Historical Fiction discussion

The Secret Life of Mrs. London
This topic is about The Secret Life of Mrs. London
books to read! > Women's History Month: The Secret Life of Mrs. London

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 7 comments A riveting story of ambition and infidelity and a woman who was way ahed of her time! The Secret Life of Mrs. London captures the fateful meeting of the Houdinis and Londons, the most remarkable couples of their time.

Jack London, the most popular author in America, and Houdini, a world-renown escape artist, have reached the pinnacles of their careers in 1915. While their wives, Charmian London and Bess Houdini are opposites, they bond through their trials with the over-sized egos of their famous husbands. Free Love, blinding fame, tenuous success, and the Great War threaten them. The couples struggle to hold onto their marriages through the challenges, eventually succumbing to the lure of another’s arms … until one of them takes a stand … alone.

This book has been nomiated nominated for the Center for Fiction First Novel Award. This annual award was created in 2006 to honor the best first novel of the year. The shortlist for the award will be announced in September 2018 and the prize will be given in December.

The Secret Life of Mrs. London has also been requested by Sarah Jessica Parker's Book Club Central. Fingers crossed!

description

Bonnye Reed (brf1948) | 30 comments Great! Goft my fingers crossed....

message 3: by Pattie (new)

Pattie | 8 comments This book sounds like something I will enjoy! Good luck with the book club xx

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 7 comments Bonnye Reed wrote: "Great! Goft my fingers crossed...."

Thanks, Bonnye!

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 7 comments Pattie wrote: "This book sounds like something I will enjoy! Good luck with the book club xx"
Thanks, Pattie!

message 6: by Edward (new)

Edward | 13 comments Sounds likes something I would try. Jack London was a terrific writer. And Houdini was a lunatic.

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 7 comments maybe both had a touch of madness... ;-)