Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > EDE: 60K Dark Urban Fantasy YA

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney! (new)

Courtney! | 7 comments Hello!

This is my first ever post, so please bear with the newb.

I am seeking beta readers for my dark Urban Fantasy YA book, EDE, which is about 60,000 words at the moment. I am undergoing one more edit this week to flesh things out so it may grow a little; I am hoping to have beta readers for the first of April, if not a little sooner (am I being too demanding yet?). I heard the beta reader process is a little time consuming, hence starting early in preparation.

Here's the gist of EDE:

Many teens live their lives according to someone else’s desires. 17 year old Light witch, Ede, is no different – Gramma determined Ede will finish high school, finish college, and then take over Marigold’s Magickal Shoppe, so Gramma and Marigold are free to do whatever old Light witches do.

However, Ede hasn’t come into her full-fledged witch powers yet, much to her annoyance. Taking things into her own hands, Ede chooses to force her powers to awaken before they’re ready, which is unnatural for a Light witch and doing unnatural magick invites the Darkness in, as Gramma says. Performing the tainted Dark magick is forbidden in Ede’s life, so when she uncovers a hidden chest of Dark items once belonging to Ede’s mother, she thinks the Darkness can’t be as bad as Gramma makes it out to be.

I am not sure if it needs to be said, but I am not interested in swapping - sorry :(. I am hoping for a turn around time of a month (a couple of weeks past is fine, but the sooner the better). I will be providing questions at the end of each chapter to help me better understand what I'm lacking and such. Um, I hope I've covered everything - please let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you very much in advance,

Courtney

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Lowe | 51 comments hello,
What format do you have it in? I prefer google docs. I think I can do 60k in a month. Mostly I read after I finish my revisions (Ugh) and need a break. You can e-mail me at taylowe82@gmail.com