What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Gemini Summer
This topic is about Gemini Summer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen Fiction boy's brother reincarnated as dog Florida Space Launch. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison Ehrlich | 3 comments I read this book in middle school so about 10 years ago. It takes place in the early 70s. It starts off with two brothers who are really into the space mission and want to go to Florida to see the spaceship take off. They also really want a dog. At the same time the father is preparing for nuclear war (Cuban Missile Crisis) so he is having a bunker made in their front yard. For some reason half way though building the bunker they just give up and so there is this big muddy whole with a big pole sticking out of it. I don't remember how but the older brother falls in and ends up dying. A little while later the younger brother finds a dog and he thinks it is the reincarnation of his older brother. So the boy and the dog run away to Florida to go see the spaceship take off. I remember it was a sad book but had some lighthearted moments in it. I feel like the word Rocket might be in the title. I really hope you can help me out I have been looking for this book for years. Thank you!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Allison, please add some genre and plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for teen fiction.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Is it definitely for teen readers, rather than middle grade?

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison Ehrlich | 3 comments that's it!!!!

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison Ehrlich | 3 comments that's it!!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gemini Summer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Iain Lawrence (other topics)