Page Turners at HealthPartners discussion

Feb-March: The Rosie Project > Thoughts on the Wife Project

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait K (medlibcait) | 99 comments Rosie says the following about Don's Wife Project: "I think it's wrong, but you're no different from every other man I know in objectifying women - just more honest about it." (p 129) What do you think about what Rosie says?

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 12 comments Admittedly, I've been out of the dating scene for a few decades, but I think men and women both do this to some extent when looking for someone. Most of us have a general list of qualities we would like in a partner and try to find someone who fits those qualities. Granted, we don't have to write it down in an application form like Don. I think Rosie eventually realized that Don was not objectifying her as much as he was making something that is inherently uncomfortable (dating), more scientific, and therefore more comfortable to him. What about dating apps? I was thinking as I read the book that dating apps are a lot like what Don is doing - you read a list of interests/qualities of someone, look at their picture, and make fairly quick judgments based on what amounts to an "application".