message 1: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Roux (daphnedelaroux) | 50 comments Mod
Starts August 11

message 2: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Roux (daphnedelaroux) | 50 comments Mod
Chapter 9
Straight from the book, first.

Exercises

1. Of all the divination methods you've ever tried which are you best at?

2. What forms of divination would you like to try or learn more about?

3. Do you feel that divination is accurate when employed to ascertain what the future will hold? How about when it's used to show what the future MAY hold? Why or why not?

4. What are some ways you could use divination for goal setting guidance?

5. How does practicing divination improve our magickal abilities?

message 3: by Rommy (new)

Rommy Cortez-Driks | 18 comments 1. Tarot. I enjoyed playing with it as a teen (until my dad said he was spooked by them) and then later, when I had a chance to study each card in depth, I found them to be very helpful.

2. Because of my interest in Asia, I'd really like to learn the I-Ching someday. I've also begun playing around with Lenormand cards, but it's a different mind set from tarot.

3. Yes, as long as you keep two principles in mind. The first is what I like to call the Christmas Carol principle. The cards can show you what is likely based on the energies at the moment, but if you, like Ebineezer Scrooge, aren't happy with what you see - change it!I think our choices determine the future choices we get offered and while some things are harder to change than others, quite a few can be altered or adjusted.

The second principle is what I call the Michael Jordan principle. You can be naturally talented at something, but natural talent means little if it isn't developed; Michael Jordan's natural ability would have gone nowhere without his dedication to improve. Divination is a skill like any other, so some people while they may be good, they may not be Michael Jordan good unless they devote time and energy to their skills.

A sub principle to this main one is that you don't have to be Michael Jordan to be good. There are great players at the high school, college and pro levels. You also don't have to be infallible to be great. Michael Jordan didn't sink every basket and Babe Ruth didn't make every hit a home run. They could do it far better and more reliably than the average untrained person, but never 100%

4. To help gauge the likelihood of your efforts working and see if the work requires any tweaking. Sometimes it has indicated that leaving things to a mundane approach is just fine.

5. I would say that it helps because its another way to learn to work with your intuition and perhaps understand different symbols and their importance to your personal path.