The History Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE > MAHENDRA'S 50 BOOKS READ IN 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Mar 20, 2018 11:09AM) (new)

Bentley | 44168 comments Mod
Mahendra, this is your thread for 2018. I have included the link to the required format thread and an example. If you had a 2017 thread - it will be archived so when you get the opportunity move over your completed books and formats to the 2018 thread - but we will allow time for you to do that.

Please follow the standard required format below - I hope you enjoy your reading in 2018. Here is also a link for assistance with the required guidelines:

Link:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Our Required Format:

JANUARY

1. My Early Life, 1874-1904 by Winston S. Churchill by Winston S. Churchill Winston S. Churchill
Finish date: January 2018
Genre: (whatever genre the book happens to be)
Rating: A
Review: You can add text from a review you have written but no links to any review elsewhere even goodreads. And that is about it. Just make sure to number consecutively and just add the months.

IMPORTANT - THE REVIEW SHOULD BE SHORT AND SWEET - THERE ARE NO LINKS OF ANY KIND IN THE BODY OF THE REVIEW ALLOWED. NONE. DO NOT REFER TO ANY OTHER BOOK IN YOUR BRIEF REVIEW. THE ONLY BOOK CITED IN YOUR REVIEW IS THE ONE YOU ARE REVIEWING - NO OTHERS. ALL LINKS TO OTHER THREADS OR REVIEWS ARE DELETED IMMEDIATELY - THERE WILL BE NO WARNING. WE CONSIDER THIS SELF PROMOTION AND IT IS NOT ALLOWED AND IS IN VIOLATION OF OUR RULES AND GUIDELINES.

message 2: by Mahendra (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 24 comments Talkative Man by R.K. Narayan by R.K. Narayan R.K. Narayan
Finish date: January 25th 2018
Genre: Fiction
Review: very nice narration and i have liked the novel entirely.

message 3: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Mar 21, 2018 06:10AM) (new)

Mahendra - not bad but you must put the month in caps and bold over the first book of any month where you have completed a book and you must number the books. Let me show you how you can edit the above.

JANUARY

1. Talkative Man by R.K. Narayan by R.K. Narayan R.K. Narayan
Finish date: January 25th 2018
Genre: Fiction
Review: Very nice narration and I have liked the novel entirely.

message 4: by Mahendra (last edited May 02, 2018 12:40AM) (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 24 comments APRIL

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen by Jane Austen Jane Austen
Finish Date : April 23 2018
Genre : Classics/ Fiction/ Romance
Rating : A++

Review : first i had seen this novel as one of must reads of all time , i have downloaded it for free in amazon kindle then started reading , at first i had struggled to understand her writing and actual inner meaning of every sentence Ironical then started enjoying it , totally loved the novel till the end, especially loved Elizabeth and the conversation between her and Lady Catherine.
"don't prejudice against anyone without a valid reason " i think i have learn this .

message 5: by Rohit (last edited Apr 26, 2018 05:06AM) (new)

Rohit (rohitraut) | 78 comments Mahendra - good to see you reading RK Narayan's book. I havent read any of his books yet, but i remember watching the TV seriel based on his book 'Malgudi days' in the late 90s on doordarshan.

I think you forgot to read the moderator's above post in which he has told you to number the books and to edit your previous post by adding the month 'January'.

message 6: by Rohit (new)

Rohit (rohitraut) | 78 comments Make it bold, also edit your first post. If you are doing something, do it properly and perfectly.

message 7: by Mahendra (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 24 comments Rohit wrote: "Make it bold, also edit your first post. If you are doing something, do it properly and perfectly."

thanks for your kind suggestion

message 8: by Vicki, Assisting Moderator - Ancient Roman History (new)

Vicki Cline | 3822 comments Mod
Mahendra, very good start, but in message 4 you don't need both the book cover and title link.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen by Jane Austen Jane Austen

message 9: by Mahendra (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 24 comments Vicki wrote: "Mahendra, very good start, but in message 4 you don't need both the book cover and title link.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen by Jane Austen Jane Austen"

thanks Vicki, edited post , removed book link

message 10: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Hello - in message 4 you do not need a blank line between the Rating and the Review line. Check the format in message one for assistance.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.