Camp Half-Blood | RP discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
[ ARCHIVE ] > kowen + aurelie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((please tell me I spelled her name right??!?))

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments ((you did : ) ))

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((ok lol good, do you want to start or should I???))

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments ((you can start ))

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((kk I have to go in about 20mins so lets get as far as we can))
Kowen surveyed the camp from the top of the hill, waiting for Aurelie to finish packing and meet up with him so they could leave. Next to him were the two pegasi that they would be riding. They nudged him with their noses, seeming to say, "can we go already?" he patted one of their noses, "We'll go soon I promise."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments ((Okay!)) Aurelie finished stowing her plants in her backpack and added a few hunting knives and herbal creams as a second thought. She'd always wanted to go on a quest but she had thought she would be going with someone she actually knew. Not that she had anything against Kowen, but he didn't seem a very trust worthy partner. She jogged out of her cabin and sprinted to the edge of camp where Kowen was, backpack banging against her back. It was only then that she realized neither might come back again. "Okay," she muttered. She turned to Kowen. "You ready?"

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments "Yeah I think so," he turned to her, "are you?" He mounted one of the pegasi carefully so he didn't hit his wings accidentally. This was his first quest and he was excited, even if he was going with someone as uptight as Aurelie. He settled himself on the pegasus and looked down at her, "what are you waiting for?"

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Uh, wait..we have to ride those? I love riding pegasi but you realize yours really doesn't like you...it might buck you off during the ride...You might want to tie yourself on." Aurelie mounted the other pegasus and wrapped her arms around it. "Sorry I've been kinda... er, cranky. I just learned that my father in the asylum killed himself. It doesn't really put me in the best mood. Anyway..." Aurelie tightened her hold on the pegasus as it began to beat it's wings.

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((I have to go byeeeee))

message 11: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments "I don't know why he wouldn't like me, we've been friends for a year or two. Maybe somethings wrong?" He patted his pegasus as they rose into the air. "I'm sorry to hear about your dad, were you close?" He winced, "you don't have to talk about it if you want."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "N-" Aurelie began to say no, but paused. "I suppose yes, before he went mad. I was five when he went to the asylum." She dug out a protein bar from the pocket of her sweatshirt and began to eat it. "How long are we riding the pegasi? I'd rather not fall to my death while taking a nap. It's not exactly on my to-do list."

message 13: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments "It really sucks that you have to deal with that, I don't know what I would do if that happened to me." He looked at the watch on his wrist and said, "it should be a little less than an hour, the hydra is in a little town in Maryland. I don't remember what it was called." She looked really tired, which was kind of worrying. "We're staying in a hotel tonight after we locate the hydra. We'll deal with it tomorrow."

message 14: by cauliflower broccoli banana spinach (last edited Mar 23, 2018 01:25PM) (new)

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Okay." Aurelie said, and rubbed her eyes warily. For a moment she stared at the sky, wondering what in the world would happen when they met the hydra. "You want a protein bar? I have a ton of extras." She smiled and held up her backpack.

message 15: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments "Sure, why not," he caught the bar as it spun toward him and opened it with care so he wouldn't drop it. It was really good, a type he hadn't had before. "So, tell me something about yourself, other than the fact that you don't trust Hermes kids and you deal with a lot of plant curses."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Well...I like face painting. You probably got that from the green on my face a while ago, though, so I'll give you another fact." Aurelie was quiet for a moment as she thought. She honestly didn't think she would be able to list something else remotely interesting. "Uh, I don't like brushing my hair, and I have an older sister who's like a mom to me. She can still be a jerk, but I love her." She grinned. "Your turn."

message 17: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen thought for a moment, "Umm, well, I really like magic and illusions, I used to put on shows for my mom and step dad. I got really good at it but when I discovered that I could actually do magic it wasn't as fun because I felt like I was cheating." He sat for a few minutes, lost in thought. "Face painting is pretty cool, you should show me how you do it sometime. I'll try not to prank you but no promises, sometimes I actually can't control it."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Isn't that...a little creepy? I mean, that you can't control that part of your power. I hate that feeling, not being in control. What if someday one of your little harmless pranks really hurts someone?" Aurelie glanced upwards for a moment into the grey-blue of the sky. She wondered how long their quest would take. The oracle hadn't been particularly clear about the details, although she knew they had to fight a hydra somewhere in the process. Or was it because the hydra was terrorizing somewhere and they had to stop it? She couldn't remember. Aurelie shook the thought off and glanced toward Kowen, awaiting his answer.

message 19: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen looked down and winced, now she thought he was creepy. "I usually am able to keep it under control, and the few times I have lost control I haven't done any real harm to anyone." He ran his hands through his hair and watched for Aurelie's reaction.

((oh my gosh sorry I got distracted))

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments ((It's fine : ) ))

Aurelie nodded as if she understood. Now that she thought about it, his power wasn't exactly creepy, but she could think of multiple circumstances where it could do lots of damage without him realizing it. She started munching on another protein bar, and patted her pegasus on the head. "Wait, I have a better idea to get to know each other. 3 truths and a lie. I remember playing this with my sister when I was younger." Aurelie paused, and glanced at Kowen. "We don't need to, though. Just an idea."

message 21: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen looked at her, "sure, we can play, but you'll have to start it I'm not very good at these games." He watched the ground below him fly past in blurry lines, once again lost in thought.

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Okay." Aurelie paused to think, then nodded. "Number one: When I was 7, I found a tadpole in a creek and brought it home with me. My sister flushed it down the toilet because we didn't have enough money to properly take care of it. Number two: I have synesthesia. Number three: I'm vegan. Number four: I'm allergic to cats. Now you try to guess which ones are true and which one is a lie."

message 23: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen thought for a moment before laughing, "I have no clue. Let's see, you're eating protein bars so you could be a vegan. I know you have a sister who you said is sometimes a jerk so the tadpole thing is believable. I can't eliminate the other two so I'm just gonna guess," he paused, considering. "Um...being allergic to cats is your lie?"

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Nope. I'm vegetarian, not vegan." Aurelie said with a laugh. "Okay, your turn. Tell me three truths and a lie."

((this should probably be the last one so they can arrive to fight the hydra soon))

message 25: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((ok lol I wasn't sure how long you wanted this to be, in my other quests the lengths have varied))

"Agh," Kowen threw his head back in frustration, "so close!" He laughed, "Ok lets see," he paused, thinking, "I love running, I have 5 siblings, uhhh I hate oranges, and I can't smell."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Let's see...well, I'm guessing that you hate oranges is a lie. I have absolutely no proof, but you seem like you'd be a jock, and it'd be too obvious if you put some huge lie in there, so not being able to smell is probably true." Aurelie curled a few strands of her pegasus's mane in her fingers thoughtfully. She glanced up at Kowen. "Am I right?"

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments ((sorry I wasn't on here for a while))

message 28: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((its totally 100% fine lol))

message 29: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen laughed, "yeah you're right, you are a lot more perceptive then I am." He looked at the horizon and noticed a plume of smoke rising to meet the sky. "That's probably where we're headed."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Finally!" Aurelie muttered, stretching her stiff shoulders. "We're just fighting a hydra...right?" She was a bit nervous. This was her first quest, and that alone without the fact that she only had one other teammate was scaring her. She glanced down warily as their pegasi began to fly lower in the air. After a moment of thinking, she packed away her protein bars and got out her dagger and a few other necessities.

message 31: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments "Yeah it's just a hydra and a small one at that, no need to worry." He smiled at her and followed her example, readying his weapons for the fight. When the pegasi landed he jumped down and checked out his surroundings, looking for immediate danger.

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments Aurelie hopped off her pegasus, landing in a fast walk. She paused to see where the pegasi where going, but they were already gone. She had to assume they were staying somewhere safe but close. Before heading toward the danger, she tied her hair into a tight ponytail. "There. Now it won't get in my way," she muttered to herself. Aurelie glanced around, checking for areas with large amounts of plants in case she needed it. She spotted some good grass for choking, and a large tree with thick trunks that could probably crush someones skull. She smiled to herself and headed after Kowen. She was ready.

message 33: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((I am a terrible person feel free to yell at me when I forget about this lol I'll post once but then I have to go take a shower and go to bed I have school tomorrow))

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments ((It's fine! : ) You're in a lot of role plays so you've been busy. If you forgot, that's also okay. Don't worry about it.))

message 35: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((lol you can remind me too, I hate leaving people hanging but thanks for being understanding))

Kowen stayed low to the ground as he came close to the plume of smoke that was rising into the air. He had a number of throwing knives on him. as well as two swords. Anticipation for the coming battle coursed through his veins. He glanced at Aurelie, unsure if she was up to the task, but when he saw her determined look the worry melted away. "Here goes nothing," he said.

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments Aurelie flexed her fingers and followed Kowen. She tried to walk softly to not alert the hydra of their presence, but she wasn't sure if it'd already noticed. "Right..." She held her dagger in her left hand, and her right was empty for controlling plants. She sighed, and walked into the building.

((the hydra is in a building right now, right? or is it in the middle of multiple buildings? i'll edit if i'm wrong))

message 37: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments ((sure why not lol))
When Kowen entered the building he stayed close to the wall. he couldn't see the hydra but it definitely smelled weird inside. He walked around a corner and fought a gasp. He took a step back and pressed himself to the wall. "Aurelie, it's...it's torturing people."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments Aurelie peered around the wall. Kowen was right; the hydra was torturing people. She couldn't see all the bodies, but at the moment the hydra was slowly biting off the limbs of a woman, but leaving her alive. It was horrifying. Aurelie simmered in anger, then stepped out and threw her dagger at the head that was biting her.

message 39: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen yelled, "NO!" but the dagger had already cut off the head of the hydra. Instantly it grew two heads from the end of the severed neck. He pushed Aurelie behind a crate, "you can't cut off the heads." He took a deep breath, "this thing must be really smart or it wouldn't be doing this to those people." He peeked around the corner at the hydra, who was now moving toward them, heads all alert. He realized that he was still holding Aurelie and stepped back, wincing. "Get ready."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Sorry, I just- I just wanted to stop it from eating that woman." Aurelie called up a tree from behind the crate, ready to fight the hydra. She peeked over the top of the crate, where the hydra was. "We need fire, right?"

message 41: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen looked at her, appreciating the fire in her eyes. "Yes we need fire but we have to wait for a second." He looked around and spotted another place where they could hide. Turning back to Aurelie, he said, "get ready," and took her hand.

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments Aurelie glanced around the box, then looked at Kowen. In her head, she counted down from five. Five...four....three...two...one... She stood up, and sprinted with Kowen at her side toward the other hiding spot.

message 43: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments As they ran he noticed two children huddled near one of the crates and he let go of Aurelie's hand. "Keep going," he said, keeping his voice down. Running to the children, he crouched down by them. They were tied up and gagged but seemed unharmed so far. "I'm here to help," he whispered. The older one, a boy, nodded and his younger brother just whimpered. Kowen cut their bonds and helped them to their feet, picking the little boy up and letting the other one run. He hurried over to Aurelie with the boys and crouched next to her, "can you, like, make some sort of simple barrier with a tree while I check on these two? We need to distract the hydra."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "Okay," Aurelie whispered. She lifted a hand and a tree sprouted out of the ground and surrounded them.

message 45: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments "Thanks," he said turning to the boys. "We have to deal with this hydra and you guys need to stay here." They had a lot of minor wounds and he gave them each half a piece of ambrosia. "What are your names?" The older boy looked at him and said, "I'm Jason and this is Caleb."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments Aurelie turned back to the boys before heading out of the wall she'd made for them. "My name's Aurelie." She turned back to the wall, and created a small doorway for Kowen and her to exit through. Preparing herself for a fight, she gripped her daggers tighter, and stepped out.

message 47: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen looked back one more time to ensure that the boys were safe before joining Aurelie. "Are you ready?" he turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile. "We just need to confuse it for a while, maybe try to tie the heads in a knot, so we can find a way to make some fire."

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments Aurelie nodded. Leaping toward the hydra, she sprouted a vine from the wall and wrapped it around two of its necks. As she ran to escape from its other heads, it managed to bite her leg. Cringing at the pain, she limped backwards, and built a wall in front of herself. "I got two of its heads!" She told Kowen.

message 49: by Arya Dröttningu (new)

Arya Dröttningu | 1748 comments Kowen stuck his tongue out at one of the heads, "can't catch me!" He sprinted away from the three enraged heads, jumping over the taught neck of one of the ones Aurelie was holding down. The heads followed him, snapping their jaws. He continued to run and jump until they were sufficiently knotted before he ran over to Aurelie. "You can let go," he said, "is your leg going to be ok or do you want to get some ambrosia from the boys?"

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | -253 comments "I-I'll be fine," Aurelie panted. "I'll have ambrosia later." The wall she'd made disappeared and she headed toward the hydra, flint and steal in her hands. Stopping a safe distance away from the creature, she struck the flint and steel together over the peelings of wood, till she had a small fire. She then added wood, and dipped a torch in the fire. "Here," she said, and handed it to Kowen. "Burn it."

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.