Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Alaina's Suicide Squad - Chat! ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 688 (688 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Apr 19, 2018 08:28AM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 52014 comments Mod
Team:
✔ Alaina
✔ Laura (acquariusgb)
✔ Jenn
✔ Tim
✔ Carolina
✔ Rebecca
✔ Lucia
✔ Kayla
✔ Nicole
✔ Ry

Please check in by April 1st!

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...
^^Please only claim spots if you are CURRENTLY reading that specific book.

**NEW RULE** For this 2-month challenge and our upcoming June one, we are doing something a little different. At the end of our Series Quarterly Challenge there will be one winner that wins a prize of getting to choose a book from bookdepository.com. They can pick any book up to $10. For this to happen, we will be combining the points from this challenge, our June challenge, and our Series Quarterly together to pick that winner.

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2167 comments Suicide Squad for the win!

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenn wrote: "Suicide Squad for the win!"

YYASSSS!

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 219 comments checking in :)

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Rebecca wrote: "checking in :)"

got you checked in :D

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Does anyone want to be a tracker or should I do it? Or should we make like a google spreadsheet?? Since we have to complete each thing once and then we get to start all over.

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Hi, just checking in!
It's strange being in the Suicide Squad team. I still haven't seen the movie! LOL

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Hi, just checking in!
It's strange being in the Suicide Squad team. I still haven't seen the movie! LOL"

hahaha omg go see it!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Alaina wrote: "Does anyone want to be a tracker or should I do it? Or should we make like a google spreadsheet?? Since we have to complete each thing once and then we get to start all over."

Google spreadsheet sounds good, it might be easier since there are a lot of categories and it's a two months challenge.

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Mar 24, 2018 01:08PM) (new)

Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Does anyone want to be a tracker or should I do it? Or should we make like a google spreadsheet?? Since we have to complete each thing once and then we get to start all over."

Googl..."

okay :D do you guys want it on private so that the other teams can't see..or public because not everyone has checked in?

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments I'm for sure going to read: Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1) by Amie Kaufman . It can fit different categories like shapeshifting or twins.

Here are some books that could count as extra points:
Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Black Panther The Young Prince by Ronald L. Smith
The Flash The Haunting of Barry Allen by Susan Griffith

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Adding Lucia to your team. :)

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Bookbuyer wrote: "Adding Lucia to your team. :)"

nice!

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Adding Lucia to your team. :)"

nice!"

^-^

message 15: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 95 comments Hi, checking in!

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

•Lucia• wrote: "Hi, checking in!"

WELCOME TO THE MOST AWESOME TEAM EVER!

message 17: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 95 comments Thanks Alaina!! I'm really excited to do this challenge with you all :) :)

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

•Lucia• wrote: "Thanks Alaina!! I'm really excited to do this challenge with you all :) :)"

woohoo!

message 19: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

I added the google spreadsheet on the first message. Let me know if you all can see it or not.

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Alaina wrote: "I added the google spreadsheet on the first message. Let me know if you all can see it or not."

Perfect! Thank you! : )

message 21: by Tim (new)

Tim Mercer | 187 comments Sorry here now!

message 22: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Tim wrote: "Sorry here now!"

Checked you in!

message 23: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2167 comments I added 3 to the spreadsheet that I know for sure I'm reading. Let me know if I either did it wrong or anything lol. I will add more later when I can go through more books and also see what other people are doing :)

message 24: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Omg yay you can see it! That means I didn’t screw it up. I haven’t checked it yet since I just got home. I’ll do that right now 😏 also sorry for being a terrible team captain Work this week going to kick my butt because it’s quarter end and my boss from Colorado is here. I’m already in overtime and it’s Tuesday 😩

message 25: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Just looked and it looks great! I haven't thought about what books I'm going to read. I was thinking I could just take whatever people don't claim since I read books pretty quickly? Maybe?

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments hi everyone, how is it going?
do you think Defy the Stars will be okay for A book with a non-human main character?According to the synopsis one of the characters is a machine.

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes, Laura. It looks like that would work. I haven't read it, but the description definitely sounds like it would work!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments C.P. wrote: "Yes, Laura. It looks like that would work. I haven't read it, but the description definitely sounds like it would work!"

Great! Ok, thanks : )

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments for inventor/ scientist there's Iron Man The Gauntlet by Eoin Colfer .
unfortunately it's not with kindle unlimited so I don't know where to get it.

message 30: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 39 comments Checking in!

message 31: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Woohoo!

message 32: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 39 comments I have a question. If onw category is claimed, like for example "Captain America - A book set during WW2", I can't read a book like this as well? Or that's not a problem?

message 33: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Carolina wrote: "I have a question. If onw category is claimed, like for example "Captain America - A book set during WW2", I can't read a book like this as well? Or that's not a problem?"

One book per category. So there are two categories per super hero. If your book can work for another category than we can use. Because we once we complete all of the categories, it resets.

message 34: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 39 comments Ah, ok. So one can work for more than one cathegory. Ok, the. Thank you.

message 35: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

But with how many people are on each team we could get through the categories pretty quickly. Maybe.

message 36: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 39 comments Yes, that's true

message 37: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 39 comments One question. If I read Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda in Portuguese (my native language), does it count as a translated book?

message 38: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Carolina wrote: "One question. If I read Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda in Portuguese (my native language), does it count as a translated book?"

sure

message 39: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 39 comments Great! Thank you

message 40: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Carolina wrote: "Great! Thank you"

You're welcome!

message 41: by kayla ♡ (new)

kayla ♡ (kaysmagiclibrary) | 18 comments Sorry I didn't have my notifications set up right. Check me in please :)

message 42: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

kayla wrote: "Sorry I didn't have my notifications set up right. Check me in please :)"

yay! you are all checked in!

message 43: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Woohoo! the whole team has checked in! Let's go ham this month everyone!

message 44: by kayla ♡ (new)

kayla ♡ (kaysmagiclibrary) | 18 comments Hey guys! I'm trying to figure out what books I'm going to read for the challenge and I'm having trouble picking.

For the book that deals with mental health I have a few but I can't decide. There's Will Grayson, Will Grayson or Fangirl or Finding Audrey

All three of these books deal with mental illness but there's also Turtles All the Way Down

message 45: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

kayla wrote: "Hey guys! I'm trying to figure out what books I'm going to read for the challenge and I'm having trouble picking.

For the book that deals with mental health I have a few but I can't decide. There..."

I really liked Fangirl and Finding Audrey!

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments Happy April!!!

I'm nearly finished with the first book. I'll probably have a review up tomorrow!

Happy reading! : )

message 47: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Laura (acquariusgb) wrote: "Happy April!!!

I'm nearly finished with the first book. I'll probably have a review up tomorrow!

Happy reading! : )"

Woohoo! I haven't read anything yet! However, that doesn't mean I wont finish a book or four later today. Just been busy at work.

message 48: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 219 comments This may be a silly question but what are the rules for the spreadsheet? A lot of the spaces have been claimed and I know it's probably my fault for not doing any planning but not many of the books I will be reading will fit in.

I know I've done other challenges where instead of claiming books we just put in the ones we're currently reading but I don't know if that's the case here.

At this point there's not much point in me continuing with this challenge as I haven't got any books that will fit the currently empty spaces

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 442 comments More categories are actually free.
I see Simon vs the Homo Sapiens more than once, but I think it's one book per category. It depends which one will Carolina put it under at the end.

message 50: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Rebecca wrote: "This may be a silly question but what are the rules for the spreadsheet? A lot of the spaces have been claimed and I know it's probably my fault for not doing any planning but not many of the books..."

what books are you planning on reading? If you want you can ask if they are willing to move their book to another spot. In that last challenge, if people already claimed a spot but haven't finished their book.. we would just ask if we could take that spot and see if they could move their book to somewhere else.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.