Audiobooks discussion

Ask Audible > Shopping cart default

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) | 196 comments Does anyone still come around here from Audible? Because I would love to campaign for a change to the shopping cart. As it is, it automatically defaults to assigning any or all available credits to whatever's in the cart. And being in a hurry or not paying attention I've put a transaction through like that, without de-selecting the credit (or de-selecting it and forgetting to update the cart) a handful of times over the years. And then I have to (*shudder*) get on a chat with a customer service rep and lose half an hour of my life (or more) getting it fixed. Is it just me, or would it be better for the system to just allow us to apply the credits when and if we want in the first place?

It's also a pain in the kiester in sales, when I'm purchasing several books and have to play whack-a-mole as the little "Apply credits" check marks pop up.

message 2: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3238 comments I agree this is an issue. I do like the default the majority of the time when I'm purchasing most books, but Daily Deals, books that always cost below the price of a credit, or books that are in a sale for cash should not come up in the Cart with the default price of one credit. And playing Whack-a-Mole indeed! I've always found getting the cash price in place and then keeping it that way to be very frustrating.

I've found myself using the "buy with one-click" setting more and more frequently since each option--to buy using a credit or to buy using cash--are clearly separated options. It's handy, for example, to drop prospective books from cash sales into the Cart when making the first pass through the offered sale books and then going to the individual book page to make a final determination and buy it from there or return to the cart and delete it. It's also handy that once purchased the book disappears from the Cart automatically.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) | 196 comments Yes - I prefer the one-click option too. I run into problems with sales because I shop the same way I used to make my list for Santa from the Christmas catalog - I just click everything I'm interested in, then go to the cart. Once I've come to from having passed out at the total I've racked out, then I set to narrowing it down to what I can actually afford. So those darned check marks appear and disappear all over the place...

message 4: by Specs (new)

Specs Bunny (specsbunny) | 416 comments Don't know about Audible.com, but Audible UK has a quick check out next to the DD:
Buy now with a credit OR
Buy now for £2.99

message 5: by Rick B (new)

Rick B (rickyralf) | 28 comments As.my brother in law likes to say, "this is a true first world problem" ;)

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 16 comments Yes, I have complained to Audible abut this. I am flagged and not allowed to return books myself because of multiple returns involving using credits rather than cash. I waste 15 minutes in a chat to correct payment each time this happens.

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) | 196 comments Rick B wrote: "As.my brother in law likes to say, "this is a true first world problem" ;)"

As is to be expected in an online group discussing such things as digital audiobooks ...

message 8: by Rick B (new)

Rick B (rickyralf) | 28 comments Tracey wrote: "Rick B wrote: "As.my brother in law likes to say, "this is a true first world problem" ;)"

As is to be expected in an online group discussing such things as digital audiobooks ..."

Ain't it the truth though! I actually agree with you. For some reason Audible has made navigating their website much more difficult in the last couple of years. That being said, if digital audiobooks didn't exist, I probably couldn't get through more than one book a week. I'm no longer able to hold paper books and I can only read my Kindle for about 10 to 15 minutes at a time. Now that I'm retired and have lots of time on my hands, I'm listening to 3 to 5 books per week, and loving it! The only problem is, I love to read and listen to music at the same time. Audiobooks + Music. That's a form of multitasking, or more precisely dual tasking, that I have yet to master.

message 9: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Finlay | 7 comments I think this is dreadful but are you aware that for Indie authors like myself who have forked out a big sum for an audiobook & given away some precious free codes to apply to our book that if you RETURN a book we don't get a "Sale" & we've lost our code. Why return books? It's not as if you can return a book to a physical bookstore? And even one book at membership price is about the same cost as a print book? I agree Audible need to make their site more navigable but...books aren't all about consumerism & audiobooks are wonderful for the time-poor young and old and blind alike?

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (themagicmonster) | 51 comments They are returning the book and then buying it the correct way. I have done that myself. However if they truly purchased the book and don't like it Audible allows the return for any reason. There are limits in place as someone mentioned that would prevent customers from just returning everything all the time to continue using the same credits. However just because you got a review of the person really dislikes the audiobook they don't even want to see it in their books they should be able to return it. If audible wanted to prevent the return of the credit for returned gifted books that authors give out that would be fine. Though the reviewer should have right not to see a book. kind of on the same subject... if we had more control of the organization of the audiobooks you could hide or put in a folder that you would not have to view it.

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1507 comments S.A. wrote: "I think this is dreadful but are you aware that for Indie authors like myself who have forked out a big sum for an audiobook & given away some precious free codes to apply to our book that if you R..."

they aren't talking about books where you are given a code to redeem...but the generic default to use credits when you add a book to your cart