Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > completed humorous contemporary romance (87k)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new)

Monica Cardoza I'm the author of three traditionally published nonfiction books who has just completed her first novel, "How to Hit Back"--perfect reading for those who liked "Lift and Separate," "Tips for Living," and "Digging In."

After her husband has her falsely arrested for assaulting him, Maisy Trusty is sentenced to a batterer intervention program where her angry outbursts prompt her counselor to suggest she release some of it at the local karate school. Maisy jumps in with both bare feet and is soon teaching a women’s beginner class and dating a red-hot green belt. When her students are linked to attacks against local street harassers, Maisy's arrest is made public and she's fired. When she fails to fight for her class, her students teach her a lesson about how women fight back.

Feel free to read as little or as much as you want. I'm looking for honest feedback in the vein of "I wouldn't keep reading this" or "I like/don't like it because..."

Thanks so much.

message 2: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 223 comments I am reading for two other authors right now, as well as revising the final draft of my own novel, but your story sounds interesting. If you're not on a strict deadline in terms of getting feedback, I'd be willing to give it a try.

It would usually take me about 2.5 weeks to read & comment on a full novel of that length, so I probably could have it back to you in 3-4 weeks given my other reading commitments. Or, if you'd prefer to send me just the opening chapters, I could get you feedback on that sooner, and then continue reading for you if my feedback is helpful/we're compatible.

Email: thegreenheron1980 *@* gmail.com.