YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Wife Between Us
This topic is about The Wife Between Us
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen - Restarting February 22nd 2020

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jayme | 283 comments A novel of suspense that explores the complexities of marriage and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love.
When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.
You will assume you are reading about a jealous wife and her obsession with her replacement.
You will assume you are reading about a woman about to enter a new marriage with the man she loves.
You will assume the first wife was a disaster and that the husband was well rid of her.
You will assume you know the motives, the history, the anatomy of the relationships.
Assume nothing.

message 2: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine | 860 comments Thanks for the thread Jayme

Jayme | 283 comments No problem! I’m looking forward to reading this one; I’ve heard it’s pretty good!
Did you want to set a reading pace or read at our own pace?

message 4: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine | 860 comments Let's just read at our own pace and comment on each others' update

Jayme | 283 comments Sounds good :) Happy reading!

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 109 comments this is on my TBR list so i may join you ladies!!

message 7: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine | 860 comments Will start this after sleeping. Can't wait
description

Jayme | 283 comments Judy wrote: "this is on my TBR list so i may join you ladies!!"

That would be awesome! Can't wait to discuss with everyone :)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 1-5:
(view spoiler)

I probably won't get back to reading this until Monday because of Easter this weekend, but I definitely look forward to reading more! :)

message 10: by Christine (last edited Apr 02, 2018 09:02AM) (new) - added it

Christine | 860 comments Chapter1-10 (view spoiler)
Chapter 11-18 (view spoiler)
Chapter 19-30 (view spoiler)
Finished (view spoiler)

message 11: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine | 860 comments Jayme wrote: "Chapters 1-5:
Nellie seems nice enough and that breathing on the phone call was super creepy.
Vanessa doesn't seem too bad either. She just seems to be insecure and a bit obsessive.
Richard is the..."

Agreed. (view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 5-10:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Christine wrote: "Jayme wrote: "Chapters 1-5:"
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Jayme (last edited Apr 11, 2018 12:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 11-18:
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine | 860 comments Jayme wrote: "Chapters 11-18:
I knew it! I had a feeling that Vanessa and Nellie were the same person! I knew that they were too similar, with little details scattered here and there that were too close to each ..."

Wow! You totally got it. I wasn't actually expecting the twist. (view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Christine wrote: "Jayme wrote: "Chapters 11-18:"
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 19-27:
(view spoiler)
So sorry for taking such a long time to get through this book! I made the mistake of starting another buddy read shortly after this one. I've finished that one though, so I should be finishing this one soon :)

message 18: by Jayme (last edited Apr 11, 2018 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 28-30:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Finished:
(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84079 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting February 21st 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Linaria | 2190 comments Just started this now!

Linaria | 2190 comments This was pretty messed up, especially when you realize the trick to the narration.

Linaria | 2190 comments Christine wrote: "Jayme wrote: "Chapters 11-18:
I knew it! I had a feeling that Vanessa and Nellie were the same person! I knew that they were too similar, with little details scattered here and there that were too ..."

Yeah, that threw me too.

Linaria | 2190 comments Jayme wrote: "Chapters 28-30:
Spoilers removed.

Yeah, this is so messed up. Stuff with animals gets me.

Linaria | 2190 comments Jayme wrote: "Finished:
[spoilers removed]"

Since you liked this book, definitely check out the authors' other book, it's just as twisty and messed up.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84079 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting July 10th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments Woot, the my hold is available! I'll pick it up this afternoon.

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments 12%
(view spoiler)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Ch. 11
(view spoiler)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments 66%
(view spoiler)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments Only a few pages in but already enjoying it!

message 33: by Krystal (last edited Jul 25, 2019 05:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments Up to chapter 10. So far I really like this book. I don't know why it's taking me so long. Honestly probably because I got the physical book instead of the ebook.(view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments Up to chapter 18.

WHAT?!!!?!?!?!??!?!? (view spoiler)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Krystal wrote: "Up to chapter 18.

WHAT?!!!?!?!?!??!?!? [spoilers removed]"

Right?!!!

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments Up to chapter 30. (view spoiler)

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments Irene wrote: "66%
[spoilers removed]"

YES! If anything, I hope this is the one thing that is resolved, hopefully happily!

Krystal Ayers | 4313 comments Finished. (view spoiler)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47355 comments Mod

Date changed. Restarting February 22nd 2020. Happy Reading ☺

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Thanks Maddie for making this thread. I appreciate it :)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47355 comments Mod
No worries Aly <3

So I DNFed this XD 45% in and I still found nothing had happened and I was ultra confused. (view spoiler)