Christian Readers discussion

Baptisms: One? Many? Or Both?
This topic is about Baptisms
80 views
Book Discussions > Baptisms of the Bible

Comments Showing 1-50 of 155 (155 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Baptisms - One? Many? Or Both?

Ephesians 4:5 - "One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"

Hebrews 6:2 - "Of the doctrine of baptisms..."
_______________

There is so much confusion about the various baptisms mentioned in the New Testament. Many people think that every time they see the word "baptism" that water is involved.

* Did you know that there are eight or more "baptisms" mentioned in the New Testament?

* Did you know that not all of the baptisms noted in the Bible are for Christians?

* Did you know that there are only two baptism types in the Bible that actually say that water is involved? Two others may include water.

* Did you know that only one of these water baptisms should be practiced by Christians?

This book is an effort to help bring clarity to the various baptisms mentioned and taught in the Bible. If one does not understand which baptism they are speaking about, misunderstanding and erroneous interpretations are sure to follow.


John McCann | 308 comments "Without the baptism of the Holy Spirit, with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues, you are going to have little revelation of holiness, little revelation of power, and little revelation of Jesus."
---Jimmy Swaggart

I miss that guy!

Jesus also mentioned a baptism of suffering (Matt. 20:22-23).


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
John wrote: ""Without the baptism of the Holy Spirit, with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues, you are going to have little revelation of holiness, little revelation of power, and little revelati..."

My response: There are 8 to 10 baptisms mentioned in the Bible (depending on how one defines a couple of them). The premise of this book is pretty simple...

Find every reference to baptism in the Bible, study each of them in light of their elements, and prayerfully help to clear up some of the confusion.


message 4: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle I've been water Baptized but i'm still waiting on some Holy Spirit tongue babbling... But as long as Jimmy did it! Funny eh John?

I think we are taking something wonderfully simple and confusing the crap out of it. Mostly to impress people we shouldn't be impressing with our super spirituality.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Rod wrote: "...I think we are taking something wonderfully simple and confusing t..."

Hi Rod,

If there are 8 to 10 baptisms mentioned in the NT and if people think they are all about "water", don't you think that there might be some confusion?

I agree that most of these "baptism" passages are indeed "wonderfully simple" when read in context.

Sadly, there is much confusion around the subject.


message 6: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Robert I have watched many people make almost entire religions out of Baptisms.

At the end of the day I just do what the thief on the cross did.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Rod wrote: "Robert I have watched many people make almost entire religions out of Baptisms.

At the end of the day I just do what the thief on the cross did."


I hope you got the book when it was on the FREE ebook promotion on Amazon... based on your comment, I think you might like it.

Your comment seems to reflect part of the reason that I wrote the book. I pray that some who read it will be able to avoid some of the "extremes".


John McCann | 308 comments I was baptized in a Southern Baptist church, but many years later, as I was visiting an Apostolic Church, I felt that I should be baptized in Jesus' Name according to Acts 2:38. The pastor of the church told me that another pastor that I knew had been baptized in Jesus' Name years ago in this church. I want all of what Jesus has regardless of denominational traditions.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
John wrote: "I was baptized in a Southern Baptist church, but many years later, as I was visiting an Apostolic Church, I felt that I should be baptized in Jesus' Name according to Acts 2:38. The pastor of the c..."

Hi John,

I hope you picked up the FREE ebook when it was available on Amazon. It would be interesting to hear what you think about it.


message 10: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John McCann | 308 comments Rod wrote: "Mostly to impress people we shouldn't be impressing with our super spirituality. "

Yes, Rod, I agree. The Spirit of God should led to humility of self and exaltation of Jesus.




message 11: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John McCann | 308 comments Robert, Only the "See more at: Christ-like" brings up your book from your profile. From there I can go to Amazon from a review.

The "Get a copy at: Amazon, etc" does not take me to your book on Amazon or the other sites?


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
John wrote: "Robert, Only the "See more at: Christ-like" brings up your book from your profile. From there I can go to Amazon from a review.

The "Get a copy at: Amazon, etc" does not take me to your book on..."


Sorry John,

This thread was intended more as a "discussion" thread. It was started a week before the FREE Amazon day.

I posted the FREE ebook in several other threads... I guess I forgot to add it to this thread. Sorry.


message 13: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments W-a W-a no Holy Ghost yes, Blub in mouth (dove) St Matthew 3:16.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "W-a W-a no Holy Ghost yes, Blub in mouth (dove) St Matthew 3:16."

Now that is funny!

There are 8 to 10 baptisms mentioned in the Bible. Two of these specifically mention water... about half of them are NOT for Christians... one of them may be for some Christians... etc.

This was definitely a very interesting study to conduct.


message 15: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments When I received the Holy Ghost or Spirit God put a vision on me to get me to open my mouth. The vision was a preacher had left one of the churches that I went to before I was saved. In the vision the preacher was in trouble, and I said God help that BOY on the word boy the Spirit entered my mouth went down my throat, 30 days after I received my new heart. Jesus received it the first breath that He took when He came out of the water it never "Lighting on Him " as it reads. It has nothing to do with tongues.

Water baptism is a waste of time, and not necessary. I'm not empressed on how much time you spent. Why would it work for Peter, and not work for John?

That was Paul, Peter or John, that said you need to dunk'em. John got it right when he said a person needs the other baptism in the Holy Ghost or Spirit. St Matthew 3:11 John also said "A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. St John 3: 27; Ezekiel is correct, the heart I was born with was removed, and I was given a new heart. 36:26-25-27. KJB of 1611.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "I'm not empressed on how much time you spent."

My response: If it was important enough to God to include so much about baptisms in the Bible... it is important enough to me!


message 17: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 16 Robert: God can't and never have been able to control what is in the Bible. It is a mess. St John 3:16 shouldn't be in the Bible. and St Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Biblically man can't do a thing to help man achieve salvation except God did use a church for my salvation. I was saved at a gas station after I left a protestant church. I did feel the convictive spirit the night that I went to the Alter. Salvation is physical THAT COMES FROM GOD, what are you going to TEACH ALL NATIONS? That John 3:16 is all you need.

There are two dead preachers on the Radio, even death can't stop their false doctrine. OR THE MONEY THEY BRING IN. Adrian Rogers yesterday said, a man opened his bible, and was born again.

You probably believe in the sacraments to, but in St Matthew 28:29 it reads (I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. (or at the end time when the saints are taken up to God and His kingdom)

Magee said today, Paul said it was OK to drink wine as long as you call it medicine. Around an Indian reservation they drink a lot of medicine.

The snakes and poison shouldn't be in the Bible. Luke said go by all the Bible because he traveled with Paul 4:4 BUT Jesus said go only by what came out of His mouth St Matthew 4:4 St Mark said in 16:17 (back to tongues which has nothing to do with the Holy Ghost) 16 Mark said or I assume he ment baptized in water shall be saved (which man can't do one thing, it all comes from the Lord)

15 what is the gospel to every creature? Eslam, Baptist, Catholic, Buda, The Jehovah's Witnesses will tell you Jesus was put in charge of the Earth in 1914, by God and the first thing Jesus did was kick Satan out of heaven down to the Earth. Never mind Isaiah 14:12 which said it happened back then.

Christianity is a mess, but you should get the nonfiction book "Unveiling Islam" by the Caner Brothers I have know way of knowing how any one could believe that. If I wrote a book like that, I would expect to be put away. If you urinate on yourself your screwed.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "16 Robert: God can't and never have been able to control what is in the Bible. It is a mess. St John 3:16 shouldn't be in the Bible. and St Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, bap..."

Sorry... God said He would protect the integrity of His Word and He has.

Check out every archeological find of Scriptures and you will find very little variation.

If God says it is important... IT IS IMPORTANT!


message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather Gillis (wwwgoodreadsheathergillis) | 2 comments Mickey wrote: "16 Robert: God can't and never have been able to control what is in the Bible. It is a mess. St John 3:16 shouldn't be in the Bible. and St Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, bap..."

Religion is a mess; Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is about having a deeper more meaningful relationship with God that has purpose and passion.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Heather wrote: "Mickey wrote: "16 Robert: God can't and never have been able to control what is in the Bible. It is a mess. St John 3:16 shouldn't be in the Bible. and St Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach a..."

Very well summarized Heather!


message 21: by Mickey (last edited Aug 09, 2014 11:46AM) (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 18 Robert: Who said God would protect the integrity of His word? Wasn't that Paul who benefits, with his false doctrine in the bible. How could Satan deceive all the nations without his rant in the Bible? Revalations 20:3 I will go along with archeological but what does that have to do with being saved?

19 Heather your a card in Genesis 6:6 It grieved God that He made man on the earth. God destroyed all but eight in Noah's day. They couldn't find 10 righteous people in Sodom and Gomorrah, He destroyed those two cities, but Robert he likes what you have to say. Ezekiel 36:26-25-27 happened to me physically that is how I know you don't know what your writting down Paul loves you too.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "18 Robert: Who said God would protect the integrity of His word? Wasn't that Paul who benefits, with his false doctrine in the bible. How could Satan deceive all the nations without his rant in the..."

God said it... in BOTH testaments.

Show me two credible archeological finds of Scripture that demonstrate any significant variation.

If all Scripture finds support the contents of each other... your argument is and eisegetical opinion.


message 23: by Mickey (last edited Aug 10, 2014 09:47AM) (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 22 Rpbert: The scriptures don't support each other, the preachers are extriemely blind. One of the worst is found in St Matthew 28:19 (I have already gave you the verse but your not paying attention) It reads go ye (in person) therefore, and teach all nations, (Which gospel? Islam, Buda, Hindu, Mormon, Baptist, Catholic,) baptizing them(I'm assuming water) in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. St Matthew 3:11 (my baptism in water won't work you need the other baptism in the Holy Ghost, and God is the only one that can give you that)
Luke said go by all the Bible 4:4 St Matthew 4:4 Go by what Jesus said.
Mark 28:17 (They shall speak with new tongues) Tongues has nothing to do with the Holy Ghost. The Spirit is a (He or thing) St John 14:17 (He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.) 26 (He shall teach you all things,) 16:7 (I will send him unto you)

The Bible is full of verses that are wrong. St John 3:16 shouldn't be in the Bible. Genesis 6:6

Eisegetical? Who are you trying to impress me or God.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "22 Rpbert: The scriptures don't support each other, the preachers are extriemely blind. One of the worst is found in St Matthew 28:19 (I have already gave you the verse but your not paying attentio..."

Hi Mickey,

I requested different archeological finds of Scripture that showed marked differences.

May I assume from your non-provision of the requested information, that you have none?

I stand with God Who clearly states that His Word endures forever (in BOTH Testaments).


message 25: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 24 Robert: I have no idea what veses in the KJB of 1611 has to do with archeological finds of Scripture. I study the verses in the Bible I'm not a skeleton man.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "24 Robert: I have no idea what veses in the KJB of 1611 has to do with archeological finds of Scripture. I study the verses in the Bible I'm not a skeleton man."

If every archeological find of Scripture agrees with all existing Scripture... GOD HAS PROTECTED HIS WORD!

Just like he promised.

I assume that you have no compelling evidence to prove the Bible has been tampered with by man against God's will and His promises. My guess is all you have is your opinion.


message 27: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 26 Robert: God so loved the world St John 3:16 - It grieved God in his heart that He made man on the earth. Genesis 6:6 He loved them so much He killed all but eight that got on Noah's boat, He distroyed two cities when they couldn't find 10 that were righteous. Sounds like love to me. If you compare other verses Biblically, they don't make any sense.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "26 Robert: God so loved the world St John 3:16 - It grieved God in his heart that He made man on the earth. Genesis 6:6 He loved them so much He killed all but eight that got on Noah's boat, He dis..."

Perhaps there is a reason that they don't make any sense to you... your example makes perfect sense to me. God explains why it makes no sense to you...

1 Corinthians 2:14 - "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
_________________

Now back to God protecting His Word.

Question: Why have there been no archeological finds of Scripture, that show significant variation with existing finds?

Answer: God has promised to protect His Holy Word... and He has kept His promise!


message 29: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 28 Robert: Why speak in parables St Matthew 13:10 11 it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to Robert it is not given. 16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and Mickey's ears for they hear.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "28 Robert: Why speak in parables St Matthew 13:10 11 it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to Robert it is not given. 16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, a..."

So I am assuming that you do not have any examples of God NOT being capable of protecting His Holy Word as He promised He would?

Do you have any archeological Scripture finds where there are significant differences between the finds?

No? I did not think so!


message 31: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 30 Robert: Luke 4;4 and St Matthew 4:4. Luke because he traveled with Paul said go by all the Bible where Matthew said go by what came out of the mouth of God(Jesus)

St John 3:16 (Abovr 27) and Genesis 6:6

22 reply I have been giving you scriptures that are significant differences sense we started this dialogue.

God has never been able to protect His Holy Word. There are two dead preachers on the radio that are giving out a wrong Gospel message om the Radio. One Magee, says water in St John 3:5 means, "washing of the word" whatever that means. Adrain Rogers said the other day a man opened his bible and was born again.
Im sure they both would die for St John 3:16 (sorry the pun)


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "30 Robert: Luke 4;4 and St Matthew 4:4. Luke because he traveled with Paul said go by all the Bible where Matthew said go by what came out of the mouth of God(Jesus)

St John 3:16 (Abovr 27) and G..."


Just because you cannot comprehend them, does not make the Bible incomprehensible.

I want archeological finds that show the same verses saying significantly different things.

Your personal confusion does NOT invalidate God's ability to protect the integrity of His Holy Word, the Bible!

Do you have any such evidence? Or do you expect people to embrace your OPINIONS?

I assume you have no evidence to offer.


message 33: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 32 Robert: St John 3:15 (this verse is OK because it is a parable) (16 is not OK as in message 27) 15 "That whosoever believeth in him" believeth is a condition for the Spirit of Genesis to act or a catalyst. I believed in my heart that I could heal my mother, and it was the catalyst for the Spirit to give me a new heart. Ezekiel 36:26

But the mystery verses are in St John 10:37-38 14:11 (to believe on the works that Jesus did) and or there seems to be two kinds of people, those that can believe but they must receive the new heart as I did. 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believ me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, (the other kind of believe) believe the works: that ye may know and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: (the other kind of believeth) OR ELSE BELIEVE ME FOR THE VERY WORKS' SAKE.

3:15 should not perish, (should is iffy because a person needs at least one more thing to make it complete, The Holy Ghost, the same way Jesus received it in the mouth in St Matthew 3:16 (It never lighting on Him, but went in His mouth and down His throat on His first breath) St Matthew 20:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27 It was the New Spirit. (Holy Ghost)

3:15 but have eternal life. (timeless)

I'm not sure if I ever told you Robert but my Biblical name is Elijah of Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: I have nothing to do with the Elijah of the Old Testament, But some Bibles (even the King James of 1611) some have Elias name in the verse, but most Bibles have Elijah.

This should be as clear as mud at the least.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "32 Robert: St John 3:15 (this verse is OK because it is a parable) (16 is not OK as in message 27) 15 "That whosoever believeth in him" believeth is a condition for the Spirit of Genesis to act or ..."

So, the bottom line is you claim that God cannot and does not protect His Word... but you CANNOT account for the FACT that no archeological find demonstrates any significant differences in the Scriptures.

I guess you want me to believe you instead of God... ummm... not happening.

By the way, I know who you are!


message 35: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 34 Robert: The preachers say, and I can't verify that Noah preached for one hundred years. He managed to get 8 people on his boat. I have been at this sense 1968, I wish I could find 8 people. Which word is confounding you? (God has never been able to protect His Word?)

St Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "34 Robert: The preachers say, and I can't verify that Noah preached for one hundred years. He managed to get 8 people on his boat. I have been at this sense 1968, I wish I could find 8 people. Whic..."

Of course... you expect people to embrace your OPINION!

God has said that He would protect His Word... He HAS protected His Word... archeology verifies it... fulfilled prophesies verifies it... historical accuracy verifies it...

So my choice is
A) Believe God and His protected Word (with MUCH PROOF)
or
B) Believe Mickey and his OPINION (with NO PROOF)

This is not a difficult choice.


message 37: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 36 Robert: I have used verses to verify every word that I have ever wrote, it has never been about my OPINION. If I have forgot to mention the verse let me know.


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "36 Robert: I have used verses to verify every word that I have ever wrote, it has never been about my OPINION. If I have forgot to mention the verse let me know."

It is COMPLETELY about your OPINION!

You claim, CONTRARY TO GOD, that God is NOT capable of protecting His Word.

All you offer in defense of this claim is YOUR OPINION of a couple of verses that you don't comprehend.

* God IS CAPABLE to protect His Word (and HAS DONE SO)!
* Mickey seems INCAPABLE of understanding the Bible.

Now please offer archeological evidence that proves God could not protect His Word throughout the ages.

Your inability to comprehend the Bible is NOT PROOF of God's inabilities... but rather yours.


message 39: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 38 Robert: St John 5:43 (who wrote half of the New Testament wasn't that Paul Etc..) I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: (Jesus)(receive you should look the definition up)Ezekiel 36:26-25-27

If (he did) another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (believe) (that was Paul under the guidance of Lucifer Isaiah 14:13-14)

So we have half the New Testament that God never had anything to do with, is that enough for you? There are other verses in the Gospels that are nor Biblical, Like St John 3:16 Luke 4:4 St Matthew 28:19, St Mark 16: 16 - 17 - 18 Luke (all the first chapter of Luke) 24:45-47-49-50 Tongues has nothing to do with the Holy Ghost.

If God came down and told Robert in his ear, Robert would say,"that is not what Paul said."


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "38 Robert: St John 5:43 (who wrote half of the New Testament wasn't that Paul Etc..) I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: (Jesus)(receive you should look the definition up)Ezekiel ..."

God tells us He has preserved and protected His Word... He also tells us how to determine if someone is teaching FALSE DOCTRINE...

Acts 17:11 - "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, whether those things were so."

I have searched God's protected Word and found your teachings to be FALSE.

So, do you have anything substantive worth listening to?
_______________

So my choice is
A) Believe God and His protected Word (with MUCH PROOF)
or
B) Believe Mickey and his OPINION (with NO PROOF)

This is not a difficult choice.


message 41: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 40 Robert: The other half of 5:43 (Wasn't it Paul that came after Jesus?) You say I don't have proof, at least I use what Jesus spoke, a person can search the scriptures until they die, and if they are not born again physically it is in vain. Ezekiel 36:26-25-27


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "40 Robert: The other half of 5:43 (Wasn't it Paul that came after Jesus?) You say I don't have proof, at least I use what Jesus spoke, a person can search the scriptures until they die, and if they..."

God tells us He has preserved and protected His Word... He also tells us how to determine if someone is teaching FALSE DOCTRINE...

Acts 17:11 - "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY, whether those things were so."

I have searched God's protected Word and found your teachings to be FALSE.

So, do you have anything substantive worth listening to?
_______________

So my choice is
A) Believe God and His protected Word (with MUCH PROOF)
or
B) Believe Mickey and his OPINION (with NO PROOF)

This is not a difficult choice.


message 43: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 42 Robert: It is impossible for a person in their on mind to know what is true or false unless they have received the Spirit or Holy Ghost.St John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; (Holy Ghost or Spirit) whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, nither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, AND SHALL BE IN YOU. 26 HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS,


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "42 Robert: It is impossible for a person in their on mind to know what is true or false unless they have received the Spirit or Holy Ghost.St John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; (Holy Ghost or Spi..."

I disagree! God is RIGHT... Mickey is WRONG!

2 Timothy 3:16 - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Acts 17:11 - "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

I am so glad that I can TRUST GOD! He is excellent at overcoming DECEIVERS!


message 45: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 44 Robert: I'll shorten it up (Spirit in you) That is what a follower of a false prophet said, but Jesus said Paul shall come in his own name. St John 5:43. God never had anything to do with any writting from the Acts-Jude. When Lucifer was put out of heaven he said he would be over all the churches, that's why I don't go to any church. Isaiah 14:13-14


Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "44 Robert: I'll shorten it up (Spirit in you) That is what a follower of a false prophet said, but Jesus said Paul shall come in his own name. St John 5:43. God never had anything to do with any wr..."

Oh the difficult choice...
A) Believe the Word of God, the Bible
or
B) Believe the word of Mickey (which contradicts the Bible

NO DOUBT WHICH I WILL BELIEVE! GOD!

2 Timothy 3:16 - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Acts 17:11 - "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."


message 47: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 46 Robert: OK


message 48: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Mickey what book of the Bible do you FULLY trust?

Here is why I ask that:
Because the Bible is in 100% agreement. All 66 books are perfectly linked together in absolute theology. You can also find Jesus in every book of the Bible.

If you show me a book you fully trust - I will attempt to show you how every other book agrees with that book (and Yes, even all of Paul's writings.)


message 49: by Cay (new)

Cay Hasselmann | 33 comments The problem here is as long as we talk about things in the bible that cannot get us in trouble many say that the bible is the authority. Once you look at another part of the bible where it says: "But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne" (Matthew 5:34), I often see that most people that are using the word of the bible as their only authority start to spin interpretations just as the best theologians. So this verse is for me the lack-mus test if you really believe what the bible says and that you act accordingly, because that makes you believable.


message 50: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Interesting point Cay.

Many people who are NOT Isrealites try to claim their verses as applicable to them.

And, many people who do NOT live in the O.T. era or 1st century try to claim those verses as fully applicable to us.

And, as Israel ceased to exist for numerous centuries this greatly affected many peoples theology for the worst.

We must read the Bible carefully - and take it as a whole.


« previous 1 3 4
back to top