The Blank Index discussion

Members > Welcome! Introduce yourself :)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabaccia (new)

Gabaccia | 6 comments Welcome, everyone!
Use this space to introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, where you are from, your favorite book and least favorite book.

message 2: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Mietus | 3 comments Hi!
I am Noelle + I currently live in Encinitas, CA.
My favorite book right now is Earth is Hiring by Peta Kelly but also I've always loved To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and the entire Harry Potter series. I could list SO many "favorites" but I'll leave it to those for now :)
I don't think I have a least favorite off the top of my head but I'm not a huge fan of strictly romance books. Can't wait to 'meet' you all!

message 3: by Gabaccia (new)

Gabaccia | 6 comments Hi everyone!

I am Gabaccia and I live on the road (Currently in Campeche, Mexico).

My favorite author is Voltaire - there is just something so effortless, insightful, and elegant in his work. My favorite books are (I know, hard to pick one!) I Love Dick by Chris Krauss, War and Peace by Leo Tolstoi, The Republic by Plato, and Environmental Theater by Richard Schechner - P.S. I definitely need more women authors in my life.

Least favorite book - the next one that will make me fall asleep during the first chapter.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

message 4: by Tanager (new)

Tanager (tanabell) Hey Everyone!

My name is Tanager and I travel continuously, rock climbing and working as a translator and copyeditor. I'm currently in Geyikbayiri, Turkey.

Some of my favorite books are The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and The Tao of Pooh and The Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff. I love magical realism, family sagas, and getting sucked into another world.

My least favorite book is The Alchemist (someone else's favorite, I see).

Let's read!

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika Lawson | 1 comments Hi!

I'm Erika, I live in New York. I used to live with Gabaccia in Brooklyn.

Some of my favorite books are Fear of Flying by Erica Jong, Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote, etc.

It's hard to pick a least favorite because I usually don't finish a book if I can't get into it. I usually struggle with non-fiction. I can only read non-fiction if it's the length of an article.

Looking forward to discovering new literature and ideas with you.
:)