Bookworms Anonymous discussion

Group Bulletin! > Chat Corner

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Come and chat with other members about the weather, work and family etc.

message 2: by Jenny (last edited Mar 20, 2018 06:35AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hi everyone - click on the following link to let me know your suggestions for April BOTM.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I am sad today. Summer is final gone, and the cold weather is upon us. However, I am looking forward to beautiful days reading next to the heater.

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise (cat_pleasures) | 143 comments Mod
I hit a block in my writing, so I have almost completed The Alienist. Only a couple of chapters to go. I am going to have to read a book in between The Alienist and the book of the month. Anyone have a shortish book for me? I love mysteries and hate romance.

Veronica ⭐️ | 34 comments The Woman in the Window isn’t a short read Denise but it’s a fast read. I read it in a day.

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise reading one of Kerry Greenwood's Miss Phryne Fisher Mysteries. They are Cozy Mysteries.

Book one is:

Flying Too High (Phryne Fisher, #2) by Kerry Greenwood
Flying Too High by Kerry Greenwood

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) It is looking like April's BOTM will be moderators choices only. All genres are welcome, so come on and let me know what you like to read. Voting will start on Sunday.

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Voting is open for April BOTM :

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter Holidays. Do not eat too many chocolates.

Happy Easter

message 10: by Denise (new)

Jenny wrote: "I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter Holidays. Do not eat too many chocolates.

What a time for me to give up chocolate
"

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I tried - too hard.

message 12: by Denise (new)

Have you finish The Alienist yet? The book was so much different than the program. I loved both and hope that they make a series of it!

message 13: by Jenny (last edited Mar 31, 2018 10:46PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "Have you finish The Alienist yet? The book was so much different than the program. I loved both and hope that they make a series of it!"

Nearly finished it. I loved it.

message 14: by Jenny (last edited Mar 31, 2018 11:19PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) May BOTM is open. Please add your suggestions by clicking on the following link. All genres are welcome.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 15: by Denise (new)

I couldn’t make up my mind which book I wanted to read, so I’m reading A Reliable Wife and listening to Mr. Murder. I just got through reading the first 30 pages of A Reliable Wife, in which there is no dialogue. I’m used to having the event, or action within the first 3 -5 pages. The author has decided to introduce the characters in specific detail. As I said, I’m not used to it. I was tempted to put it down after the first chapter, but as I wouldn’t want any of my future readers to give up on me that early in the book, so too I’ve decided to push on.

message 16: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Denise wrote: "I couldn’t make up my mind which book I wanted to read, so I’m reading A Reliable Wife and listening to Mr. Murder. I just got through reading the first 30 pages of A Reliable Wife, in which there ..."

I agree with you Denise I am having trouble getting into Reliable Wife. I am not sure why. However, by the time I am finished, I might have worked it out. I have not started to read Mr Murder.

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Has anyone got suggestions about books that you love the group to read? All genres are welcome. Denise and I would like to hear from you.