Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > March 24th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaunesay (last edited Mar 24, 2018 07:15AM) (new)

Shaunesay Welcome to our 24 hour long read-a-thon. Each reader reads from 12:01am to 11:59pm in their local time zone.

To sign up simply start yourself a post to track what you've read during the read-a-thon. Edit your post throughout the read-a-thon to let everyone know which books you've read and your total number of pages. Feel free to copy our template if you'd like or to invent your own.

Currently reading:

Pages:

Finished:

Readers:

Adrianna
Alexandra
Areli Joy
Charity
Christina
Diana
Ellen
Jackie
Jonidyan
Karen
Katherine
Kayla
Kristina
Kristen
Lesa
Matilde
Nadia
Nicole
SexyNaughtyBitchyReads
Shoosh
Trisha

message 2: by Lesa (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:05PM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 94 comments I'm in....

TBR: The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima (171 pages)

Sword of Destiny (The Witcher, #2) by Andrzej Sapkowski (98 pages)

Total pages 269

message 3: by Polly (last edited Mar 24, 2018 04:53AM) (new)

Polly (pollydarling) | 7 comments Totally doing this!

Currently reading:

Finished:
The Trouble with Magic by Ruth Chew - 4/5 🌟
How Kirsty Jenkins Stole The Elephant by Elen Caldecott - 4/5 🌟

Total pages read: 371

message 4: by Michelle (last edited Mar 21, 2018 11:09AM) (new)

Michelle | 397 comments Last readathon before my finals :B

Currently reading: The Shining (The Shining, #1) by Stephen King The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees

Pages:

Finished:

message 5: by Trisha (last edited Mar 24, 2018 03:20PM) (new)

Trisha | 316 comments I’m in!

TBR:
Parliament of Rooks Haunting Brontë Country (Yorkshire Ghost Stories) by Karen Perkins

Pages read: 201

message 6: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Batista (booksbynadia) I'm in :)

Currently reading:

Pages:

Finished:

message 7: by Diana (last edited Mar 24, 2018 08:44PM) (new)

Diana (gwenivere27) | 24 comments Hopefully, I can do this one without unexpected guests dropping by, and stopping me.

Currently reading: The Great Halifax Explosion A World War I Story of Treachery, Tragedy, and Extraordinary Heroism by John U. Bacon , and Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire

Pages: 189

Finished: Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire

message 8: by Kristina Simon (last edited Mar 25, 2018 06:25AM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) Looking forward to it!

Currently reading:
Just Kids by Patti Smith ~ p. 92 ➜ p. 180
New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) by J.D. Robb ~ p. 21 ➜ 27

Pages: 352

Finished:
Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1) by Christine Wenger

message 9: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Why do I do this?

CR:

Pages read:

Books finished:

message 10: by Ellen (last edited Mar 24, 2018 04:37PM) (new)

Ellen Marcolongo | 60 comments Currently reading: Summer for the Gods The Scopes Trial and America's Continuing Debate Over Science and Religion by Edward J. Larson

Pages: 318

Finished: Summer for the Gods The Scopes Trial and America's Continuing Debate Over Science and Religion by Edward J. Larson

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 85 comments I'm having surgery that day, but I want to try to get some reading done. We'll see how it goes though.

message 12: by Katherine (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:22PM) (new)

Katherine | 103 comments 24 Hour Read-a-thons > March 24th, 2018

💜 Bedknobs and Broomsticks - 72 pages
💜 Eau de Merlin - 174 pages
💜 Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants - 100 pages
💜 Alone, Until I Get Home - 128 pages
💜 Say I Love You, Vol. 9 - 70 pages

Pages: 544 pages

Finished:
Bedknobs and Broomsticks by Mary Norton Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4) by Dav Pilkey Say I Love You, Vol. 9 by Kanae Hazuki

SexyNaughtyBitchyReads (sexynaughtyreads) | 3 comments I’m in. I’m not gonna do the page count because I’m listening to audiobooks. But I will do how many books I read during that time

message 14: by Kristen (last edited Mar 24, 2018 05:46PM) (new)

Kristen  (kiwicanread) | 38 comments I've been itching to do a 24hr readathon lately. :)

TBR: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

Pages Read: 244

FAIL! My goal for today was to finish this whole book, and I didn't even get 40% in. xD I tried. Today was just not my day.

message 15: by Shoosh (new)

Shoosh | 1 comments TBR:
Books Read:

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Smith | 2 comments Finally a 24 hour read-a-thon that I'm not working for! I'm in :)

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina (foreverinbloom) | 3 comments I planned on doing one this weekend, so it'll be cool to have others participating too 😊

message 18: by Adrianna [SypherLily] (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:46AM) (new)

Adrianna [SypherLily] (sypherlily) | 261 comments I'll join, I am traveling that day, so I can read in the morning and at night. We'll see how much I can fit in >:)

TBR: To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner

message 19: by Joni (last edited Mar 26, 2018 09:42AM) (new)

Joni | 88 comments 177pgs Total

All the Summer Girls26pgs
The Velvet Promise (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #1)32pgs
Time of My Life119pgs

message 20: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay I have everyone linked up to this point.

message 21: by Alexandra (last edited Mar 25, 2018 02:08AM) (new)

Alexandra Nunney (alexandracn) | 105 comments I thought I'd be working all of tomorrow but I've now found out I'll be working none of tomorrow so I am so down for a cosy reading day!

Currently Reading: Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75) by Stephenie Meyer

Pages Read : ........179 pages

Books completed (AKA Wishful Thinking) : Hahahahahahahaha

message 22: by Charity (Reading at Midnight) (last edited Mar 24, 2018 11:03PM) (new)

Charity (Reading at Midnight) (charitysbooks) | 2 comments I'm in! (last minute but totally up for it!)

TBR:
Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

Currently reading: Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

Pages: 174 + 118 = 292

Finished: Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire 4 stars

message 23: by Shaunesay (last edited Mar 23, 2018 10:10PM) (new)

Shaunesay It's a little after midnight for me! Anyone up and reading?

I'll be reading Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2) by Naomi Novik and hopefully finishing it this weekend!

message 24: by Diana (new)

Diana (gwenivere27) | 24 comments I'm still up and reading Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire . Which I'm almost finished with. I'm going to bed soon though.

message 25: by Nicole (last edited Mar 24, 2018 09:23PM) (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) I'm in. Was just late to post!

Currently reading: The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1) by Denise Grover Swank Island Games Mystery of the Four Quadrants by Caleb J. Boyer Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Darktown (Darktown, #1) by Thomas Mullen

Pages: 75

Hours Listened: 4

Finished: Island Games Mystery of the Four Quadrants by Caleb J. Boyer

message 26: by Karen (last edited Mar 25, 2018 06:08AM) (new)

Karen (karinlib) | 1050 comments Mod
Oops, I forgot to sign up. Oh well.

Currently reading: And Ladies of the Club

Pages read: 91 pages

Books finished: A Ring of Endless Light

message 27: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Good morning everyone!

Let us know the setting of your current book, and if you'd like to vacation there!

In mine, they started in England and are on their way to China by sea, but so far it hasn't sounded like a luxury cruise, so I'm going to pass on a vacation there! ;)

And now for some coffee and more reading!

message 28: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Nunney (alexandracn) | 105 comments Shaunesay wrote: "Good morning everyone!

Let us know the setting of your current book, and if you'd like to vacation there!

In mine, they started in England and are on their way to China by sea, but so far it has..."

My current book is set in a little town called Forks. It's a re-imagining of a very under-the-radar series that never garnered very much attention at all :').
I'd like to travel there because I have major wanderlust but since it sounds pretty much like here in England, right down to the dreary weather, I might as well just head out into my local forest.

message 29: by Diana (new)

Diana (gwenivere27) | 24 comments Shaunesay wrote: "Good morning everyone!

Mine takes place in a portal world called The Moors. It's a perfect setting for all of the gothic novels out there. So no I would not want to visit.

message 30: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) The book I started with this morning is set in upstate New York, on the shores of Lake Ontario. It sounds like it would be a great place to visit in the summer. The story takes place about now, though, and the roof of a building has just collapsed under the weight of all the snow. When I put the book down to make some lunch, my heroes were digging people out of the rubble. So, I think I'd like to visit the town in my book, but not during the winter!

message 31: by Lesa (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:28AM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 94 comments I'm in the mountains city of Fellsmarch in the book The Demon King nah i don't want no vacation there. Demons running the streets wizards sitting side by side with the Queen. Kid street gangs are robberies and murders. Queen's guards torturing people. Nope I'll stay away. Lol.
I'm also reading Sword of Destiny and Geralt is around dwarves, sorceresses, dragons and a lot if sword fighting. Nah not my dream vacation lol.

message 32: by Karen (last edited Mar 24, 2018 12:12PM) (new)

I am reading And Ladies of the Club, which is set in a small town in Ohio, starting in 1868. The Civil War has been over for 3 years, so there is some discussion (I am only 80 pages in out of 1433) of Veterans, family members who died during the war, and Grant being nominated for president. I am not sure I would have liked living 150 years ago.

message 33: by Kristen (new)

Kristen  (kiwicanread) | 38 comments I'm reading The Final Empire and it's set in a terrible world where the Dark Lord took over and no, no I do not want to live there. lol

message 34: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) How are people doing?

message 35: by Kristen (new)

Kristen  (kiwicanread) | 38 comments I've hit a wall! lol Taking a break.

message 36: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) I've just finished my first book. Taking a short break to catch up on Goodreads groups and then I'll start in on my next one!

message 37: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 94 comments I've gotten in a little over 100 pages total. Just woke up from a nap. Have to get in my naps when my 2 year old does. Now I'm back to reading once I get back from the store. Need a bottle of wine. 😀

message 38: by Shaunesay (last edited Mar 24, 2018 09:28PM) (new)

Shaunesay Only about 30 minutes left for me! I haven't gotten as far as I might have liked today, but I have made progress!

I hope you've all had a great day, don't forget our next read-a-thon is the Week long for April, and starts next Saturday! our next 24 hour read-a-thon will be April 28th - which is also the same day as the Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon, so you get 2 for the price of 1 that day! It doesn't look like they've posted sign ups yet, but you can watch The Dewey's Blog for those to go us, and there is also a Dewey's Read-a-thon Goodreads Group!

message 39: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 316 comments Kristen wrote: "I've been itching to do a 24hr readathon lately. :)

TBR: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

Pages Read: 244

FAIL! My goal for today was to finish this whole book, and I didn't even get 40% in...."

I’m so glad you said that! I had one of those days too - everything happened to stop me reading. Eventually read 201 pages, but found the book I’d looked forward to reading wasn’t as good as expected.

message 40: by Diana (new)

Diana (gwenivere27) | 24 comments I always seem to have visitors stop by unannounced when I'm trying to do a readathon. At least I finished one book. SMH

message 41: by Karen (new)

Thanks Shaunesay!

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 71 comments I'm in
TBR: Redeployment by Phil Klay Wyoming Ghost Stories Eerie True Tales by Debra D. Munn The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Pages:

Finished:

message 43: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Join us this Saturday for the 24-hour Read-a-thon of April! Here is the sign-up/tracking thread:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.