What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Love You to Death
This topic is about Love You to Death
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A YA Book With a Teen Stalker [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by cari (new) - added it

cari (selkiemoon) | 5 comments I’ve been trying to remember the name of this book for several years. I read it about 10-13 years ago; I think it may have been published sometime in the 90s. There’s a group of girls who are friends, and then a new boy moves to town (I’m almaot positive his name was Cal; the main female character I’m pretty sure was named Julie). One of Julie’s friends liked the new guy and got angry when he wanted to date Julie instead. It turned out that Cal was crazy and possessive and was obsessed with Julie because she reminded him of an old girlfriend who died. At one point some kids from school accidentally ran over Cal’s cat and he attacked them. I believe at the end of the book Cal killed himself by jumping off a cliff. I thought it was part of the Point Horror series but I’ve searched that series endlessly and can’t find this book. But it was similar to books like those. I think the cover had either a flower or a girl on it but I could be mistaken.

message 2: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Can't place it specifically, but seems like this could easily be something by Christopher Pike.

message 3: by J.S. (new)

J.S. (jsedge) | 58 comments Maybe https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...?

It involves a cliff, a jealous best friend, and there's a flower on the cover. The main characters are Joanna and Dex.
x

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments The Boyfriend for future reference.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments The part about the guy obsessed with a girl who reminds him of his dead girlfriend reminds me of Generation Dead.

message 6: by cari (new) - added it

cari (selkiemoon) | 5 comments I thought it was The Boyfriend when I first came across that one because the cover looked familiar (I think I may have also read this one at some point) but it’s not the same as the book I’m trying to remember. The girl in the book I read didn’t trick or lead on the guy who was obsessed with her but I think she found out he’d been suspected of killing an old girlfriend. He tried to kill her at the end but one of her other friends from school intervened and there was a struggle and then the boyfriend threw himself off the cliff. The most distinct scene I can remember are the girl’s gal pals confronting her and telling her she was a bad friend because one of the other girls “saw him first” and “called dibs,” essentially.

message 8: by cari (new) - added it

cari (selkiemoon) | 5 comments YES. OH MY GOD THANK YOU.