Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > New Book in a Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Peterson | 19 comments Afternoon! I have a new book out - it's the 3rd in a trilogy. You assisted in helping me connect books 1&2, so I am asking if you can help me connect the third to my profile? The ISBN#: 978-1-63236-143-5, title: ANGELS AMONG US.
Thank you so much for your help!
C.J. Peterson :)

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Added to your series page here:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1095...

Also, I adjusted the titles to be consistent with Goodreads standards.

And lastly, your new book has an invalid ISBN. Can you doublecheck that you've entered it correctly? Also, what format is associated with that ISBN? Is it a paperback, an ebook...?

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments nm, found the right ISBN on Amazon. it was already on Goodreads but under the wrong profile. I merged them, as well as bringing over the kindle edition.

You might keep an eye on the following profile:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Because Goodreads uses extra spaces to disambiguate authors with otherwise identical names, but other databases don't, your books will occasionally be imported to the default, one-space profile above. Your claimed profile, however, is C.J.^^Peterson, with an extra space. So to link your books to your profile, a librarian has to manually edit the records on the one-space profile to move them over (which is what I had to do). If you keep an eye on it, you won't end up making redundant records in the future, all you'll have to do is post here to have a librarian move the record for you :)

message 4: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Peterson | 19 comments Awesome! thank you so much! I appreciate your help :-)

message 5: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Peterson | 19 comments so, if I take the extra space out, am I following you that they should default to my profile?

message 6: by Z-squared (last edited Jul 25, 2014 12:33PM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments If you take out the extra space, the books will be moved to the default, one-space profile that is NOT the one you own. So don't do that! :)

message 7: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Peterson | 19 comments Got it. So, leave it and let y'all know when a new one comes out :-)
Thank you so much for your help!