Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Off Topic > Hashtags?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
Ok, this will sound very stupid to people who are used to Twitter. I'm not quite sure what it does on Twitter, but I know it has a purpose and I can understand it. Now, what I don't understand is when people are using it here on Goodreads. Is there a specific reason to do so?

I'm looking forward to go to bed tonight knowing I've learned something today. :P

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Moore (kevmoorewrites) | 63 comments On Twitter Hashtags have function where you can see everyone who has tweeted using that hashtag. But it gets used elsewhere sometimes as a joke, sometimes as a summary of the whole previous comment, sometimes for the heck of it. #HashtagCulture ;)

message 3: by G.G. (new)

Thanks Kevin!

message 4: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments #peopleareweird #ohcrapnowimdoingittoo #abandonhopeallyewhohashtag #stopititsnotfunnyanymore #wellitistome #butyouremesohowisthatpossible #yagotmethere

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Moore (kevmoorewrites) | 63 comments J. David wrote: "#peopleareweird #ohcrapnowimdoingittoo #abandonhopeallyewhohashtag #stopititsnotfunnyanymore #wellitistome #butyouremesohowisthatpossible #yagotmethere"

#LOL @ J. David

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Michelle | 450 comments Mod
The way I think of a #Hashtag is kind of like a search engine oO lol So if I said #amwriting anyone else who searches or uses that hashtag will see mine and basically it opens up opportunities to have new followers or more people to talk to who are into the same stuff as you…

I probably didnt explain that well at all xp Where's Bisky? She knows everything! *looks under bed* Bisky where'd you gooo? You can come out now! << >> :<

message 7: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
Sorry, sorry. It's too hot here and I've been hiding ._.

Yeah, think it's like a tag that relates all posts together but it can always be used like putting a comment in brackets kinda #IRuinMyStuffWithHastags

People can overuse them and that looks silly. I used the #AmWriting and #AmEditing to follow people when I first started out.

I also have my own hastag #OnlyInWriting but no one uses it except for me and Josh now :[ lol

message 8: by G.G. (new)

Thanks guys! Sorry if it took me long to answer... I was not receiving those posts. I'm currently switching everything back to what it was before. I hope I won't be missing anything anymore. :(

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Barnes | 86 comments J. David wrote: "#peopleareweird #ohcrapnowimdoingittoo #abandonhopeallyewhohashtag #stopititsnotfunnyanymore #wellitistome #butyouremesohowisthatpossible #yagotmethere"

LOL!! :)