What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Past Forgiving
This topic is about Past Forgiving
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult book about a teenage girl with an abusive boyfriend. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gissel (new)

Gissel Valdez | 6 comments Hello,

So back in high school I read a young adult book and unfortunately I cannot remember the title or the author.

The book was about a teenage girl in an abusive relationship. She works at The Y, and her boyfriend is verbally and physically abusive, and near the end of the book, her rapes her in his car. He boyfriend seems to have an abusive father whom he talks about a few times throughout the story.

If anyone know the title or author of the book please help me! I am trying to buy every book I have ever read, and this one is the toughest to find.

Thank you all.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32189 comments Mod
Gissel, around what year did you read this book? This can help narrow down the search.

What type of work does she do at the YWCA or YMCA?

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Rosenberger (sarahatothek) | 37 comments Possibly Bitter End?

message 4: by Gissel (new)

Gissel Valdez | 6 comments Kris, I read this book in 2008. I don’t remember her specific job unfortunately, but I do remember it was a summer job that the boyfriend helped her obtain.

The book starts with him coaching her for the interview. Hope that helps.

Thanks a bunch.

message 5: by Gissel (new)

Gissel Valdez | 6 comments Kris and Sarah, I just want to let you guys know that I finally found the book. It's called "Past Forgiving" by Gloria D. Miklowitz.
Thank you for your help. Past Forgiving

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32189 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Gissel. Thanks for the update.