2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Big Little Lies
This topic is about Big Little Lies
ARCHIVE 2018 > Big Little Lies: Chapter 22-42

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4555 comments This is the discussion thread for Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Chapter 22-42

Dania (frenchiestfry) | 70 comments The story is picking up on the suspense and revealing the dark sides of the main characters. I'm really keen to know what happens next.

TCampbell | 219 comments I think this is the point at which the suspense building really picked up and I just couldn't put the book the book down. Finished in just a couple of sittings!

message 4: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (last edited Apr 13, 2018 10:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SarahKat | 2708 comments This might be my favorite and the most difficult book I've ever read. It's just all so heartbreaking! I relate too closely to the characters, which I love, but also it just makes the awful things they are going through that much more awful.

I should not read this while my kindergartner is at school where I can't call him over for a hug every time someone accuses Ziggy of something. (Not that my kid has been accused of anything, but it's just every parents' fear of their kid not fitting in or not being liked).

I'm honestly guessing Chloe is the one bullying Amabella as sort of protection or revenge for Ziggy. She probably has the same fierce defensiveness of her friends that her mother does, and she (view spoiler). Plus, Madeline has been preoccupied with the whole Abigail/ex-husband/Bonnie thing and may not see "signs" or whatever. And Ziggy won't talk about it because he wants to protect HER.

Dania (frenchiestfry) | 70 comments SarahKat wrote: "I'm honestly guessing Chloe is the one bullying Amabella as sort of protection or revenge for Ziggy.."

Omg you're right, I haven't even thought of that! I once suspected Ziggy was some secret psychopath (because his mom keeps on thinking it is), then realised how ridiculous it was LOL.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Big Little Lies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Liane Moriarty (other topics)