Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Three Weeks to Forgiveness: God's Redemption in the Dark Places of Addiction
This topic is about Three Weeks to Forgiveness
Book Cover Help > Unpublished Book Cover Replacement

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Dewberry (kimberly_dewberry) | 5 comments Can you replace the existing cover with the one from the publisher, please? The book will be published on April 10 and I have the ISBN # as well. Am I able to add it or do you need to? How do I provide you with the correct cover?

message 2: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments Hi, Kimberly.

That book has been Shelved and has reviews - have any Advance Reader Copies or other editions been distributed with the current cover?

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Dewberry (kimberly_dewberry) | 5 comments hello and thank you for responding. Not yet. If I replace the cover and add the ISBN # will i loose my reviews? how do I change the cover image on a book that hasn't published yet?

message 4: by Hugo (last edited Mar 21, 2018 05:11PM) (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments Sorry, I need to clarify - this book, with the current cover, already has prepublication ratings and reviews from Goodreads users who received an ARC copy.

Replacing or removing the cover of an existing edition, including the covers of advance reader copies, is in violation of Goodreads policy; people may have added the existing edition with that specific cover because it is the one they own.

If this current cover was on the ARC which generated the current reviews, we can create an Alternate Cover Edition for you, using the new cover.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Dewberry (kimberly_dewberry) | 5 comments Ok, if we add an alternate cover edition, can that one be the default image that appears? Will I loose the ARC reviews?

message 6: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments If you can provide any extra information (ISBNs, Page Count, etc) and a link to the Publisher's site featuring the new cover, an ACE can be created. It would simply show alongside the current edition, share Reviews and ratings, and you can set the new cover as the default so that it shows up on the page and in searches instead of the old cover.

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Dewberry (kimberly_dewberry) | 5 comments oh okay. Sorry, I'm new at this. :) I'll come back to this thread once the book has been published by the publisher and is available on their site. that will be April 10. Thank you for your help!

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Dewberry (kimberly_dewberry) | 5 comments Here is the information requested in order to update to the current cover:

ISBN:978-1-63213-486-8
Pages:154
Release Date:April 5, 2018
http://www.electiopublishing.com/book...

message 9: by Hugo (new)

Hugo (hugo_nebula) | 730 comments Hi, Kimberly.

I have marked the existing ARC edition as such and added the published edition here - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3.... As the previous edition was an ARC, the ISBN moves over.

(I couldn't get the Electio website to load, so details are from the Amazon listing.)

You can set this new cover as the default, so that it shows on your Profile and in searches, by following these instructions - https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...