Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

AUTHORS' CORNER > Good book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Buxton (buxtonm) | 10 comments I was on a panel recently to choose the Cybils Award for best middle grade speculative fiction book of 2017. Our winner was The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart. I usually read more adventurous and mysterious books, but this was my favorite of the seven finalists. You can see past winners and finalists in all kinds of categories and age ranges at cybils.com.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Mark. I was unaware of the Cybils Awards. The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart sounds exactly like my kind of book. If you're interested, I'd like to send you a copy of my first book, The Abode. No expectations. You can check it out on Amazon and let me know whether you would like to read it: The Abode, by Patricia Mather Parker. The Abode by Patricia Mather Parker

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark Buxton (buxtonm) | 10 comments Thanks, Patricia. Your book sounds interesting, and I’d be happy to check it out.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Mark wrote: "Thanks, Patricia. Your book sounds interesting, and I’d be happy to check it out."

Great. How would you like me to send it? Is this reply private? If so, you can send me your info here. Or you can private message me on my Goodreads page: Patricia Mather Parker. I can send you a Kindle copy or a paperback.

message 5: by Jemima (last edited Mar 21, 2018 02:48PM) (new)

Jemima Pett | 1299 comments Mod
Moderators note: this post about the Cybil awards was originally posted in General Discussions, which was a reasonable place for it. However because it is now talking about author's own books, it has to go into the Authors Corner.

Reminder to authors: you may not talk directly about your own books anywhere other than Authors Corners, Giveaways and Discounts, and Read 4 Review.

Thanks for respecting the rules of the forum.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I am so sorry if I've broken the rules. I have tried very hard to do everything correctly on Goodreads. When I replied to Mark's message, I went to his Goodreads page and thought I was privately messaging Mark. It won't happen again.

message 7: by Jemima (new)

Jemima Pett | 1299 comments Mod
Patricia wrote: "I am so sorry if I've broken the rules. I have tried very hard to do everything correctly on Goodreads. When I replied to Mark's message, I went to his Goodreads page and thought I was privately me..."

That's okay. It can be very confusing. But it also opened the door for other people to contact him, so best moved here for that.

If you're trying to message someone, check what it says at the top of the page - if it says something like 'Great Middle Grade Reads discussion' you're in the group. You usually have to sign in to send a message or check your own messages; and you need to specifically put the recipient name in a box - like you do on an email.

Hope your book does well.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Jemima. I'll print out this reply so I can remember what I'm doing in the future. 😙You're very kind to write back. All the best to you and thank you for doing this job for all of us.