Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Beta Any Genre

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi (JavaLlama) | 2 comments I can’t say I have a type of book. I go for almost anything that peeks my interest. Willing to beta read for anyone. New to beta reading but definitely can help where needed 😁 can pm or comment here!

message 2: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 13 comments Hello Bobbi. I could send you the first five chapters of my book then if you like it can send you the remaining.

message 3: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Smith | 8 comments Would you be interested in reading my short story?

message 4: by MORAG (new)

MORAG | 4 comments Please see my post today Bobbi. Would you be kind enough to have a look for me please and let me know your views? Morag

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 13 comments Are you still there?

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Bozeman | 6 comments Hi!
I am about 5 chapters into my romance novel and I would love for you to read any part of it that you like! my email is radiancesmom@mail.com (not gmail :))
I look forward to your response! :)

message 7: by Eugene (new)

Eugene Polonsky | 15 comments Hi Bobby:

Have a 108k words Norse Mythology-based novel -- contemporary fantasy. Here's the blurb. Ping if this sounds interesting.

Emma is fifteen, and her days of playing the violin and hanging out with friends are just about over. She’s grown up in Northern California, unaware that her mom isn’t human, and her dad is Baldur, the Norse God of Light.

There’s a reason her parents hid the truth from Emma. A dark prophecy hangs over the family: Baldur’s murder at the hands of Loki, the Trickster God, is the first step toward the end of the world. Thus far hiding from the other gods has kept Baldur and his family safe. But now Loki has traced Baldur down and is about to fulfill the prophecy.

Emma’s family shatters as her mom dies in an ambush, and Baldur himself is incapacitated. Emma’s maternal grandmother steals Emma away from Baldur under the guise of protecting her. Thrust into an unfamiliar environment, Emma must discover her own magical abilities, and figure out how to get back to her father to save him from a certain death.

Balt is a troubled teenager who ran away from his abusive family to join the group of gods protecting humanity. At least, that’s how Balt remembers it. The memory is a fake — a plant put in by Loki to get Balt to join him. Balt has been with Loki for two years now, and has come to trust him as a father-figure.

But when Loki tasks Balt with capturing Emma as a way to get to Baldur, his web of lies begins to unravel. Balt finds out about the faked memory and faces a choice between sticking with Loki despite the lies that started their relationship, and betraying him to pursue his growing feelings for Emma.

The Road to Ragnarök is complete at 108k words. The book will appeal to fans of contemporary fantasy in the style of Clive Barker’s Imajica and Neil Gaiman’s American Gods. Like these books, my novel focuses on deeply-flawed characters within a mythological context, and features an innovative magic system centered around using memories as fuel for spells.

Thanks!

message 8: by Courtney! (new)

Courtney! | 7 comments Hi Bobbi,

I am in search of a beta reader and thank you in advance for the offer.

I have a 62K dark urban fantasy YA novel that needs new eyes. Here's the link for my goodreads post: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

If it's something you're interested in, please let me know - I know I sound super needy in my post, but I just want to make sure all the information is available so people can make an informed decision.

Thank you!

Courtney

message 9: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Combista (jdcombista) | 5 comments Hi, Bobbi!

I need a beta reader for my 90,000-word high fantasy story. It's set in a world based on Maritime Southeast Asia in the 15th to 16th century, taking liberties from Visayan culture and folklore.

Here's the unofficial blurb:

A land divided by seas. A valley where princedoms nestle. A chance encounter.

Kabael, a vagabond who has wandered the Empire of Sriurvana, looking for contracts to make a living, encounters a young maiden named Paglinawan from a nearby kadatuan, a princely state, hoping to make it to the northernmost reaches of the island of Abuyo, where the states of Hamabar and Selurong sit within the lushness of the Galang Valley.

As Kabael agrees to guide Paglinawan to the Northern kadatuan of Mandalungan, he ventures into perils and political turmoil he has never encountered before--oblivious to what would come to him next.

Set in the archipelago of Maradika, where the Empires of Sriurvana and Kamenangan rule, The Illuminated Maiden is a tale of a land ethereal, where ancient magic, unearthly beings, and thalassocratic regimes abound. It is a story of a time long-forgotten, mired by centuries-long conflict and the troubles of mortal men.

--

If you're interested, feel free to send me a message.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Jared

message 10: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 64 comments Hi Bobbi. Are you still accepting things to beta read?

message 11: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Morris | 67 comments Hi there, I have an 88k completed fantasy novel that may well be your cup of tea.

Saviour: the making of a superhero

He’s an artist who creates superheroes…
But does he have the courage to become one?

Tempted?
T