Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > 2018 April Word Hunt

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Mar 20, 2018 01:15PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

0-3 words : better luck next time
3-5 words : warming up
6-8 words : getting hotter
9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!

April
bud
chocolate
egg
festival
freight
green
nest
rabbit
relevant
once

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

cocoa
goal
relent
scrambled
tan

To prove that you have found the word, please quote the page, percentage or LOC (Kindle) and include the sentence in which it appears.

Audiobooks are allowed so long as you can quote the page/%/LOC and the sentence. (Eg Using whispersync or finding that sentence in some other way.)

You must find the actual word or the word's root word must be at the core with the meaning essentially remaining the same ~ just turned into a noun, adjective, adverb etc. No prefixes or hyphenated extensions. An extension is allowed where it is often the accepted spelling eg goodbye or good-bye.

Where a word has more than one meaning, either meaning may be used. Eg coast (beachfront) or coast (moving without effort) etc

Please post all entries, updates, final posts and questions in this thread.

Examples for 'Reversal'
Reverse - Laser Visions √ 15 May
p50-51 : There were a couple of bands Tam had that this person didn't, but none in the reverse.

Reversing - Sunset √ 10 Jul
p204 : Reversing his grip on his katana, he held it out to Nick.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Example post:

Word Hunt - January
1 Jan - 31 Jan 2015

Word found: 10/10
Book completed: 7

Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
bowl
Undertow √ 4 Jan
bartender, king, mourning
Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
champagne, molasses
Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
diary
Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
blood
Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
grandmother
Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
dreamed

1. BARTENDER - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p113 - (Which was Sunday and Monday - Saturday was a busy night on the bartender/club scene.
2. CHAMPAGNE - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p180-181 - The doorman greeted him inside the foyer and waved his past - no need to check the guest list for his name - and he grabbed a glass of champagne from a tray and looked around.
3. BOWL Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
p11 - "Another hippy bloke selling hand-turned bowls and crap like that."
4. KING - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p48 - Roan was the king of the jungle, and he should have no problem subduing cats; it was shat he did, sometimes without intention.
5. DREAM - Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
LOC 756: I'd never have dreamed just holding a person's hand could be such a turn on.
6. MOURN - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p262 - Because, come to think about it, you could confuse remorse for mourning, especially in a naturally depressed person.
7. GRANDMOTHER - Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
p98-99 - "... He put your grandmother on a pedestal until the day she died. ..."
8. DIARY - Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
p231 - Alexi took the diary, opened it, and held it in front of my eyes.
9. MOLASSES - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p217 - "You move like molasses, my pet."
10. BLOOD - Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
p46-47: Lee shivered, overwhelmed by the attraction simmering in his blood.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Tips for finding words - courtesy of Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔

Using Google books:
~Go here https://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&...
~Type in the name of your book
~Select your book
~On the left about midway down there will be a search bar, type your word in there.

Couple of things you need to know...
~you need to check every variety of the word you want so, let's say GROUP doesn't show up you would also need to type in GROUPS/ED/ING
~Unfortunately, 99% of the books on Google does not list page numbers (at least in my experience)

Using Amazon:
~You search for your book
~Once on your book page make sure you are on a version that is paperback or hardcover (Kindle editions will not work)
~On the left there will be a picture of your book and it should have "Search Inside" above it
~Click on the book and the search bar will be inside

You will not need to search separately for plurals but you will still need to search separately for -ed and -ing

You can also search for words in all the books loaded on your Kindle.

On the home page, use the 'search' function.
~ type in the word and select 'search my items'.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments My spot :)

message 5: by Georgina (last edited Apr 09, 2018 01:05AM) (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 249 comments 10/10 words | 5/5 bonus | 5/5 books read

Words:
bud:
LOC 886 "She pinched the tight bud, and a groan left his lips." Addicted 9/4
chocolate: LOC 2850 "Instantly, Juliana was ten again, covered in chocolate from the cargo unloaded on the dock..." Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart 3/4
egg: p139 “A large goose egg, purple and knotted, was rising mystically on his forehead.” The Gunslinger 7/4
festival: LOC 3199 "Did you break a string of hearts on these festival evenings?" Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart 3/4
freight: p142 “There’s a shipment from the freight depot…” The Gunslinger 7/4
green: LOC 1175 “No green beans.” The Year We Fell Down 8/4
nest: LOC 1872 “... but she’d had more than three months in an empty nest.” The Year We Fell Down 8/4
rabbit: p277 “... the plucked and gutted carcass of a plump rabbit fell on the dirt.” The Gunslinger 7/4
relevant: LOC 3318 "Then I don't understand why this is relevant. Say Yes to the Marquess 5/4
once: LOC 214 “Harkness Commons had been built in the 1930s to accomodate the entire college at once.” The Year We Fell Down 8/4

Bonus:
cocoa:
LOC 3181 "A hint of cocoa." Say Yes to the Marquess 5/4
goal: LOC 3335 "If the goal was loosening her up, he'd achieved it." Say Yes to the Marquess 5/4
relent: LOC 1217 "She had to relent." Addicted 9/4
scrambled: LOC 152 "Desperation surged, propelling her into movement, and she scrambled for the near door, eager for escape." Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart 3/4
tan: LOC 1949 "And his skin still bore his summer tan."Addicted 9/4

message 6: by Rissa (last edited Apr 13, 2018 12:06PM) (new)

Rissa | 595 comments Of course, in! :)

Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018

April Finished 10/10!

bud - The Power of Peppermint - LOC 645 - "Noah watched his retreating form and knew this—whatever Travis was up to—needed to be nipped in the bud, stat." 4/2/2018

chocolate - All I Want - LOC 3450 - "He was now the proud owner of two pairs of fuzzy thermal socks and a thermal mug stuffed with hot chocolate packages, and regardless of what anyone in his former life might have thought about the gifts, Ash felt beyond blessed." 4/7/2018

egg - Junk - LOC 3212 - "An egg box filled with two decorated and two plain eggshells perched precariously on top of a wicker donkey wearing a sombrero." 4/13/2018

festival - When Forever Ended - LOC 91% - "The patrons as well as the festival crowd got drunker, adults filling the bars and teenagers roaming the cobblestone streets." 4/3/2018

freight - Scorpio Hates Virgo - LOC 31% - "She left, and the room barely fit their freight load of awkwardness." 4/5/2018

green - Scorpio Hates Virgo - LOC 86% - "After arranging a viewing with the seller, he sank his feet into green canvas sneakers and scuffed his way toward a bowl of muesli." 4/5/2018

nest - Junk - LOC 2952 - "He didn’t want to remember the tiny space surrounding his sofa, like an animal’s nest." 4/13/2018

rabbit - When Forever Ended - LOC 55% - "And once I was down that rabbit hole, I was gone." 4/3/2018

relevant - Junk - LOC 1214 - "“Like you wouldn’t believe. I started working with Carroll just to get some relevant work experience. You kind of need it even to get considered for a postgrad course. But then I loved it so much, and I couldn’t abandon my clients once I’d started working with them, so I signed up for the same part-time counselling course Carroll had done, and, well, here I am.”" 4/13/2018

once - The Power of Peppermint - LOC 741 - "“Your place, though. I don’t think either of us wants Abi under the same roof right now,” Noah said with a giggle as he kissed Jamison once more." 4/2/2018

Bonus Finished 5/5!

cocoa - The Power of Peppermint - LOC 898 - "“Sorry, kiddo. These are adults-only. But I may have crushed some up and stirred it into your cocoa,” he said with a wink." 4/2/2018

goal - Scorpio Hates Virgo - LOC 66% - "“The goal of the game is for the Survivors to get back “home”— Percy’s front porch—without being tagged by a zombie. Survivors have a two-minute head start to find hiding places before the Zombies hunt them. Another minute after that, the Cul-de-sac-ers can run out and try to protect and guide the survivors back home.”" 4/5/2018

relent - All I Want - LOC 268 - "He wove his fingers through one of the shaggier bath mats, silently willing his father to relent." 4/7/2018

scrambled - All I Want - LOC 2953 - "Pearl scrambled up from her desk, the click of her heels against the floor sounding almost frantic." 4/7/2018

tan - When Forever Ended - LOC 12% - "Brady, inheriting my dark hair and pale eyes, had a nice tan that he probably liked to show off a bit too much." 4/3/2018

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Apr 15, 2018 07:59PM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments 2018 April Word Hunt

Regular words: 10/10 found

✓ Bud: Foodies Rush In by Tanya Eby (08/04) ★★
"...hate to tell you this, bud , but I sort of don't buy all that new age..." Loc 762 of 2917

✓ Chocolate: Play Me by Katie McCoy (04/04) ★★★
"I'm going all out on chocolate chips." Loc 465 of 3338

✓ Egg: Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole (09/04) ★★★★
"....each looping pattern on the egg ..." Page 14

✓ Festival: Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh (15/04) ★★★★
"Lijuan was at a winter festival during the entire span..." Page 179

✓ Freight: Hot Single Dad by Claire Kingsley (02/04) ★★★
"I saw you come down that elevator and it was like being hit by a freight train." Page 117

✓ Green: Play Me by Katie McCoy (04/04) ★★★
"...platinum blonde hair painted sea green ." Loc 385 of 3338

✓ Nest: Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole (09/04) ★★★★
"...he puts the vase in on its side amidst a nest of bubble wrap." Page 272

✓ Rabbit: Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole (09/04) ★★★★
"Welcome back to the rabbit hole..." Page 32

✓ Relevant: Kissing Tolstoy by Penny Reid (09/04) ★★★
"...eventually asked the most relevant questions bouncing around..." Page 42

✓ Once: Hot Single Dad by Claire Kingsley (02/04) ★★★
"But once I thought about it, I realized it was perfect." Page 11

Foodies Rush In by Tanya Eby Play Me (Players, #2) by Katie McCoy Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends 3) by Claire Kingsley Kissing Tolstoy (Dear Professor, #1) by Penny Reid

Bonus words: 5/5 found
✓ Cocoa: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley (04/04) ★★★
"...I'll make cocoa and introduce you to my kids." Page 227

✓ Goal: Play Me by Katie McCoy (04/04) ★★★
"...now that you've reached your goal ..." Loc 1372 of 3338

✓ Relent: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley (04/04) ★★★
"I didn't relent to that..." Page 518

✓ Scrambled: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley (04/04) ★★★
"I scrambled to my feet as Valenzuela turned back to me." Page 537

✓ Tan: Hot Single Dad by Claire Kingsley (02/04) ★★★
"...form-fitting black pants, and tan wedge heels." Page 35

Walk Through Fire (Chaos, #4) by Kristen Ashley Play Me (Players, #2) by Katie McCoy Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends 3) by Claire Kingsley

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hi Jane,

Is it relevent with an 'a' (relevant)?

message 9: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1379 comments April already? Time flies!

I'm in, of course.

message 10: by Siobhan (last edited Apr 27, 2018 01:22PM) (new)

Siobhan Johnson | 43 comments I'm in!

bud - Take the Lead by Alexis Daria 03/04/18

LOC 1365: Gina gazed up at the budding trees.

chocolate - Moonglow by Kristen Callihan 13/04/18

page 25: Wine and chocolate.

egg Take the Lead by Alexis Daria 03/04/18

loc 596: Satisfied, Stone strode over to the egg and stepped inside.

festival - Exposed: A Romance Anthology 09/04/18

loc 2471: "Well did you? Only put it in the festival for attention?"

freight - Ruthless by Alexis Abbott 20/04/28

page 167: He's like a freight train.

green Exposed: A Romance Anthology 09/04/18

loc 1043: That seemed to be the green light Bailey had been waiting for.

nest - When a Girl Loves an Earl by Elisa Braden 19/04/18

loc 512: where she sold her possessions to accrue her "nest egg."

rabbit - Moonglow by Kristen Callihan 13/04/18

page 41: her heart was not bounding like a frightened rabbit within the cage of her ribs.

relevent The Seduction of Lady Charity by Maggi Andersen 21/04/18

loc 1607: "I don't see the relevance."

once - A Matter of Disagreement by E.E. Ottoman 15/04/18

loc 151: and he'd been enjoying himself for once

10/10

Bonus

cocoa - Ruthless by Alexis Abbott 20/04/28

page 150: His dark lashes parting to reveal his cocoa coloured eyes,

goal - Take the Lead by Alexis Daria 03/04/18

loc 4285: For three years, her goal had been to win the dance off.

relent - Exposed: A Romance Anthology 09/04/18

loc 6229: My heart smishes, and I relent.

scrambled - Moonglow by Kristen Callihan 13/04/18

page 9: Her would-be-lover scrambled back, bellowing in fear as the monster charged.

tan - When a Girl Loves an Earl by Elisa Braden 19/04/18

page 136: The carriage started over the bridge, its low, tan stone walls rolling past her window at a rather alarming rate.

5/5

message 11: by Deanna (last edited Apr 27, 2018 12:48PM) (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 86 comments 10/10 words
1/1 March carryover
5/5 bonus
1/1 March bonus carryover
1/1 February bonus carryover
1/1 January bonus carryover

Words:

bud: Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely - p. 144 - "...chocolates the likes of which my taste buds had never encountered before." - 4/6/18

chocolate: Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis - p. 168 - "'Hot chocolate?' she asked." - 4/9/18

egg: Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely - p. 195 - "One egg crepe with cheese." - 4/6/18

festival: Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh - p. 186 - "...on a sun-golden field on festival day..." - 4/1/18

freight: Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis - p. 42 - "...and he was breathing like a freight train." - 4/9/18

green: Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis - p. 3 - "Sharp green eyes were leveled on hers..." - 4/9/18

nest: Dracula by Bram Stoker - p. 329 - "...so that the nest of vipers may be obliterated." - 4/9/18

rabbit: Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh - p. 17 - "Follow me, little rabbit." - 4/1/18

relevant: Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh - p. 336 - "...Elena and Jessamy will both be able to get their hands on any relevant information." - 4/12/18

once: Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely - p. 21 - "...I try to inhale Paris all at once..." - 4/6/18

March carryover:

insecure: Magically Banished by Rachel Medhurst - loc. 134 - "My insecure little brain had assumed that he was backing away." - 4/5/18

Bonus:

cocoa: Last First Kiss by Lia Riley - loc. 1900 - "She'd used cocoa butter, drank water and popped Vitamin E like candy..." - 4/27/18

goal: Magically Banished by Rachel Medhurst - loc. 116 - "...she had finally achieved her goal." - 4/5/18

relent: Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh - p. 295 - "...but Nivriti did not relent..." - 4/12/18

scrambled: Dracula by Bram Stoker - p. 50 - "Without a pause I rushed to the east window and scrambled down the wall, as before, into the count's room." -4/9/18

tan: Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh - p. 76 - "...revealing skin of a dark, warm tan." - 4/1/18

March bonus carryover:

dynamic: Paperbacks from Hell: The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction by Grady Hendrix - p. 13 - "...compositions were dynamic." - 4/26/18

February bonus carryover:

gauntlet: Magically Banished by Rachel Medhurst - loc. 665 - "Gerard may have just laid down the gauntlet for who could be the best actor." - 4/5/18

January bonus carryover:

patrolling: Dracula by Bram Stoker - p. 159 - "He went to and fro, as if patrolling the house..." - 4/9/18

Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely Instant Attraction (Wilder, #1) by Jill Shalvis Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh Dracula by Bram Stoker Magically Banished (Hunted Witch Agency, #4) by Rachel Medhurst Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5) by Nalini Singh Paperbacks from Hell The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction by Grady Hendrix Last First Kiss (Brightwater, #1) by Lia Riley

message 12: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 595 comments Nicole wrote: "Hi Jane,

Is it relevent with an 'a' (relevant)?"

I was going to ask this same question! :)

message 13: by Chan (last edited Apr 30, 2018 04:01PM) (new)

Chan | 3281 comments I'm feeling a good round this month :o)

April Word Hunt

1. Bud - Blue-Eyed Devil | Apr 2
Page 216: The nipple budded almost painfully

2. Chocolate - Complicate Me | Apr 14
Page 120: Chocolate with fudge, his favorite

3. Egg - King | Apr 3
Page 270: Go egg his fucking car on the way home

4. Festival - Blue-Eyed Devil | Apr 2
Page 4: she was an annual cochair of the Texas Book Festival

5. Freight - King | Apr 3
Page 289: Then it hit me like a fucking freight train

6. Green - Red Dirt Heart | Apr 18
Page 90: Green looks good on you

7. Nest - Silence is Golden | Apr 1
Page 69: A bird had to build a nest

8. rabbit - Complicate Me | Apr 14
Page 16: Posing like something you would see Jessica Rabbit do

9. Relevant - Blue-Eyed Devil | Apr 2
Page 100: My old friends were no longer relevant

10. Once - Red Dirt Heart | Apr 18
Page 19: I dropped it out of the helicopter once

Bonus
1. Cocoa

2. Goal - Silence is Golden | Apr 1
Page 41: Ella was so focused on her goal

3. Relent

4. Scrambled - King | Apr 3
Page 33: I scrambled over to the window

5. Tan - Hero | Apr 23
Page 4: A mighty fine tan courtesy of the Hawaiian Sun

ROLLOVERS
November Bonus
1. Geometric

March Regular
1. Sponge

March Bonus
1. Dynamic - Complicate Me | Apr 14
Page 246: We had our own dyanmic

2. escalating
3. jigsaw

4. gushed - Silence is Golden | Apr 1
Page 99: Water gushed into the ships

5. raven

Silence is Golden (Storm and Silence, #3) by Robert Thier Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas King (King, #1) by T.M. Frazier Complicate Me (The Good Ol' Boys, #1) by M. Robinson Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt, #1) by N.R. Walker Hero (Hero, #1) by Samantha Young

message 14: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2744 comments IT IS NOT TIME FOR THIS YET!

Boo.

I'm in.

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Yep - I've corrected 'relevant'. Apologies everyone!

message 16: by Tammie (last edited May 05, 2018 06:39AM) (new)

Tammie | 1617 comments April Word Hunt

Read:
10/10
Bonus: 5/5

√ 4/3 bud: Highlander Most Wanted, pg 240 of 354​​ At his mouth found the tiny bud​ and he gently...

√ 4/5 chocolate: The Woman Left Behind, pg 31 of 352 /Just as she licked the last of the chocolate​ from her fingers, her phone rang.

√ 4/6 egg: The Governess Affair, pg 131 of 150 ..., and someone cracked an egg​ on it.

√ 4/18 festival: Blood Fury, pg 317 of 417 ..., Minnie beaming like it was a festival​ night.

√ 4/6 freight: Montana Dawn, loc 4005 of 4240 ...and they both watched the approach of a tall freight​ wagon.

√ 4/2 green: One White Rose, pg 143 of 150 ...Cole and Adam captured were taken to the green​ pastures and trained...

√ 4/6 nest: The Governess Affair, pg 102 of 150 ...on his belly all the way down to a curly nest​ of hair, from which jutted...

√ 4/3 rabbit: Highlander Most Wanted, pg 324 of 354​​ Your mother has a taste for rabbit​ stew, and we make a good pair.

√ 4/6 relevant: The Governess Affair, pg 26 of 150 He shook his head; her apprearance was hardly relevant​.

√ 4/2 once: One White Rose, pg 30 of 150 ...Douglas had always had a way with horses, and once​ the stallion was used to...

Bonus
√ 5/5 cocoa: A Crazy Little Thing Called Death, loc 3151 of 4756​​ ... and we combined the cocoa and sugar in a saucepan on her stove.

√ 4/9 goal: Aurelia, pg 83 of 246​​ "... Maybe you'll achieve your goal of making me sound like the problem."

√ 4/3 relent: Highlander Most Wanted, pg 252 of 354​​ "If it makes things any easier for you, I will relent.

√ 4/5 scrambled: The Woman Left Behind, pg 10 of 352 Donnelly scrambled​ to his feet and lurched after them, ....

√ 4/9 tan: Aurelia, pg 89 of 246​​ "... A bustling group of tan men dressed in duck cloth loaded goods on and off a brigantine...

Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2) by Maya Banks The Woman Left Behind (GO-Team, #2) by Linda Howard The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5) by Courtney Milan Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3) by J.R. Ward Montana Dawn by Caroline Fyffe One White Rose (Rose #3) by Julie Garwood A Crazy Little Thing Called Death (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #6) by Nancy Martin Aurelia (Aurelia, #1) by Anne Osterlund

message 17: by Samantha (last edited Apr 27, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

Samantha Clysdale | 112 comments Words:6/10
Bonus Words:0/5
Leftover words: 0/8

Books read:2
April Word Hunt

Bud: They Were Counted-p.98- The bud was still a bud, unopened; the flower was still a flower was a still promise, and Balint was surprised for he knew that his little daughter was already two.- April.1/2018

Chocolate: Finding Audrey-p.10- He took out a carton of chocolate milk and drains it, straight from the carton, which is gross.- April.1/2018

Egg:Finding Audrey-P.212- So, I thought...egg sandwiches?- April.1/2018

Festival-The Golden Son- April/3/2018-P.189-Leena's parents avoided village gatherings and festivals, and did not invite anyone to their home.

Freight: The Last Midwife- April.21/2018-P.124-"probably a freighter dropped it."

Green: Christmas Wishes-April.8/2018-p.15- Oh, and he dyed his hair green.

Nest: The Slow Regard of Silent Things- April.5/2018- P.16- Finally she dragged herself into the lower nest of pipes, but her lungs were empty now, and her body hung like lead.

Rabbit: Garden of Stars-April.20/2018-P.109-The small gardens are full of onions, fig trees and vines-covered trellises, with hutches where rabbits are kept for eating and washing that flaps endlessly in the breeze.

Relevant:The Haunting of Hill House-P.143-April.16/2018- "I wonder who slept in the nursery," the doctor said irrelevantly.

Once: Cockroaches- April.6/2018- P.206- "She accepted, and I regretted it at once.

Bonus words:

Cocoa:Garden of Stars-April.22/2018-p.51- a former nineteenth century palace built on a fortune gleamed from cocoa

Goal:Death Note: L, Change the WorLd-April.22/2018- P.63-"Either using the virus is the goal, or they're thinking of selling it for a profit."

Relent:Country Brides-P.193-April.13/2018- Lizzie would beg her to come with her on the merry-go-round and Evie would always eventually relent though she always hated that out-of-control feeling that whirling, churning, wind tossed disorder.

Scrambled:Garden of Stars-April.22/2018-p.211-Lavender grew around her feet and the sprawling tendrils of the passion vine that scrambled up the wall brushed softly against her neck and shoulders.

Tan:Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda-April.12/2018-P.81- " And a natural tan," says Martin.

Leftover words:

March 2018

Dynamic:Country Brides-P.164- April.12/2018-Outdoor art-and-craft fairs were exciting and dynamic full of color and sound and people.

Escalating:

Jigsaw:The Last Midwife-April.22/2018-P.289- Daniel's house was on the far side of town, a pretty brick structure with a white jigsaw trim.

Gushed:Mudbound-p.224- April.17/2018-Liquid gushed out, not a solid thing in it.

Feburary 2018

Billionaire:Ready Player One-April.25/2018-P.1- At first I couldn't understand why the media was making such a big deal of the billionaire 's<\b> death.

Gauntlet:

Hash:Lullabies for Little Criminals-April.27/2018-P.314-First, I wanted to buy some hash<\b> oil.

Janurary Word Hunt

Resolution: The Haunting of Hill House-P.154-April.16/2018-they could only await passively for resolution.

message 18: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Apr 11, 2018 04:57PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1070 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018

9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!~9 as of 11 APR 2018

bud~ a bad taste bud flashback, pg 78, Vanilla Beaned, 03 APR 2018

chocolate~ at the chocolate fountain, pg 10, Vanilla Beaned, 03 APR 2018

egg ~ and the non magic eggs, pg 65, Magic to the Bone, 05 APR 2018

festival~ now London was allowed to have festivals, pg 75, The Blackthorn Key, 09 APR 2018

freight

green his emerald green uniform, pg 53, Vanilla Beaned, 03 APR 2018

nest~ which to leave in the nest, pg 136, Rueful Death, 07 APR 2018

rabbit~ sizing up a plump rabbit, pg 92,
Raphael, 11 APR 2018

relevant~ a list of relevant employees, pg 64,
Raphael, 11 APR 2018

once~ spoiled meat, and once cockroaches, pg 5, Magic to the Bone, 05 APR 2018

Bonus
cocoa
goal
relent
scrambled
tan

message 19: by Barbara ★ (last edited Apr 28, 2018 02:48PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3546 comments April Word Hunt

READ: 15/15

✔️bud - Too Many Curses - A. Lee Martinez 4/9
(Rose twisted on her stem to shake her bud), p174

✔️chocolate - The Perfect Roommate - Minka Kent 4/9
(tucking her silky, chocolate brown hair), loc2909

✔️egg - Dead Angler - Victoria Houston 4/12
(scarfing down an egg McMuffin), p528

✔️festival - Slippery Souls - Rachael H. Dixon 4/7
(at a 60's festival), p198

✔️freight - The Perfect Roommate - Minka Kent 4/9
(like a massive f*cking freight train), loc804

✔️green - Foundling - D.M. Cornish 4/5
(swollen and yellow in the dark green sky), p83

✔️nest - The Drowning - Camilla Läckberg 4/7
(combed over into a neat nest), p95

✔️rabbit - Slippery Souls - Rachael H. Dixon 4/7
(as though they were a colony of rabbits), p15

✔️relevant - Best Day Ever - Kaira Rouda 4/3
(not relevant, not at all), p267

✔️once - Bird Box - Josh Malerman 4/10
(this was once a nice house), p2

BONUS
✔️cocoa - Slippery Souls - Rachael H. Dixon 4/7
(her cocoa bean eyes), p35

✔️goal - Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor 4/15
(and the goal was achieved), p150

✔️relent - The Drowning - Camilla Läckberg 4/7
(she had begun to relent), p214

✔️scrambled - Moonlight Warrior - Janet Chapman 4/16
(she scrambled up the ledge), p186

✔️tan - Dead Angler - Victoria Houston 4/12
(handsome in his deep August tan), p65

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 20: by Peri (last edited Apr 23, 2018 01:10PM) (new)

Peri June (perijune) | 54 comments Words found: 10/10
Bonus words found:5/5
Books completed: 5

bud: 4/14/18 Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein.
LOC: 1292 "I find the tiny envelope buried within the buds and open it up."

chocolate: 4/5/18 From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata.
LOC: 1065 "I'll give you a milk chocolate covered cherry from my Valentine's Day stash..."

egg: 4/7/18 Toad by Cambria Hebert.
LOC: 1449 "'No wonder you live on slime,' I muttered and stepped up close to grab an egg."

festival: 4/23/18 Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas.
Page: 553 "During the Winter Moon festival."

freight: 4/12/18 Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
LOC: 604 "Standing in front of her, it struck me with the force of a speeding freight train how much Miranda had done to maintain the friendship."

green: 4/5/18 From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata.
LOC: 204 "The green light on the screen blinked, telling me I had unread messages."

nest: 4/23/18 Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas.
Page: 212 "...nor any sign of the Valg's nest."

rabbit: 4/5/18 From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata.
LOC: 5402 "The rabbit alone had a big, fancy play area and house in one of the five bedrooms."

relevant: 4/23/18 Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas.
Page: 61 "He clenched his jaw. 'How is that relevant?'"

once: 4/12/18 Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
LOC: 56 "Once they came here, there was no knight riding to the rescue."

Bonus

cocoa: 4/14/18 Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein.
LOC: 1813 "Oliver's mother, Marley, sets two mugs of hot cocoa on the table."

goal: 4/7/18 Toad by Cambria Hebert.
LOC: 1453 "The goal is to put it in the bowl."

relent: 4/14/18 Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein.
LOC: 1944 "'Still,' he says, and I relent."

scrambled: 4/7/18 Toad by Cambria Hebert.
LOC: 1822 "He laughed as I scrambled after him.

tan: 4/12/18 Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
LOC: 2033 "He wore a dark brown button-down sweater and his tan khakis were pressed to the point I doubted they ever wrinkled."

message 21: by Karen ♐ (last edited Apr 15, 2018 02:46PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1191 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018

10/10 words | 5/5 bonus | 15/15 books read

Words:

bud - Pg 14 - The partnership with Bud working out? - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
chocolate - Pg 22 - catching a piece of the chocolate fondant - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
egg - Loc 933 - there was one precious fresh egg - Theirs to Protect Stasia Black - 4/7
festival - Loc 870 - some of the bigger music festivals before going on this tour - Claiming Addison Zoey Derrick - 4/11
freight - Loc 2233 - hit me like a f*cking freight train - Claiming Addison Zoey Derrick - 4/11
green - Pg 184 - A bluish green hue was glowing - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
nest - Pg 56 - hair looked like a rat's nest - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
rabbit - Deeper down the rabbit hole - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
relevent - Loc 2262 - a similar situation really isn't relevant - Twisted Helen Hardt - 4/14
once - Once we sat down to eat - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4

Bonus:
cocoa - Pg 258 - a hot cocoa kit - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
goal - Pg 51 - and his goal is to make you - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
relent - Pg 71 - He relented. For now. - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
scrambled - Pg 36 - She scrambled back - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
tan - Pg 112 - pulled the rolled-up tan towel - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5

Books Used:
Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward At Wolf Ranch (Montana Men, #1) by Jennifer Ryan Theirs to Protect by Stasia Black Claiming Addison (69 Bottles, #1) by Zoey Derrick Twisted (Steel Brothers Saga, #8) by Helen Hardt

message 22: by Jujubee (last edited Apr 25, 2018 06:35PM) (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 216 comments I'm on the hunt again this month! 13/15 & 01/02 Orphans 🐣 Updated Apr 21
53 Letters For My Lover (53 Letters For My Lover, #1) by Leylah Attar From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5) by Leylah Attar Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2) by Shay Savage On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews Intrusion (Under the Skin, #1) by Charlotte Stein The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon After We Fall by Melanie Harlow
🐣Bud "He refused to budge." Pg 188 Wildfire (Hidden Legacy 03) Ilona Andrews • Read 04/25/18 5*
🐣Chocolate "He reminded me of the imported bars of chocolate that sat behind locked shelves in Tehran, the kind that Baba would get for Hossein and me if we’d been very, very good." Pg 30 53 Letters For My Lover (53 Letters for My Lover 01) Leylah Attar • Read 04/02/18 5*
🐣Egg "And I rather enjoyed the fact that it had crawled under her skin, bugging her, laying wormy little eggs that were making her squirm." Pg 32 From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover 02) Leylah Attar • Read 04/03/18 5*

festival

🐣Freight "I think of his body suddenly, like some runaway freight train with his mind trailing behind." LOC 1429 Intrusion Charlotte Stein • Read 04/08/18 5*
🐣🐣Green and Once "We paid our bill and as we walked to the train I thought that maybe, just this once, my grass was a little greener." Pg 23 On the Island (On the Island 01) Tracey Garvis-Graves • Read 04/06/18 4*
🐣Nest "We’re empty nesters." Pg 29 From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover 02) Leylah Attar • Read 04/03/18 5*
🐣Rabbit "Bo has the run of the yard and when he isn’t chasing rabbits, he’s content to nap at our feet." Pg 259 On the Island (On the Island 01) Tracey Garvis-Graves • Read 04/06/18 4*
🐣Relevant "Logic was irrelevant." Pg 1 Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine 02) Shay Savage • Read 04/04/18 4*

Bonus
🐣Cocoa "He ate a slice of cake, absently enjoying the crunch of walnuts and the richly exotic taste of cocoa." The Scottish Prisoner (Lord John Grey 03) Diana Gabaldon • Read 04/21/18 5*
🐣Goal "At least, I hoped it looked serious—that was the goal." Pg 78 Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine 02) Shay Savage • Read 04/04/18 4*

relent

🐣Scrambled "Raine scrambled to her hands and knees as I crawled in behind her, tapped her legs apart with my knees, and drove into her again." Pg 169 Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine 02) Shay Savage • Read 04/04/18 4*
🐣Tan '“Like my tan?” She holds out her arms.' Pg 20 53 Letters For My Lover (53 Letters for My Lover 01) Leylah Attar • Read 04/02/18 5*

Orphans 01/02
🐣December: Monarch (Exact) “It’s a Monarch!" Pg 39 53 Letters For My Lover (53 Letters for My Lover 01) Leylah Attar • Read 04/02/18 5*
March: (Exact) Jigsaw "We could have fit together like two jigsaw pieces." Pg 283 After We Fall Melanie Harlow • Read xxxx

message 23: by Maritza (last edited Apr 27, 2018 07:42PM) (new)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 520 comments Monthly Word Hunt 
1 - 30 April 2018

Found - 8/10 words | 4/5 bonus

bud, Sex and Sorcery Sarah Hyde 04/19/18** - ...before wrapping my BUD with the flat of his tongue (pg 207)
chocolate, Texas Troubles N. C. Lewis 04/04/18**** - which gave CHOCOLATE box views of...(loc 2293)
egg, Approaching the Bench Chantal Fernando 04/02/18**** - I do love a good poached EGG... (pg 62)
festival, Charmed by the Bartender Piper Rayne 04/03/18**** - It was the film FESTIVAL... (pg 131)
freight
green, Approaching the Bench - He has a GREEN thumb, (pg 9)
nest
rabbit, Texas Troubles - Bodie spotted a RABBIT... (loc 1472)
relevant, Texas Troubles - and all the RELEVANT permits issued, (loc 1240)
once, Approaching the Bench - glancing at my watch ONCE more, (pg 12)
Approaching the Bench (Conflict of Interest, #3) by Chantal Fernando Charmed by the Bartender (Modern Love, #1) by Piper Rayne Texas Troubles (Ollie Stratford Mystery #1) by N.C. Lewis Havoc (A Silent Sons MC #2) by Ambere Sabo Sex and Sorcery (Sex Magic #1) by Sarah Hyde The Engagement Game (How to Marry a Billionaire, #1) by A. Gardner
cocoa, The Engagement Game A. Gardner 04/27/18*** - I stare at his COCOA eyes, (loc 1096)
goal, Havoc Ambere Sabo 04/06/18***** - my only GOAL was killing those responsible, (loc 1354)
relent
scrambled, Texas Troubles - SCRAMBLED out the door, (loc 1990)
tan, Texas Troubles - He wore a TAN shop coat (loc 276)

message 24: by Kesha (last edited Apr 29, 2018 06:51PM) (new)

Kesha | 705 comments 2018 April Word Hunt

Read: 8/10
Bonus Read: 3/5

bud: She shivered when he thumbed the firm BUDS of her nipples, her muscled belly rippling with reaction. Affair of Pleasure (p. 157) - Lindsay Evans 4-1-18
chocolate: A hint of CHOCOLATE marred the firm curve of his lower lip. Affair of Pleasure (p. 54) - Lindsay Evans 4-1-18
egg: "How did you know following her here wouldn't leave you with EGG on your face?" Blissful Summer: Make You Mine Again\Unraveled (p. 98) - Cheris Hodges 4-6-18
festival: But her debut film didn't do as well as she hoped at the FESTIVAL. Claiming His Nine-Month Consequence (p. 33) - Jennie Lucas 4-25-18
freight:
green: It wasn't the police at least, they wouldn't be in a ute with big GREEN and yellow signs on the side. Dragon Secrets (LOC 184) - Rinelle Grey 4-2-18
nest: The court was little more than a NEST of immoral vipers. Beauty and the Beast (p. 155) - Hannah Howell 4-29-18
once: ONCE you've looked it over - today would be lovely-" She flashed him a toothy smile. Affair of Pleasure (p. 10) - Lindsay Evans 4-1-18
rabbit: A feast for RABBITS. Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (p. 37) - Sarah MacLean 4-8-18
relevant:

BONUS
cocoa:
goal;: Their main GOAL in life seemed to be the next cast member of The Real Housewives of Atlanta as Mrs. Bradley Stephens. Blissful Summer: Make You Mine Again\Unraveled (p. 21) - Cheris Hodges 4-6-18
relent:
scrambled: Simon went instantly rigid, straightening and immediately restoring the edge of her dress to its proper place as he did so, and she SCRAMBLED to push past him, fumbling with her skirts, spinning in a circle to get her bearings as she said, "In-in here, Gabriel." Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (p. 175) - Sarah MacLean 4-8-18
tan: Not toasting it to a golden brown TAN that went on forever, inside her thighs and out, all the way to the scrap of parakeet yellow fabric between her legs that he knew would be sheer when wet. In Danger (p. 155) - Alison Kent 4-13-18

message 25: by Robin (last edited Apr 28, 2018 04:29PM) (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 89 comments I'm in!

9/10 Words
5/5 Bonus Words
1/3 Leftovers
7 Books read

April 2017

bud A Candle in the Window 4/27/18
LOC:Page 28 "His heart came to life looking at her, like the first bud of spring breaking free of winter's harsh grasp."

chocolate A Candle in the Window 4/27/18
LOC: Page 44 "When you feel better, I promise to make you a big cup of hot chocolate."

egg Murder on Washington Square 4/16/18
LOC: Page 48 "She served their supper, which was potatoes fried with onions and eggs."

festival
LOC:

freight Phantom Kiss 4/28/18
LOC:n Kindle 735 "It moved with the roar and power of a freight train.|"

green Fear No Evil 4/13/18
LOC: Page 6 "A blink of something green caught her eye."

nest Two Kinds of Truth 4/22/18
LOC: Page 269 "There was a separation wall with a door that led to an electronics nest."

rabbit Murder on Washington Square 4/16/18
LOC: Page 139 "A heavy wool cape and a rabbit fur muff lay on top."

relevant Fatal Mistake 4/9/18
LOC: Page 124 "Do you know anything that might be relevant to our investigation?"

once Murder on Washington Square 4/16/18
LOC: Page 2 "Once in her house, he'd probably steal everything of value and vanish."

Bonus:

cocoa A Candle in the Window 4/27/18
LOC: Page 106 "Beth looked longingly at the steaming cocoa."

goal Fatal Mistake 4/9/18
LOC: Page 301 "...which of course had been his goal."

relent The Serpent Prince 4/25/18
LOC: Page 247 "She moaned, but he didn't relent."

scrambled Fatal Mistake 4/9/18
LOC: Page 291 "As she read, her vision swam and the words became scrambled..."

tan Fear No Evil 4/13/18
LOC: Page 88 "His billowing shirt was reminiscent of a pirate, his tan slacks pressed and creased."

Fatal Mistake (Fatal, #6) by Marie Force Fear No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #3) by Allison Brennan Murder on Washington Square (Gaslight Mystery, #4) by Victoria Thompson Two Kinds of Truth (Harry Bosch, #20; Harry Bosch Universe, #30) by Michael Connelly A Candle in the Window by Jillian Hart The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires, #12.5) by Chloe Neill

Leftovers:

monarch (Dec 17 - Bonus)
LOC:

dynamic (Mar 18 - Bonus) Fear No Evil 4/13/18
LOC: Page 355 "Add another dynamic to the situation."

jigsaw (Mar 18 - Bonus)
LOC:

message 26: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Apr 21, 2018 03:55AM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments This looks like fun! I'm in!

Regular Words Found: 10/10
Bonus Words Found: 4/5

April Words
bud "It would be a great teaching experience, especially for budding scientists..." Taming Teddy (pg. 156) by Lucy Lennox ✔ 4/12
chocolate: "It's some really good Swiss chocolate I picked up in Geneva before I came back to the states last night." Every Breath You Take (pg. 190) by Robert Winter ✔ 4/4
egg: "He went to the fridge to see if there was anything still edible, and glumly considered a dozen eggs..." The Monet Murders (pg. 240) by Josh Lanyon ✔ 4/5
festival: "...though it was early spring and the annual Cherry Blossom Festival was weeks away..." Every Breath You Take (pg. 99) by Robert Winter ✔ 4/4
freight "The busted pinion gear would probably need parts brought in from Grand Junction, if not freighted in from Denver." Fire on the Mountain (Loc 2095) by P.D. Singer ✔ 4/14
green: "There he was, as green as could be." Every Breath You Take (pg. 17) by Robert Winter ✔ 4/4
nest "...dread had already made a poisonous nest inside my gut." Borrowing Blue (pg. 262) by Lucy Lennox ✔ 4/9
rabbit: "He kind of even looked like a rabbit..." The Monet Murders (pg. 39) by Josh Lanyon ✔ 4/5
relevant "I don't know if this is relevant or not..." (pg. 44) The Monet Murders by Josh Lanyon ✔ 4/5
once "Once I felt that calm come over me, I ended the kiss and pulled away." Borrowing Blue (pg. 16) by Lucy Lennox ✔ 4/9

Bonus
cocoa "My choice of hot cocoa wasn't the best type of fuel to run on." Better Than Good (Loc 2041) by Lane Hayes ✔ 4/16
goal "Call it a personal goal." Taming Teddy (pg. 8) Lucy Lennox
relent
scrambled "He scrambled over toward me..." Taming Teddy (pg. 143) by Lucy Lennox ✔ 4/12
tan "They looked like they were in their early thirties, tan and fit." Borrowing Blue (pg. 188) by Lucy Lennox ✔ 4/9

message 27: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Robin wrote: "I'm in!"

Hi, Robin! Long time no see. :)

message 28: by ~Teresa (last edited May 01, 2018 06:24PM) (new)

~Teresa | 322 comments April Monthly Word Hunt
4/1 - 4/30/18

Monthly Words: 10/10 Completed

bud ~ The Fixer Upper ~ 4/9/18 ~ Loc. 2872 ~ ... at the bright green buds leading out from the trees ...

chocolate ~ The Fixer Upper ~ 4/9/18 ~ Loc. 1806 ~ ...chocolate shake or malted milk?” I hesitated.

egg ~ Between Husbands and Friends ~ 4/2/18 ~ Loc. 3843 ~ A blob of egg falls from Jeremy’s fork.

festival ~ The Fixer Upper ~ 4/9/18 ~ Loc. 699 ~ There was some kind of festival they had every spring ...

freight ~ Secret Sisters ~ 4/27/18 ~ Page 242 ~ Abe said that Jack was like a freight train ...

green ~ Between Husbands and Friends ~ 4/2/18 ~ Loc. 879 ~ The monitor goes blue, green, yellow and green, as different sites emerge and ...

nest ~ Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates: A Book of Hope for Those Who Have Lost a Pet ~ 4/10/18 ~ Page 99 ~ ... will see. Iris building a nest, but never a temple.

rabbit ~ Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates: A Book of Hope for Those Who Have Lost a Pet ~ 4/10/18 ~ Page 14 ~ ... take us on a short rabbit trail, but I assure you ...

relevant ~ Put a Ring On It ~ 4/27/18 ~ Page 186 ~ “How is that relevant?”

once ~ Zero Hour ~ 4/18/18 ~ Loc. 263 ~ Ecery once in a while, that glare would drop ...

Bonus Words: 4/5 Completed

cocoa ~ The Next Best Thing ~ 4/14/18 ~ Page 315 ~ ... and I’m hoping for not cocoa, even if it’s from a mix.

goal ~ Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates: A Book of Hope for Those Who Have Lost a Pet ~ 4/10/18 ~ Page 181 ~ ... I pointed out earlier, my goal was singular ...

relent ~

scrambled ~ Blueprints ~ 4/13/18 ~ Page 118 ~ ... stomach knotting, she scrambled up to check Tad.

tan ~ Blueprints ~ 4/13/18 ~ Page 12 ~ ... with his keen brown eyes and perpetual tan ...

From March Orphan Bonus Words: 1/3 Completed

Jigsaw ~ Between Husbands and Friends ~ 4/2/18 ~ Loc. 2756 ~ ... did a one-hundred piece jigsaw puzzle!” Margaret yammered as we ...

Escalating ~

Raven ~

Between Husbands and Friends by Nancy Thayer The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates A Book of Hope for Those Who Have Lost a Pet by Gary Kurz Blueprints by Barbara Delinsky The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins Zero Hour (Wired & Dangerous, #1) by Megan Erickson Put a Ring On It (Black Dog Bay, #3) by Beth Kendrick Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz

message 29: by Becky (last edited Apr 20, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1392 comments 15/15

bud The Quarterback- loc 94- His buds gave him a thumbs-up. 4/7-4/8
chocolate If The Dress Fits- loc 255- I smacked my lips in anticipation of the soft, sweet buns with sharp cheese baked on top and the warm, creamy hot chocolate made from pressed cocoa. 4/5-4/6
egg The Boyfriend Experiment- loc 279- "I've never been ready to put all my eggs in that basket." 4/1-4/2
festival If The Dress Fits- loc 506- He loved their music so much that we actually flew to Japan once for a music festival just to see them perform. 4/5-4/6
freight The Scorpion's Mate- loc 3547- I could sell my designs and ship them off-world on the colonial freighters that supplied the colony. 4/19-4/20
green The Quarterback- loc 565- It had rained a bit in the night, so the old oak trees were vivid green, standing in stark contrast to the red brick buildings with their white columns. 4/7-4/8
nest An Extraordinary Union- loc 1259- He'd undercut a plan to infiltrate the Navy and ferreted out a nest of vipers living in the Capital and sending information to the Rebels, all while pretending to be a dyed-in-the-wool Confederate. 4/2-4/4
rabbit An Extraordinary Union- loc 3055- "Girl, you're luckier than a rabbit with three feet!" 4/2-4/4
relevant The Boyfriend Experiment- loc 2334- The fact that he'd decided not to didn't seem entirely relevant right now. 4/1-4/2
once The Boyfriend Experiment- loc 44- Once all the post-flight paperwork was over, he was taking a cab to the airport, and then a plane home. 4/1-4/2

Bonus

cocoa An Extraordinary Union- loc 206- Mary's small, rounded nose and wide cheekbones marked her as a slave, although her skin was barely darker than Susie's-- the color of fresh milk with the slightest dash of rich cocoa added for taste. 4/2-4/4
goal The Quarterback- loc 799- "That would have been stupid when a field goal gave us the win." 4/7-4/8
relent Treasure of the Abyss- loc 1064- But he would not relent. 4/9-4/10
scrambled If The Dress Fits- loc 1081- My brain scrambled for something to tell them, something that would throw their focus off completely. 4/5-4/6
tan Treasure of the Abyss- loc 366- It was tan from hours in the sun. 4/9-4/10

message 30: by LaurLa (last edited Apr 29, 2018 06:59PM) (new)

LaurLa | 3251 comments April Word Hunt
April 2018

MY Word Hunt (msg 32)

10 of 10 Words Found
5 of 5 Bonus Words
5 of 5 Books Read

April Words

The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (Geek Girls, #1) by Gina Lamm Rock My Bed (Black Falcon, #2) by Michelle A. Valentine Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Fatal Strike (McClouds & Friends #10) by Shannon McKenna The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2) by Jayne Fresina
✔🌸bud: The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl - Gina Lamm - 04.04 ★★
It’s a good look for you, bud. (loc: 501.8)

✔🌸chocolate: Rock My Bed - Michelle A. Valentine - 04.01 ★★★
song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory rings through my mind. (loc: 50.5)

✔🌸egg: The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl - Gina Lamm - 04.04 ★★
Okay, so these pigs stole the birds’ eggs, right? (loc: 36.4)

✔🌸festival: Scarlet - Marissa Meyer - 04.06 ★★★★
where the weekly market and the annual festival had been held only days before, (loc: 544.0)

✔🌸freight: Scarlet - Marissa Meyer - 04.06 ★★★★
Scarlet followed Wolf into the shadows of another freight train (loc: 355.0)

✔🌸green: Rock My Bed - Michelle A. Valentine - 04.01 ★★★
Even though he’s fairly green to the marketing world, (loc: 24.0)

✔🌸nest: Fatal Strike - Shannon McKenna - 04.15 ★★★★
He moved toward her as she rose from her nest of crushed grass and flowers (loc: 388.6)

✔🌸rabbit: The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne - Jayne Fresina - 04.02 ★★★★
discussing the spaniel the boy had trained to hunt rabbits. (loc: 427.3)

✔🌸relevant: Scarlet - Marissa Meyer - 04.06 ★★★★
I don’t see that her being cyborg is relevant. (loc: 335.0)

✔🌸once: Fatal Strike - Shannon McKenna - 04.15 ★★★★
He realized three things at once. (loc: 30.3)

Bonus Words

Fatal Strike (McClouds & Friends #10) by Shannon McKenna The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2) by Jayne Fresina Rock My Bed (Black Falcon, #2) by Michelle A. Valentine The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (Geek Girls, #1) by Gina Lamm
✔🌸cocoa: Fatal Strike - Shannon McKenna - 04.15 ★★★★
Instant cocoa and stale graham crackers are the best I could do. (loc: 543.2)

✔🌸goal: The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne - Jayne Fresina - 04.02 ★★★★
She touched her goal. (loc: 311.5)

✔🌸relent: Rock My Bed - Michelle A. Valentine - 04.01 ★★★
I didn’t relent in that situation either, (loc: 41.0)

✔🌸scrambled: The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne - Jayne Fresina - 04.02 ★★★★
She scrambled up the mattress, away from his reach. (loc: 41.6)

✔🌸tan: The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl - Gina Lamm - 04.04 ★★
When she’d pulled on the tan gloves (loc: 186.7)

message 31: by Andrea (last edited May 01, 2018 02:54AM) (new)

Andrea | 101 comments 10/10

bud - My Partner and Me - Apr28 - 3*
LOC 50 - "'Hey, bud,' said my partner gently, reaching me."
chocolate- Candy Man - Apr7 - 5*
LOC 370 - "Anish was standing behind the chocolate counter, straightening the money drawer there."
egg - Where There's Fire - Apr10 - 3*
LOC 866 - "If that means cracking a few eggs, then I'm prpared to live with it."
festival - Shelter the Sea - Apr24 - 5*
LOC 1748 - "It was a street festival, most of Main Street closed off so we could wander between the booths, with a few food trucks at each end."
freight - The Hike - Apr30 - 5*
LOC 3071 - "I sounded like a freight train headed smack in our direction."
green - First Comes Marriage - Apr4 - 4*
LOC 685 - "Outside, the breeze danced through the bright green leaves of the trees overlooking the gardens."
nest - La Famiglia - Apr14 - 4*
LOC 204 - "Yeah, I heard there's a nesting pair somewhere upriver"
rabbit - Rise of Heroes - Apr18 - 4*
LOC 1832 - "It's something like that when I'm connected - like I'm falling down the rabbit-hole."
relevant - Uncommonly Tidy Poltergeists - Apr6 - 5*
LOC 291 - "I'm not sure how it's relevant, but yes"
once- Dead Reckoning - Apr16 - 5*
LOC 75 - "Usually, he met with a spirit once and was able to respond to their unique situation"

Bonus:
1/5

cocoa -
goal - Something to Dye For - Apr22 - 4*
LOC 3348 - "Harris sounded a touch defensive, which wasn't my goal at all."
relent -
scrambled -
tan -

message 32: by Amanda A (last edited Apr 19, 2018 03:12PM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 764 comments Monthly Word Hunt
Found: 15/15

The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

bud - "Diego found Bud Hooper and Maria Jemez." Bodyguard page 204
chocolate - "at least seven feet tall, with chocolate brown hair buzzed short" Bodyguard page 9
egg - "She dipped her toast in her runny egg." The Art of Sinning page 124
festival - "Wanted me to take her to a foreign film festival instead." Edge of Chaos page 52
freight - "It roared and screeched louder than a freight train..." Edge of Chaos page 171
green - "Worse yet, when he'd glanced back for his goddess in green, she'd vanished." The Art of Sinning page 3
nest - "As she reached the last nest, a sharp stinging on her leg drew her gaze down." Aundy loc 1034
rabbit - "Like a rabbit freed from a snare..." The Dark Lord page 270
relevant - "Relevant questions." The Impossible Vastness of Us Loc 907
once - "The judge hammered once with her gavel." Bodyguard page 19

Bonus:
cocoa - "I was heading downstairs for hot cocoa." The Impossible Vastness of Us loc 2396
goal - "He had no doubt of whom attacked from the trees and he knew their goal." The Dark Lord page 262
relent - "He stared at her, knowing full well he should not relent." The Dark Lord page 96
scrambled - "I hung up and scrambled to get ready" Edge of Chaos page 162
tan - ""You'll so lose your tan," Tess said sympathetically." The Impossible Vastness of Us loc 125

Edge of Chaos (Love on the Edge #1) by Molly E. Lee 4/1 Bodyguard (Shifters Unbound, #2.5) by Jennifer Ashley 4/2 The Dark Lord (Titans, #1) by Kathryn Le Veque 4/3 The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1) by Sabrina Jeffries 4/5 The Impossible Vastness of Us by Samantha Young 4/12 Aundy (Pendleton Petticoats #1) by Shanna Hatfield 4/16

message 33: by Carly (last edited Apr 30, 2018 04:37PM) (new)

Carly (car88) | 65 comments APRIL 2018 - WORD HUNT
·Post 34

9/10

BUD - Pocket Full of Posies location 4567, 41% (in Lost in Limbo) (4/28/18)
"Your turn," he said, holding the cup out to me. "Did you lose your taste buds or something?" I huffed, taking the tea from him. "Oh, no. I taste just fine." He gave me a wink.
CHOCOLATE - My Commander location 1258, 39% (4/25/18)
"Son, how violent is yer woman?" The older man asked sounding curious. Aiden leaned in and whispered. "She knocked me unconscious once with the back of my toilet." The older man's eyes widened. "Better get you some chocolate bars. You can throw those from a distance."
EGG - How to Drive a Dragon Crazy location 20496, 82% (in G.A. Aiken Dragon Bundle) (4/4/18)
The speech she'd given more than once over the years to Éibhear, and when they were much younger, to her older sons. The one that included things like: "I'm sure your father didn't mean that." "Of course your father loves you." "No. He didn't try to sell your egg to the highest human bidder." "And of course, he never tried to kill you while you slept!"
FESTIVAL - Death and Beauty location 1279, 79% (4/12/18)
First Frigg, Bragi, and Nanna traveled to the major cities. They played in auditoriums, at fairs and festivals. They would make entire cities cry, filling the streets with weeping mortals, or dwarves, or Light-elves.
FREIGHT
GREEN - Fire Me Up location 370, 7% (4/16/18)
"Uncle Damian is giving me another chance to prove that I can transport a priceless object without having it stolen by a certain green-eyed dragon in hunk form. It doesn't have any gold on it, so it should be safe enough from him.…"
NEST - Dead Vampires Don't Date location 1489, 37% (4/19/18)
"Xavier, huh?" Petey directed his question towards Morgan. "That's a pretty damn big nest, Mistress Morgan." I cleared my throat. Petey locked eyeballs with me. I didn't like it, then again I hadn't liked much of my life the past few days either.
RABBIT - Four Psychos location 384, 10% (4/7/18)
After recapping my walk down memory lane, telling them how I watched them, when I watched them, how I enjoyed it…I sound like a totally crazy girl in the bushes with binoculars and a rabbit. Not that furry-friend kind of rabbit.
RELEVANT - Fire Me Up location 3306, 58% (4/16/18)
Paolo and he exchanged glances. Meaningful glances. "I believe that information is not relevant. Know simply that it would be most…unpleasant." Oh, great. He was talking about supernatural torture.
ONCE - Playing with Fire: A Magical Romantic Comedy location 1286, 24% (4/22/18)
"God save my soul, but yes. You can solve this problem once-and only once-with fire. Only this once."

Bonus
4/5

COCOA
GOAL - Before Midnight location 1870, 58% (4/29/18)
"Ah yes," the witch mused. "I imagine many mothers and daughters will try to get you to stay a little longer in the hopes of…distracting you from your goal."
RELENT - The Purple Alien Prince's Pregnant Captive location 851, 59% (4/10/18)
"You belong with me." He would not relent on this point. His soul cried out with the thought of being without Baila for the remainder of his life.
SCRAMBLED - Lucifer's Daughter location 215, 14% (4/9/18)
I was pretty sure I was staring at a blonde Adonis because there was no possible way his face could be any more handsome. His full lips quirked up at me and I scrambled to stop my staring.
TAN - Lucifer's Daughter location 84, 7% (4/9/18)
"Kendall, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we split up because he fucked you in a broom closet, and unless 'God' is what you call your vagina nowadays, I think you're fooling yourself." I gave her my most mocking of smiles and made a shooing motion with my hand. Even beneath the orange of her spray tan, I could see her face reddening.

Carryovers
2/4

March
ESCALATING - How to Drive a Dragon Crazy location 20735, 83% (in G.A. Aiken Dragon Bundle) (4/4/18)
"Did you start all this?" "I'd really say that Keita started it, but I did escalate the argument to the free-for-all you see before you." "Nicely handled, little brother. I'm usually the only one who creates this level of discord."
SPONGE - Lucifer's Daughter location 1897, 96% (4/9/18)
When my voice broke and my ears rang, the back of my throat raw and tasting of blood, I finally heaved a sigh of relief and let go of the sponge.
February
PORK
SIDESHOW

READ
How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6) by G.A. Aiken Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1) by Kristy Cunning Lucifer's Daughter (Queen of the Damned, #1) by Kel Carpenter The Purple Alien Prince's Pregnant Captive by Celia Kyle Death and Beauty by Samantha MacLeod Fire Me Up by Katie MacAlister Dead Vampires Don't Date (Kate Storm, #1) by Meredith Allen Conner Playing with Fire A Magical Romantic Comedy (with a body count) by R.J. Blain My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered, #1) by Alanea Alder Pocket Full of Posies (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. #2) by Angela Roquet Before Midnight (Blood Prince, #1) by Jennifer Blackstream

message 34: by Nina (last edited May 03, 2018 11:06PM) (new)

Nina Snow | 76 comments April Word Hunt
Duration: April 1st - April 30th, 2018
Level: 9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!

Read: 10/10
Bonus: 5/5
Books Read: 11

Words:

✔︎Bud: Kríe Captivity by Kora Knight|04/07/18|★★
Pg. 70 ~ "...in taste bud heaven."

✔︎Chocolate: A Tale of Two Horns by Hannah Walker|04/08/18|★★★
Loc. 231 ~ "...hot chocolate as a treat?"

✔︎Egg: Chasing Destiny by Megan Erickson|04/11/18|★★★★
Pg. 172 ~ "...a couple of egg sandwiches..."

✔︎Festival: Alphas Like Us by Krista Ritchie|04/03/18|★★★★
Pg. 298 ~ "During a Pride Festival..."

✔︎Freight: Love in Spades by Charlie Cochet|04/24/18|★★★★
Loc. 232 ~ "...from liner services to freight logistics..."

✔︎Green: To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Marie Moning|04/03/18|★★★
Pg. 3 ~ "The distinctive green and gray..."

✔︎Nest: Mortal Danger by Eileen Wilks|04/04/18|★★★
Pg. 274 ~ "This is a dragon's nest!"

✔︎Rabbit: Moonglow by Kristen Callihan|04/08/18|★★★
Pg. 38 ~ "...like a frightened rabbit..."

✔︎Relevant: Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh|04/02/18|★★★★
Pg. 202 ~ "It's not relevant..."

✔︎Once: Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley|04/06/18|★★★★
Loc. 177 ~ "...every once in a while..."

Bonus:

✔︎Cocoa: Atonement by Ian McEwan|04/26/18|★★★
Pg. 143 ~ "And no cocoa butter."

✔︎Goal: Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh|04/02/18|★★★★
Pg. 50 ~ "...what his goal was?"

✔︎Relent: Kríe Captivity by Kora Knight|04/07/18|★★
Pg. 25 ~ "It will not relent..."

✔︎Scrambled: To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Marie Moning|04/03/18|★★★
Pg. 173 ~ "She scrambled to her feet..."

✔︎Tan: Alphas Like Us by Krista Ritchie|04/03/18|★★★★
Pg. 20 ~ "He usually has a tan complexion..."

message 35: by Emily (last edited Apr 23, 2018 02:45PM) (new)

Emily | 693 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018
10 WORDS

April
bud - grin. “You good, bud?” I ask. Parker, Liberty. Hatchet: Rebel Guardians MC (p. 195). Kindle Edition. 4.1
chocolate - Do you want regular milk or chocolate milk?” Parker, Liberty. Hatchet: Rebel Guardians MC (p. 108). Kindle Edition. 4.1
egg-It looks similar to a clear, shell-less egg. Vale, Lani Lynn. Kinda Don't Care (The Simple Man Series Book 1) (Kindle Location 2618). Kindle Edition. 4.5
festival - Goats played a festival today. He Rowe, Lauren. Hero (The Morgan Brothers Book 1) (p. 197). SoCoRo Publishing. Kindle Edition. 4.7
"freight freight containers are stacked in the corner, and a circular, metal staircase leads up to a second level.

Castille, Sarah. Against the Ropes (Redemption Book 1) (p. 3). Sourcebooks. Kindle Edition. - 4.8"
green - gorgeous forest green dress in a similar style and Trinity’s Parker, Liberty. Hatchet: Rebel Guardians MC (p. 267). Kindle Edition. 4.1
"nest -push the babies from the nest or they’re never going to learn to fly.”

Rhoads, Roxanne. Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires Book 1) (p. 150). Bewitching Books. Kindle Edition. 4.18"
rabbit-Colby winks at me like a cartoon rabbit and I chuckle at the surprising gesture. Rowe, Lauren. Hero (The Morgan Brothers Book 1) (p. 47). SoCoRo Publishing. Kindle Edition. 4.7
"relevant -this position who have much more relevant and recent experience.”

Nixon, JD. Heller (Kindle Locations 689-690). JD Nixon via Smashwords. Kindle Edition. 4.10"
once - once every three or four days. Vale, Lani Lynn. Kinda Don't Care (The Simple Man Series Book 1) (Kindle Location 168). Kindle Edition. 45

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

cocoa -ol’ time,” Mom says to Theo and the girls. “Popcorn. Hot cocoa. Rowe, Lauren. Hero (The Morgan Brothers Book 1) (p. 237). SoCoRo Publishing. Kindle Edition. 4.7
"goal-chronological age and it’s my goal to get her to let loose a little bit and be more Parker, Liberty . Chief: Rebel Guardians MC (Kindle Locations 2965-2966). Kindle Edition. 4.11

"
"relent-“Fine, I’ll relent as long as you, or DJ are with them,” Turk says looking at me. Parker, Liberty . Chief: Rebel Guardians MC (Kindle Locations 2532-2533). Kindle Edition. 4.11

"
scrambled-she scrambled up between my legs and poked one. Vale, Lani Lynn. Kinda Don't Care (The Simple Man Series Book 1) (Kindle Locations 2610-2611). Kindle Edition. 4.5
"tan-doe eyes are enhanced by her orange, spray-on tan and a slash of hot pink
Castille, Sarah. Against the Ropes (Redemption Book 1) (p. 4). Sourcebooks. Kindle Edition. 4.8"

message 36: by Christie (new)

Christie (christie454) | 92 comments April Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018

0/10 found
bud
chocolate
egg
festival
freight
green
nest
rabbit
relevant
once

Bonus 0/5 found
cocoa
goal
relent
scrambled
tan

Carryover 0/5 found
Pork (Feb)
Billionaire (bonus, Feb)
Hash (bonus Feb)
Sideshow (bonus Feb)
Jigsaw (bonus March)

message 37: by Beth (last edited May 04, 2018 12:22PM) (new)

Beth I am in!

10/10 Words
4/5 Bonus (curses -- missed one!)
4 leftovers!

April
bud Clean Sweep, Ilona Andrews 4/13/18 p. 205 "I had to nip this in the bud."
chocolate The Penderwicks in Spring, Jeanne Birdsall 4/5/18 p. 273 "But the chocolate came through with a teeny jolt of pleasure"
egg The Penderwicks in Spring, Jeanne Birdsall 4/5/18 p. 32 "Do you think it's a dinosaur egg turned into a fossil?"
festival Air Awakens, Elise Kova p. 113 "It was the start of the festival."
freight Project Elfhome, Wen Spencer 4/10/18 p. 425 "It should be on its way to the freight yard."
green Dark in Death, J.D. Robb 4/8/18 p. 296 "He's not going to give it a green at this time."
nest The Penderwicks in Spring, Jeanne Birdsall 4/5/18 p. 194 "and was that a bird's nest on one of the branches?"
rabbit Dark in Death, J.D. Robb 4/8/18 p. 266 "She ran like a rabbit."
relevant Clean Sweep, Ilona Andrews 4/13/18 p. 58 'It didn't mention anything relevant."
once Sweep in Peace, Ilona Andrews 4/14/18 p. 13 "because once you saw them"

Bonus

goal Sweep in Peace, Ilona Andrews 4/14/18 p. 181"They have severed everything else in favor of their goal."
relent
scrambled One Fell Sweep, Ilona Andrews 4/14/18 p. 32 "scrambled on my hands and knees"
tan Clean Sweep, Ilona Andrews 4/13/18 p.38 "A man in a tan uniform marched up"

LEFTOVERS

billionaire All By Myself, Alone, Mary Higgins Clark 4/18/18 p. 171 "Gregory Morrison was a flamboyant billionaire"
gauntlet Sweep in Peace, Ilona Andrews 4/14/18 p. 290 "There was a gauntlet in my lap."
gushed One Fell Sweep, Ilona Andrews 4/14/18 p. 171 "Blood gushed from the werewolf's chest."
joyride One Fell Sweep, Ilona Andrews 4/14/18 p. 89 "Someone was joyriding a very loud motorcycle"

message 38: by Tamecia (last edited Apr 03, 2018 11:10PM) (new)

Tamecia | 56 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018

April:

bud
chocolate
egg
festival
freight
green
nest
rabbit
relevant
once

Bonus:

cocoa
goal
relent
scrambled
tan

message 39: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1379 comments Done.

Words found: 10/10
Bonus words found: 5/5

1. BUD — The Pride of Lions by Marsha Canham ✔ 1 Apr
LOC 4931: Her mouth reached greedily for the hard bud of his nipple and she sampled it with slow, swirling probes of her tongue.

2. CHOCOLATE — The Gold Coin by Andrea Kane ✔ 4 Apr
p. 331: She perched on a side chair, reaching for the cup of chocolate that was sitting atop her nightstand.

3. EGG — The Gold Coin by Andrea Kane ✔ 4 Apr
p. 64: “Lady Anastasia,” he said at last, “part of being a sound investor is avoiding putting all your eggs in one basket.”

4. FESTIVAL — Pale Moon Rider by Marsha Canham ✔ 2 Apr
p. 271: Even so, we sould not have missed the festivities for all the rain in the world.

5. FREIGHT — The Gold Coin by Andrea Kane ✔ 4 Apr
p. 50: Iron cranes loaded and unloaded cargo from the various ships tied up in the harbor, and a stream of workers shuttled freight into the slew of waiting warehouses.

6. GREEN — The Silver Coin by Andrea Kane ✔ 5 Apr
p. 15: She placed the box on a low table in the hallway, and lifted out two small dolls, both with red hair and green eyes.

7. NEST — The Pride of Lions by Marsha Canham ✔ 1 Apr
LOC 455: I admit to a certain penchant for poking the odd hornet’s nest meself, but our bold Mr. Montgomery came right out and whacked it with a stick.

8. RABBIT — Pale Moon Rider by Marsha Canham ✔ 2 Apr
p. 364: Rather like rabbits feeling into the fox's den to take shelter from a storm.

9. RELEVANT — The Silver Coin by Andrea Kane ✔ 5 Apr
p. 75: However, that’s irrelevant.

10. ONCE — The Silver Coin by Andrea Kane ✔ 5 Apr
p. 25: The ship’s doctor assured me the sickness will ease once you’re home, with both feet planted firmly on land.

Bonus
1. COCOA — Pale Moon Rider by Marsha Canham ✔ 2 Apr
p. 148: It was a gritty and bitter drink, very nearly unpalatable, having not been beaten or frothed long enough to remove all the lumps of cocoa butter.

2. GOAL — The Blood of Roses by Marsha Canham ✔ 1 Apr
LOC 280: And since I am only six years shy of that goal, the pressure, as you call it, is not too dreadfully overwhelming.

3. RELENT — The Blood of Roses by Marsha Canham ✔ 1 Apr
LOC 2188: Not even when I pointed out the possibility of her being grossly abused, or that Rosewood Hall could well be burned down about her ears, not even then would she relent!

4. SCRAMBLED — The Blood of Roses by Marsha Canham ✔ 1 Apr
LOC 699: Lauren scrambled to her knees.

5. TAN — The Pride of Lions by Marsha Canham ✔ 1 Apr
LOC 2390: His eyes sparkled and a hint of ruddiness crept up beneath hi tan, drawing attention to the length of his lashes, the glossy thickness of his hair, even the roguish shadow of a stubble on his jaw.

The Pride of Lions by Marsha Canham The Blood of Roses by Marsha Canham Pale Moon Rider by Marsha Canham The Gold Coin (Coin, #1) by Andrea Kane The Silver Coin (Coin, #2) by Andrea Kane

message 40: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Mojca wrote: "Done.

Words found: 10/10
Bonus words found: 5/5

1. BUD — The Pride of Lions by Marsha Canham ✔ 1 Apr
LOC 4931: Her mouth reached greedily for the hard bud of h..."

Whoa - congrats Mojca!!

message 41: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 249 comments finished on post #5

message 42: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Great work - congrats Georgina!!

message 43: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 595 comments Finished, see message 7! :)

Thanks Jane!

Ready for May, lol!

message 44: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Rissa wrote: "Finished, see message 7! :)

Thanks Jane!

Ready for May, lol!"

Congrats Rissa! See you in May...

message 45: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1191 comments Finished - Thanks for a great Challenge!

Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 April 2018

10/10 words | 5/5 bonus | 15/15 books read

Words:

bud - Pg 14 - The partnership with Bud working out? - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
chocolate - Pg 22 - catching a piece of the chocolate fondant - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
egg - Loc 933 - there was one precious fresh egg - Theirs to Protect Stasia Black - 4/7
festival - Loc 870 - some of the bigger music festivals before going on this tour - Claiming Addison Zoey Derrick - 4/11
freight - Loc 2233 - hit me like a f*cking freight train - Claiming Addison Zoey Derrick - 4/11
green - Pg 184 - A bluish green hue was glowing - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
nest - Pg 56 - hair looked like a rat's nest - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
rabbit - Deeper down the rabbit hole - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
relevent - Loc 2262 - a similar situation really isn't relevant - Twisted Helen Hardt - 4/14
once - Once we sat down to eat - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4

Bonus:
cocoa - Pg 258 - a hot cocoa kit - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
goal - Pg 51 - and his goal is to make you - Gentleman Nine Penelope Ward - 4/4
relent - Pg 71 - He relented. For now. - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
scrambled - Pg 36 - She scrambled back - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5
tan - Pg 112 - pulled the rolled-up tan towel - At Wolf Ranch Jennifer Ryan - 4/5

Books Used:
Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward At Wolf Ranch (Montana Men, #1) by Jennifer Ryan Theirs to Protect by Stasia Black Claiming Addison (69 Bottles, #1) by Zoey Derrick Twisted (Steel Brothers Saga, #8) by Helen Hardt

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments All done! Thanks Jane. Fun as usual :)

2018 April Word Hunt

Regular words: 10/10 found

✓ Bud: Foodies Rush In by Tanya Eby (08/04) ★★
"...hate to tell you this, bud , but I sort of don't buy all that new age..." Loc 762 of 2917

✓ Chocolate: Play Me by Katie McCoy (04/04) ★★★
"I'm going all out on chocolate chips." Loc 465 of 3338

✓ Egg: Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole (09/04) ★★★★
"....each looping pattern on the egg ..." Page 14

✓ Festival: Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh (15/04) ★★★★
"Lijuan was at a winter festival during the entire span..." Page 179

✓ Freight: Hot Single Dad by Claire Kingsley (02/04) ★★★
"I saw you come down that elevator and it was like being hit by a freight train." Page 117

✓ Green: Play Me by Katie McCoy (04/04) ★★★
"...platinum blonde hair painted sea green ." Loc 385 of 3338

✓ Nest: Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole (09/04) ★★★★
"...he puts the vase in on its side amidst a nest of bubble wrap." Page 272

✓ Rabbit: Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole (09/04) ★★★★
"Welcome back to the rabbit hole..." Page 32

✓ Relevant: Kissing Tolstoy by Penny Reid (09/04) ★★★
"...eventually asked the most relevant questions bouncing around..." Page 42

✓ Once: Hot Single Dad by Claire Kingsley (02/04) ★★★
"But once I thought about it, I realized it was perfect." Page 11

Foodies Rush In by Tanya Eby Play Me (Players, #2) by Katie McCoy Free Hostage by S. Ann Cole Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6) by Nalini Singh Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends 3) by Claire Kingsley Kissing Tolstoy (Dear Professor, #1) by Penny Reid

Bonus words: 5/5 found
✓ Cocoa: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley (04/04) ★★★
"...I'll make cocoa and introduce you to my kids." Page 227

✓ Goal: Play Me by Katie McCoy (04/04) ★★★
"...now that you've reached your goal ..." Loc 1372 of 3338

✓ Relent: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley (04/04) ★★★
"I didn't relent to that..." Page 518

✓ Scrambled: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley (04/04) ★★★
"I scrambled to my feet as Valenzuela turned back to me." Page 537

✓ Tan: Hot Single Dad by Claire Kingsley (02/04) ★★★
"...form-fitting black pants, and tan wedge heels." Page 35

Walk Through Fire (Chaos, #4) by Kristen Ashley Play Me (Players, #2) by Katie McCoy Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends 3) by Claire Kingsley

message 47: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19323 comments Congrats Karen & Nicole!!

message 48: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2744 comments I am losing the battle this month. =/

message 49: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 260 comments Calila wrote: "I am losing the battle this month. =/"

I can't find freight and relent. I've found relented and relenting, but no relent...who knew that would be a difficult word!

message 50: by Calila (last edited Apr 18, 2018 12:59PM) (new)

Calila | 2744 comments Liz (Bugetta) wrote: "Calila wrote: "I am losing the battle this month. =/"

I can't find freight and relent. I've found relented and relenting, but no relent...who knew that would be a difficult word!"

I have found EVERY iteration of "relent" except ya know..."relent". LOL

I have freight and relent left this month too so far. I just finally found a unhyphenated Cocoa. Then I still have sideshow & jigsaw rolledover to find.

« previous 1