The Book Was Better discussion

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
This topic is about Delirium
BOOKS ON SCREEN > Delirium

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (last edited Jul 24, 2014 11:13AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sara Hamzeh | 9 comments when i read that the pilot wasn't picked up I was disappointed but then i actually saw the pilot and i was relieved (That it didn't get picked up). does anyone else agree?

message 2: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Ambrose (Ambrose2014) | 31 comments Hulu just took it down!! ;/ I was really looking forward to checking it out. It so deserves to be made into a movie or series - more than 99% of the stuff out there.

Sara Hamzeh | 9 comments I'll link you to where I watched it

message 5: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Ambrose (Ambrose2014) | 31 comments Oh, thank you! Now I have my evening entertainment lined up. :)

I noticed it hasn't been getting very favorable reviews, but I choose to be optimistic.

message 6: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam | 606 comments I think this could be a real interesting tv show if done right. Just hope they dont make it a teen heart throb movie. More action I say :)

message 7: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Ambrose (Ambrose2014) | 31 comments I wonder what I would've thought of it if I hadn't read the book. It was like one of those "time-lapse" photography videos: everything unfolded at hyperlight speed (or maybe it might've been a Reader's Digest Condensed version of the novel?).

That said, I found it hard to pinpoint where it went wrong (if indeed it did). I didn't hate it, that's for sure. I guess it depends where they take it from here. The accelerated/outline version isn't as bad as it would be for more character-driven movies/shows, since Delirium is heavily thought-experiment based, in my opinion. What makes it unique is its "high concept" idea, not the teenage love story, which to me was okay at best.

message 8: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Lingenfelter (StephanieLingenfelter) I didn't know this was made into a show...

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary | 4 comments Me neither. i still have to read the book is it good?

message 10: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Lingenfelter (StephanieLingenfelter) Mary wrote: "Me neither. i still have to read the book is it good?"

I liked it. It's not as good as Divergent or Hunger Games, but the plot of the story is awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

pearl. (pearl007) I agree with Stephanie. It's not as good as other popular dystopians, but it's a good read. The pilot was decent. Emma Roberts was super cute in it.

message 12: by Jade (new)

Jade Stone | 3 comments it's too sad, I cried with the end of the first book

message 13: by Trisha (new) - added it

Trisha Ann (thebookgasm) OMG this airs in tv?! i have no idea! I seriously have a lot of catching up on my tv list aside from burying myself on books. Are the characters good? :)

pearl. (pearl007) Trisha Ann: There was a pilot, but it wasn't picked up by any networks. Hulu streamed it for a bit, but they've since taken the pilot off their website. We'll see if they ever try to redo it or make it into a movie instead.

Perksofbeingnerdy | 20 comments I think it would make an amazing movie. I loved the book. However I didn't love the rest of the trilogy.