Sheboygan Graphic Novel Book Club discussion

Meet up for Influencing Machine last night

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Cruz | 10 comments Hey,
Just wanted to thank Sam for hosting the Paradigm group last night. I may have been lukewarm on The Influencing Machine, but enjoyed our discussion about it. I’m looking forward to the next one and plan on posting suggestions for future reads here in the Goodreads group. Might even spark some more conversations about other great graphic novels right here to pass the time between coffee shop gatherings.

One thing I wanted to post real quick- I wanted to look around at some reviews of the book to see if any critics had similar feelings to my own. When I googled, the very first post was a review from The New York Times which basically mirrored the stuff I said last night... so, guess I wasn’t the only one. I’ll just drop that here for fun. Thanks again
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/06/08...

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam | 11 comments Mod
Hi, Chris,

Thanks for sharing! I just added another discussion post before I saw yours, so sorry for any overlap.
I certainly think this New York Times review is a very fair examination of the book's shortcomings, as well as it's strengths.

Overall I think it was able to serve as a nice jumpstart to conversations about a relevant topic. Thanks again!

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Cruz | 10 comments Totally agree. Very good jumpstart. In the future I’ll wait for your official post of the monthly meetups to chime in so that we can keep the conversation threads nicely organized. Sorry about getting ahead of it this time around.