Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Beta Any Genre

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi (JavaLlama) | 2 comments I can’t say I have a type of book. I go for almost anything that peeks my interest. Willing to beta read for anyone. New to beta reading but definitely can help where needed 😁 can pm or comment here!

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 29 comments HI Bobby, will pm you. Thanks for the offer to read

message 3: by Goodness (new)

Goodness Nwankpa (GoodnessNwankpa) | 42 comments Hi Bobbi,

My story is a YA, with a 60k word count. A warning: it deals with sensitive topics and can get dark at times.

Synopsis:

Fourteen year old Alina thought that above all, she could trust Gaten. He’s been her rock since tragedy befell her three long years ago. But one day, she finds a letter; a letter is all it takes for Alina’s world to once again dismantle before her eyes. And suddenly, she’s thrown into doubt about the one individual she believed that she could rely on. In a desperate bid for answers, Alina decides to take matters into her own hands. The life altering consequences are ones that she did not anticipate.

Thank you for your time.

message 4: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Smith | 8 comments I would love for you to read my short story. It's historical fiction set in the 1300's.

message 5: by K.M. (new)

K.M. Taylor (kmtaylor) | 45 comments Hi Bobbi, if you’re still open to beta reading I have a thriller I am looking for betas for! I’ve sent you a friend request and will PM the synopsis when I’m accepted! I have really cool giveaways that I do for my existing team of betas, FYI!

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Nairn Hi Bobby, are you still available to read new novels? I have a contemporary romance, which follows two females, Kate and Amanda. The story line around Kate is light hearted whilst that around Amanda is more turbulent and emotional. It's approx 107k, but I can send you the first few chapters to see if it's the kind of thing you like. Thanks. Kirsten

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 80 comments Hello,
I realize you have quite a few posts but if you get a chance I'd love for you to look at my short horror/ dark fantasy story, that's about 3,055 words. If you're interested I'd appreciate it if you sent me a PM :)

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Parker (lorenamyparker) | 2 comments Hi Bobbi,

My story is told by nineteen year old Lorraine Pritchard.
Lorraine only has resolution: Make each year greater than the last. - But how can she when her seventeen year old sister is hit by a car on New Years Eve?
The first three chapters focus on the driver who hit Mia, and Mia's time spent in intensive care.

Please let me know if you are interested :)

message 9: by J.E. (new)

J.E. (johnmullane) | 5 comments Hi Bobbi,

I see you're very popular here, and probably very busy, but I'll reach out to you anyway.
I have a novel set in 1968 amid the Vietnam War, race riots, assassinations, demonstrations and more. An overly-imaginative boy discovers the body of a seventeen-year-old girl at a small town's waterfront. A weary police chief and his small department must solve the murder before the frightened town goes vigilante. Several of the townspeople including a racist old hairdresser, a frustrated wandering husband, and a twenty-year-old alcoholic woman seemingly bent on self-destruction play roles in the discovery of the murderer.

I would love to hear back from you. Thanks, Bobbi.

message 10: by David (new)

David Burton (goodreadscomdcburtonjr) | 15 comments Hi Bobbi,
I have a psychological thriller, Fear Killer, that I recently revised. I'd love to get some feedback on it.
I can send .mobi or epub or PDF versions.
Thanks for considering Fear Killer.
Cheers,
David
A cautionary tale, the psychological suspense novel Fear Killer is the story of Emily Perrit, a beautiful but timid young woman victimized by an abusive, adulterous husband. When Emily is attacked by an intruder in her home, she surprises herself by fighting off and finally killing the man. Seeing the fear in his dying eyes, something snaps inside her. She has never made anybody afraid before. She is no longer willing to be a victim. Her need to see that fear again soon becomes an obsession, with deadly consequences.
A Female Detective helps her as a victim as she hunts her as a killer.

message 11: by Cubechicken (new)

Cubechicken | 1 comments Bobbi wrote: "I can’t say I have a type of book. I go for almost anything that peeks my interest. Willing to beta read for anyone. New to beta reading but definitely can help where needed 😁 can pm or comment here!"

I'm in the process of writing a comedy/sci-fi novel and I'm in need of someone to read the first 8 chapters (plus or minus the prologue). Please ignore grammar errors and the weird names I have for the characters. the names aren't permanent.
I can send it chapter by chapter over google docs.
Calvin,
An arrogant genius, a depressed doctor, a clumsy fool, a towering beast, a runaway, and a cyborg. It's the beginning of one terrible joke. That is until a retired hero is lassoed back into the scene by a mystery regarding their ship, and is forced to turn the smorgasbord of cliches and oddities into a band of legends.

message 12: by Dave (new)

Dave Anderson | 54 comments Bobby,
I have a short 70,000 word novel you may be interested in.
The title is based on a 10 year old boys biggest fears.
When we hear about kids like Cody Chandler, all but the most cold-hearted of us sympathize.
Some of us may offer their prayers, but once we’re over the initial shock, most of us will forget about them in a couple of days.
We don’t like to dwell on child abuse, so stories like Cody’s sink deep in our subconscious and make us feel subtly grateful for our more fortunate births.

Having suffered physical, emotional, and sexual abuse by the time he was eleven, Cody has experienced life in ways few would envy.
But instead of being crushed by his experiences, he rises above his circumstance through an incredible act of sacrifice he hopes will free him from the ghosts who haunt him.
When Cody is forced to examine the impact abuse has had on his life, he must decide how much of his past he can safely reveal.
While revealing his deepest childhood secret might be healing, it might also be his undoing.

message 13: by Asper (new)

Asper Blurry | 28 comments PM sent :)

message 14: by Trevor (last edited May 09, 2018 06:14AM) (new)

Trevor Morris | 67 comments Hi there, I have an 88k completed fantasy novel that may well be your cup of tea.

Saviour: the making of a superhero

He’s an artist who creates superheroes…
But does he have the courage to become one?

Tempted?
T