Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Need help updating book cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (last edited Mar 20, 2018 05:42AM) (new)

Tom Sadira (tsadira) | 12 comments Hello!

I'm a debut author who added my book here on Goodreads last week. At the time I was able to add a cover image without any problem.

Since then, my designer made a minor, but important, correction on the cover image. I seem to have access to 'Edit Details' for my book, but I can't figure out how to swap out the old image with the new. I added the new cover image as an 'additional image' while editing my book.

Any help or guidance? I'd like to use the image I uploaded as an "additional image". The book is https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thanks for any help you can offer! I love Goodreads and the community here! Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom Sadira

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21363 comments Have any advance copies gone out with the original cover?

Also, that section of the book page is not for cover photos. It's better to put it in with your own site photos.

message 3: by Tom (last edited Mar 20, 2018 08:14AM) (new)

Tom Sadira (tsadira) | 12 comments Hi Scott,

The cover has been updated in all other places: Amazon, etc. All advance copies use the updated cover.

I understand that the additional images section wasn't for covers, but I was curious whether adding it there first might unlock the option for me to set it as the cover image. Also, it's a simple way of making it available to anyone here who can help.

Thanks!

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21363 comments Ok, I have switched out the cover/

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom Sadira (tsadira) | 12 comments Whoa, that was fast and easy. Thanks so much, Scott!