What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Horror Anthology That I Read in the late 1990s

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments I've been wracking my brains for most of today, trying to remember the title of this really great book I discovered when I was a teen.

One of the stories is about a woman who is either a doctor or scientist who is undergoing a medical trial involving a two-part medication. One of the hypodermics is filled with a medication that kills cancerous cells, and I think the other is a medication that strengthens already healthy cells so the cancer drug doesn't kill them. The woman is accidentally injected with the cancer-killing one before she is given the strengthening one, and is forced to go into suspended animation until her team can figure out how to reverse the process.

Another story involves the discovery that adipose tissue is parasitic in nature. A slender doctor kills his best friend for the fat-killing drug he developed; the doctor then takes the drug home and forces his wife to take it. Later that night, all of her fat disconnects and evacuates her body, then attaches to the husband for sustenance.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1528 comments Still looking for this?

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1528 comments A bit of a wild guess as I haven't read it, but Intensive Scare would meet the theme. My other guess would be that it might be by Michael Blumlein, a doctor turned horror writer whose work often involved medical subjects. I can't say for sure, however.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Intensive Scare (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael Blumlein (other topics)