categories! Like a book about a child genius!? What! Lol.

message 44: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Mar 26, 2018 12:15PM) (new)

Oh! I also have Batman Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2) by Marie Lu to read! So I'm gonna read that one too!. I've been meaning to pick it up off my shelf and just haven't Now I have the motivation to! :D

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma | 59 comments checking in! Hello Felicia!

message 46: by Greer (new)

Greer (foxingontheedges) | 92 comments Child Genius hummm... all I can come up with would be Enders Game and that's the only one I can think don't even know if that would count.

message 47: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Ender's Game would count. You could also count your Batman book, Felicia. Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are generally thought of as having been prodigies and geniuses.

You could also use any of the Artemis Fowl books, if you have read (or are interested in reading) that series.

message 48: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Emma wrote: "checking in! Hello Felicia!"

Hi Emma! Super happy to have ya! :D

message 49: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Mar 26, 2018 12:38PM) (new)

C.P. wrote: "Ender's Game would count. You could also count your Batman book, Felicia. Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are generally thought of as having been prodigies and geniuses.

You could also use any of the ..."

Oh! So my Batman book can count for another hero's section?! Cool! :D

message 50: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

I'm gonna mark that as my Batman book on the spreadsheet then! Then I'll have marked my physical book and my ebook on the ss. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.