Shut Up & Read discussion

All the Crooked Saints
This topic is about All the Crooked Saints
Archives- Buddy Reads > All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leigh | 15212 comments Mod
We will start Thursday. Everyone is welcome to join.

message 2: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheri | 12209 comments Mod
I can't wait! I love Maggie's writing.

message 3: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

I do, too!

message 4: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

I started. Not sure about this one. Maybe iit is because I just left Fever world or the subject matter is just out there, I not really feeling this one. I will give it a chance. Hopefully it gets better soon.

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh no! Hopefully it gets better for you. It's hard moving on after the Fever world, lol.

message 6: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Have you started it?

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just started

message 8: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

So far so good. I like it. The guy narrating sounds like he should be a vampire with his accent , lol. I’m not sure what chapter I’m on, the girl is just delivering the note.

message 9: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

It is growing on me. It sucks if you live in this town. You really can't interact with anyone that travels to the town because you might end up receiving something you won't like. Even the people coming to receive a miracle don't necessarily get what they want.

message 10: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

I finish. I'm disappointed. I usually love her books but this one was just ok. The only reason I finished it was because we started together. The characters were likable but I never really felt anything for them.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments I too love her writing and have just ordered this book, I guess I should have got the Raven boys instead.

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm sorry, Tammy. I wanted to love it since I loved the Raven boys, I just didn't. Can you return it and get the Raven boys? Some people loved it. It just wasn't for me. I may have liked it more if I hadn't just finished High Voltage (Fever, #10) by Karen Marie Moning .

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I finish. I'm disappointed. I usually love her books but this one was just ok. The only reason I finished it was because we started together. The characters were likable but I never really felt any..."

I like it but I'm not sure I'm completely in love with it yet, either. I'm about halfway through. I think when you love an author's books you go into it with a certain expectation, and it's hard then when it's different than you expect. I might try reading it instead of listening and see if that makes a difference.

message 14: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

The miracles are interesting. The ways the darkness comes out are scary!

message 15: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sheri, I did find that interesting, too. Not sure if I would want a miracle...they don't always turn out well.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Leigh wrote: "I'm sorry, Tammy. I wanted to love it since I loved the Raven boys, I just didn't. Can you return it and get the Raven boys? Some people loved it. It just wasn't for me. I may have liked it more if..."

Probably, but I'll just buy the Raven boys series eventually...there is just too much on my tbr list.

message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

I have the same problem but I can't seem to stop buying new books. I guess that is what the challenges are for.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1350 comments Absolutely!!

message 19: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sheri, have you finished? When do you want to start Lake Silence?

message 20: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm still working on this one. Should be able to finish by tomorrow.

message 21: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Just let me know when you want to start. I have moved on to Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine .

message 22: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "Just let me know when you want to start. I have moved on to Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine."

I'll let you know. Let me know how the rest of that series is. I might pick it back up later.

message 23: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

I sure will. I'm trying to finish series I have started. I keep starting them and not finishing. My list of series keeps getting longer just like my TBR list.

message 24: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Mar 27, 2018 06:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh wrote: "I sure will. I'm trying to finish series I have started. I keep starting them and not finishing. My list of series keeps getting longer just like my TBR list."

I know, I need to go through all the series I've started and see what needs to be finished. There's another Psy/Changling book out that I haven't read yet.

I'll be finished with this one tonight, so we can start Lake Silence whenever you'r finished with what you've got going right now.

message 25: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

The darkness that miracles bring out seem to be whatever the people fear most...(view spoiler)

This one is growing on me, but still not my favorite of hers lol. I like the romance between Pete and Beatrice...It's sweet :)

message 26: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sheri wrote: "The darkness that miracles bring out seem to be whatever the people fear most...[spoilers removed]

This one is growing on me, but still not my favorite of hers lol. I like the romance between Pete..."

True. Some of the issues the Pilgrims had instead of looking for a miracle they could have solved themselves.

message 27: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pete & Beatrice's relationship was what I enjoyed the most.

message 28: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished. We can start Lake Silence whenever.

message 29: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

Do you want to start tomorrow?

message 30: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yep that works

message 31: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new) - rated it 3 stars

I can't wait!