UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Books becoming 'unavailable' on Amazon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments It's mainly paperbacks rather than ebooks but Amazon is up to its tricks again :-(

http://writersweekly.com/ask-the-expe...

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1707 comments Yikes! Does this mean it's not a good idea to go with Amazon's Print on Demand?

I keep wavering between A pod and Createspace (which might close).

Help!

message 3: by Jacquelynn (last edited Mar 20, 2018 06:03AM) (new)

Jacquelynn Luben (jackieluben) | 278 comments Thank you for mentioning this, Jim. I am part of a small co-operative publishing group, and we have approximately 20 books in print. None of of our books are printed by Amazon. Two of our most recently published books (paperback) are showing as 'unavailable', and attempts to get these updated have so far failed. They also don't show prices. We are so far at a loss to know what to do.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "Yikes! Does this mean it's not a good idea to go with Amazon's Print on Demand?

I keep wavering between A pod and Createspace (which might close).

Help!"

I assume if you go through Amazon they'll deliver, if you have the audacity not to put your money into the great 'zon's coffers, then you can rot in the dark with the rest of the heretics :-(

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments Jacquelynn wrote: "Thank you for mentioning this, Jim. I am part of a small co-operative publishing group, and we have approximately 20 books in print. None of of our books are printed by Amazon. Two of our most rece..."

the article does mention the route they use, I've just tried going through the page where there's a link to report incorrect product information
Whether anything will happen I don't know :-(

message 6: by Jacquelynn (new)

Jacquelynn Luben (jackieluben) | 278 comments I'll have a detailed read of the article. But we have tried reporting incorrect product information several times. Best of luck with yours.

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21943 comments I don't hold out much hope to be honest
Amazon are on the same level as Facebook with Cambridge Analytica
They think they're too important for the rules to apply to them