Shut Up & Read discussion

High Voltage (Fever, #10)
This topic is about High Voltage
Archives- Buddy Reads > High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12343 comments Mod
This is a series I could definitely re-read. I was kind of worried that I would have forgotten everything since the last book, but as soon as I started reading it all came back, lol.

Where did everyone go, and what's going on with Danie's arm? The Earth Gods sound like they are going to be trouble.

message 2: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh | 15433 comments Mod
I'm so glad you started this thread! This is definitely a series I could continue to re-reads. I was debating on re-reading the last book but like you said everything can rushing back. I can't believe Ryodan left. It must have something to do with Mac and Barrons. I still cry over Dancer. Danni's arm turning black is not good. Earth Gods and Inspector Jane both coming after her sword. Not good! Who is the God that is worse than Aoz?

message 3: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love Shazam!

message 4: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I love Shazam!"

He's hilarious! And the Pallas cats...Poor guy is lonely.

message 5: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

That was hilarious! Those Poor Cats! He is lonely...he wants a mate. How exactly is he going to find one? Poor Dani! She was seroiusly abuse not just by her mombut Rowena was the worst. Dani has always wanted love. She had that with Dancer but then he died. Ryodan always loved her even why she was too young to understand. Now she can't touch anyone for fear she will hurt them. That totally sucks!!!!

message 6: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

WOW! I have cried most of the day listening to this one. It broke my heart and pieced it back together. Karen Marie Moning is one amazing author!

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Are you done? Lol. I’m at the halfway point... Ryodan is back!!

message 8: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "Are you done? Lol. I’m at the halfway point... Ryodan is back!!"

Yes and yes. It was hard seeing him like that... vulnerable, hurt.

message 9: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

What do you think so far?

message 10: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Love it! I forget from book to book how much I like her writing..And Dani. I like her thinking, her thought process. So the books about her are fun.

message 11: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Mar 21, 2018 06:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Have you ever read Moning’s Highlander series? It’s about the McKelters... And it has Adam Black in in who is in this series too ...but not as a major character.

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm glad to see Christian make an appearance! He was always one of my favorite Characters.

message 13: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "Love it! I forget from book to book how much I like her writing..And Dani. I like her thinking, her thought process. So the books about her are fun."

Love Dani! Her voice is both fun and heart breaking.

message 14: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "Have you ever read Moning’s Highlander series? It’s about the McKelters... And it has Adam Black in in who is in this series too ...but not as a major character."

I haven't read them. I love me some Highlanders, though! Wouldn't mind reading those together.

message 15: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri wrote: "I'm glad to see Christian make an appearance! He was always one of my favorite Characters."

Christian...it broke my heart to see what he went through and what he turned into. I like that he is able to control it now.

message 16: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat's little girl is adorable but I wonder what is hiding inside. Did the Song effect her, too?

message 17: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I haven't read them. I love me some Highlanders, though! Wouldn't mind reading those together. "

Definitely! I read them a few years ago, but I would be up to a re-read.

message 18: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "Cat's little girl is adorable but I wonder what is hiding inside. Did the Song effect her, too?"

I'm curious about her. Is she Cruce's daughter or Sean's?

I stopped last night right when Kat was being taken away to see Sean and Dani and Ryodan were going into the Fae club...I figured if I kept reading I wouldn't stop and I needed to sleep, lol. I love the dynamics between Dani and Ryodan now that she is older. The tension...and banter between them is fun.

Moning should do a spin off on just the 9...Before the Fever series so we can find out where they came from and who they are.

message 19: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am wondering the samething...Cruce or Sean. When she told her Kat that there is something dark in her I thought of Cruce. Not sure how that will play out. Good thing you stopped there because you wouldn't have put it down after that. S**t hits the fan and everything you thought you knew gers messed with. Crazy! So good!

message 20: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't want the series to end. We have to find mates for all of the 9 and Cristian.

message 21: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I don't want the series to end. We have to find mates for all of the 9 and Cristian."

That would be great!!

message 22: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh my god...Dancer’s letter. So sad!!

message 23: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I cried like a baby! It wasn't pretty.

message 24: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wow, what an ending! I love to see Dani happy finally. And Ryodan knew all along!

message 25: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I loved it!