Christian Speculative Fiction discussion

Book Promotions > Share your work here

Comments Showing 1-50 of 228 (228 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin Coogle | 91 comments So I've already seen two new people post for the first time and, unsurprisingly, it was related to their new work. Now I don't want to shut down people's excitement or drive to look for new audiences. But I do feel it's important to not begin your engagement with a focused group of writers as a salesman first and community member second. Thus, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a single topic thread where everyone could post their work and shamelessly link to their books they wish to share/be read/purchased/be reviewed by others.

For example: My book is Kingdom Come, the story of Jason Collins, a young rookie demon hunter, who in the midst of figuring out who he is and where he belongs, encounters a plot designed by Baal to overcome the church and the world there after.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Come-J...

message 2: by Jan (new)

Jan Fallon There was no intention of breaking an unknown rule. My apologies, Jan

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin Coogle | 91 comments No Jan I didn't mean to accuse you of anything. I just felt with newcomers eager to share their work, it'd just be better to funnel those kinds of posts into one collective discussion so that those types of posts don't clutter the discussion threads, if that makes sense.

It's a common thing in many other groups, and I thought it'd work nicely here

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 500 comments Mod
I think this is a good idea! It helps us get to know each other a little better.

My book is called Gryphendale:

"When Autumn, a human from our world, investigates a lone door in the woods, she is thrust into a faerie realm ruled by the evil wizard, Maldamien. Immediately, she is cursed to look like a child with her memories erased. She must depend on a scholarly satyr, Puck, to help break the curse and unravel the mysteries surrounding her, including the photo she holds of the missing faerie Queen. At the same time, Sage Goliad, a Huldra hero of the people, and Toble, the elderly Dryad inventor, must piece together the newest plot by Maldamien before he destroys the world and becomes a god."

Gryphendale

I have a fantasy fiction trilogy that I am trying to get published as we speak so I will most definitely be posting my happy dance when I succeed!

message 5: by Steve (new)

Steve Pillinger | 514 comments Mod
Justin wrote: "… I thought it'd be a good idea to have a single topic thread where everyone could post their work and shamelessly link to their books they wish to share/be read/purchased/be reviewed by others."

I think this is a great idea, Justin; and, as you say, it's what's done in quite a few other groups.

Jan, we're delighted to have you with us, and as Justin said please don't consider these comments as a rebuke of any kind. There's nothing on our home page about this, so you can't be blamed for starting your own thread. But we do hope you'll stick around a bit and take part in some of the discussions so we can start getting to know you.

I also hope, as Lara said, that we can get to know one another by reading what others in the group have written. So with that in mind, let me jump on the bandwagon and also share my debut novel with you all:

It's a general Christian speculative fiction book called The Mindruler , and it's about four ordinary people who suddenly find themselves caught up in a mediaeval battle on an alien world. Rescued by the losing side, they discover that they have been brought here to help restore "The Way of the One True God". They are drawn into battle against such an overwhelming evil that only by working together in total reliance on the One can they have any hope of success—or survival.

The Mindruler (Mindrulers, # 1) by Steve Pillinger .

There are two sequels 'mostly' written!

message 6: by Steve (new)

Lara wrote: "My book is called Gryphendale…"

I tried to add your book to my to-read list, Lara, but I found it's only available in paperback—is that right? For me way down here in South Africa that presents certain difficulties… Do you have a digital version at all? Or a PDF from your original manuscript?

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter Younghusband (peteryounghusband) | 66 comments It is available on Kindle on Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...

message 8: by Steve (new)

Right! Thanks for pointing that out, Peter. The Kindle edition is not listed in Goodreads, though. Lara, can I add that edition to your GR listing, or would you like to do it yourself? (I need it to be in GR so I can add it to my books.)

message 9: by Peter (new)

Peter Younghusband (peteryounghusband) | 66 comments I have added your novel, Steve, to my TBR list!

message 10: by Steve (new)

Thanks, Peter! I hope you enjoy it.

message 11: by Jan (new)

Jan Fallon Thank you for the feedback and the introductions. Do you think I should repost here, and delete my initial thread?

I am excited to read your books and having a central post to find them all is much better.

I didn't mean to sound all about sales. I am excited to find a group in Goodreads where I could share to similar authors.

Cheers to all, and I'll stick around for sure.

Campsite Six

message 12: by David (new)

David Bergsland (david_bergsland) | 75 comments Invasion (Tales of Mighty men Book 1) by David Bergsland My first series is Tales of Mighty Men a tale of betrayal and the invasion of the southwestern United States by a Mexican army with the backing of China and the cooperation of the administration.
From New Mexico, the land of enchantment, and its history of mighty men comes a modern tale of conflict:
Deborah “Stones” Jackson at the ripe, old age of 31 had thought she was done with the covert life. The gut shot during the op in Eastern Afghanistan, compounded by the care of the Jalalabad hospital, had nearly killed her. Ralph, her boss at Black Sail in Maryland, had finally gotten her to Germany for emergency care. Then he sent her back to New Mexico to recover. She wasn’t sure she’d be going back.
But a calling rarely lets up, and Stones was meant for combat. The new foe is devious, coming up from Chihuahua, with support in surprising places. She’d never been faced with traitorous Americans, amazing wealth, and the sheer nastiness of an oppressed people demanding freedom.
Cut off from the East with no resources, Deborah discovers that God has a plan for her which she could never have dreamed—far beyond her wildest imaginations. She’d have to deal with her mother, the pastor, who was a legendary assassin?!
You get it almost anywhere online: https://books2read.com/b/mV7JBp or Amazon, of course: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

message 13: by Jan (new)

Jan Fallon Congratulations, David!

message 14: by Lara (new)

I think the problem with the kindle edition is that I keep messing with the settings of it. I am currently working on getting an audiobook version made and keep changing the file settings. I'll post again when I get it fixed.

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Salisbury | 220 comments Mod
Hi all. I agree, it's good to be able to see what everyone's writing all in one place, and be able to pick up some ideas for what to spend my birthday money on. ;)
I figured I'd post my first book here too. It's a retelling of Moses's birth with quirky characters, strange alien worlds, and a science fiction twist on the original.

Courage (The Legacy Chronicles, #1) by Lauren H. Salisbury

message 16: by Jan (new)

Jan Fallon Happy Birthday, Lauren and thank you for posting your first book. That sounds interesting! I will take a deeper look!

Campsite Six by Jan Fallon

message 17: by Steve (new)

Thanks David and Lauren, I have yours on my TBR list!

No problem, Lara, I'll wait till I hear from you about your Kindle version.

message 18: by Steve (new)

Jan, it's up to you, but it might be good to have all our book postings in the same place. That's my feeling, anyway.

message 19: by Jan (last edited Mar 20, 2018 02:17PM) (new)

Jan Fallon Hello Readers,

My name is Jan Fallon, I am the author of Campsite Six , a speculative-suspense Christian novel that is ready for you to read and review here at Goodreads and on Amazon.

Campsite Six is about Evie Clayborn, a young professional who wants to get away. She escapes the city to find some rest at a secluded campsite, but Campsite Six isn't as secluded as she thinks. She has to run. Her life depends on it. Now she wonders, which is worse—being lost or found?

"I didn't know I would love Campsite Six as much as I did. I so looked forward to the end of my day when I could return to my thoughts about Evie. I was intrigued with her whereabouts. Each short chapter drew me in and kept my attention. In the end, I was captivated with the twists, turns, and answers that would satisfy the thoughts that had my heart racing."

Be one of the first to enjoy a captivating story. Campsite Six invites readers to root for Evie during her most vulnerable moments, to care deeply about her loss and life, and identify their own fears and faith through a fantastic lens that lets their minds wonder about redemption, eternity, and the nearness of God.

You have to read it to believe it!

Thank you and I look forward to meeting you!

Jan

Campsite Six by Jan Fallon

message 20: by Jan (new)

Jan Fallon Justin wrote: "So I've already seen two new people post for the first time and, unsurprisingly, it was related to their new work. Now I don't want to shut down people's excitement or drive to look for new audienc..."

Justin - as moderator, if you prefer to delete my original thread (New Release Ready to Read...), please do. I don't have permission to do so.

Thanks for the new thread, it's much more engaging.

Jan

message 21: by Justin (new)

Justin Coogle | 91 comments Jan wrote: "Justin wrote: "So I've already seen two new people post for the first time and, unsurprisingly, it was related to their new work. Now I don't want to shut down people's excitement or drive to look ..."

Lol, well i'm not a moderator. I just wanted to help keep things organized so that we can all fellowship well. It's really not a big deal, I think we're all on the same page now.

message 22: by Justin (new)

Justin Coogle | 91 comments Also I forgot to post my cover, lol woops. Personally I thought my artist did a stellar job and her work on the sequel's cover art thus far has been promising!

Kingdom Come by Justin Coogle

message 23: by Steve (new)

It's a striking cover, very well executed. Makes you want to read and find out what that David-&-Goliath confrontation was all about! (I've added it to my TBR list, by the way…)

message 24: by Stoney (new)

Stoney deGeyter | 134 comments Mine is still a work in progress, though I am posting the second draft on my website www.acrossedtime.com. The next draft is shaping up to be a radical transformation. The book is called Devastation, the first in A Crossed Time series. Two more books are planned for a much larger storyline that I am super excited about.

Devastation is the story of Dr. Camden Hill. He works at a secret, government-funded facility in the Colorado Hills along with the top scientific minds in the world. As he navigates his way through a life of personal tragedies Camden comes face to face with the biggest tragedy of all.

Camden’s team is tasked with solving the worlds greatest problems; interstellar travel, planetary colonization, teleportation, and time travel, to name a few. But the day of their greatest achievement–successfully opening a portal to the future–is also the day of their most tragic discovery: the end of the world.

At some unknown date in the future, all life ceases to exist.

Camden and his team race against the clock to find out how and when the world comes to an end, and to learn how to keep the human race alive.

message 25: by Peter (new)

Peter Younghusband (peteryounghusband) | 66 comments That sounds like a great read, Stoney!

message 26: by Justin (new)

Justin Coogle | 91 comments Steve wrote: "It's a striking cover, very well executed. Makes you want to read and find out what that David-&-Goliath confrontation was all about! (I've added it to my TBR list, by the way…)"

Thanks Steve! I think you'll find it's very unique and a story that will surprise and exhilarate you. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Everyone's got such unique story lines, it's exciting to see the creativity we all bring forth. I'm hoping to find the time to burn through most of yall's work this summer.

message 27: by Steve (new)

Same here. I'm looking forward to reading yours, and the other books shared here. And I think we've all got the maturity to give and take honest reviews, and not slide into a mutual admiration society!

message 28: by Stoney (new)

Stoney deGeyter | 134 comments Peter wrote: "That sounds like a great read, Stoney!"

Thanks Peter. I've gotten good feedback from the second draft, but there is a long way to go on the next revision.

message 29: by Walter (new)

Walter F. | 14 comments Disciple's Quest: The Adventure Begins

Hi all, I introduced myself in a separate thread, but I like the idea of having one consolidated thread for all of us to introduce our books. After reading "Pilgrim's Progress" in 2014, I felt inspired to write a series of books about characters who go on a journey and learn Biblical truths. I understood from the outset though that the story itself had to be entertaining and the teaching had to flow seamlessly with the story. The first book in the series bears a lot of similarities to Pilgrim's Progress, but as the series moves forward, it takes on more of a LOTR feel.

Here is a link to the whole series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/229214
Disciple's Quest is a brand new Christian Adventure Series that blends Biblical Teaching with an exciting story.

If any of you get a chance to read these, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Walter F. Cantrell

message 30: by Lara (new)

Walter wrote: "Disciple's Quest: The Adventure Begins

Hi all, I introduced myself in a separate thread, but I like the idea of having one consolidated thread for all of us to introduce our books...."

Welcome to the group! I just saved your book to my to-read list. It looks interesting.

message 31: by Walter (new)

Walter F. | 14 comments Thanks Lara!

message 32: by Fredösphere (new)

Fredösphere (fredosphere) | 14 comments Thanks, Justin, for starting this topic.

If an Amish Romance sounds good, and an Amish romance in space sounds better, then have a look at my story "The Rocket Raising" that was included in the new sci-fi anthology Planetary: Venus.

message 33: by T.J. (last edited Mar 27, 2018 08:59AM) (new)

T.J. Allen | 2 comments Strong Delusion There is a group of Christians who believe the Antichrist will either come from Mars or get his power from Mars. If that were true, then here is how that could possibly happen.

message 34: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette | 21 comments Hi everyone

Great idea to have a thread to share our work :) I'm in a number of anthologies - but will share my sole-authored work. I write mainly fantasy set in Nardva (fantasy world) - includes courtly intrigue, shapeshifters etc. So far

Under the Mountain series (will be 4-5 novellas) - Shapeshifter Zadeki is trapped in a strange underground realm - will he escape or is there for another reason
Heart of the Mountain
Blood Crystal

Akrad's legacy series
In the aftermath of a civil war, Dinnis is betrayed by those closest to him & must forge his own destiny.
Akrad's Children

and a collection of short stories
Ruhanna's Flight and other stories

message 35: by Roshan (new)

Roshan | 3 comments Dear Friends,

This is Roshan Thomas( aka Aharon Kroosh) from India. I work as a Software QA Lead with Infosys Limited. My first book which I have published on Amazon is "Korah's Atonement". A story where an IT engineer tries to baptize his faith with scientific knowledge [Based on a true story] Korah's Atonement is the compelling story of Korah John Kattumpurathil, a Syrian Christian from Kerala in India who was born and brought up in the Middle East. Korah moves to Bangalore after securing a job as a Telecom Test Engineer with an MNC. This is the first time that he has stayed away from home and hence started feeling lonely. He dives deep into understanding the meaning of life with his acquired knowledge and experiences with Science, Aliens, UFOs, Electrical Engineering, Bible, Theoretical Physics to find the real harmony between them for enlightenment.
The ebook version is free on Amazon:
Below is the link to the book:
https://www.amazon.com/Korahs-Atoneme...

I would love to hear comments from all who read the book.

Thanks and Regards
Roshan Thomas.

message 36: by Stan (new)

Stan | 288 comments Mod
Roshan wrote: "Dear Friends,

This is Roshan Thomas( aka Aharon Kroosh) from India. I work as a Software QA Lead with Infosys Limited. My first book which I have published on Amazon is "Korah's Atonement". A stor..."

Sounds like an amazing story! I'll add it to my TBR bookshelf and hopefully be able to read it before too long!

message 37: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Wachter | 328 comments Hi everyone!
I will shamelessly admit I joined so I could ask people to consider reading and reviewing The Sorcerer's Bane, Book One of The Seven Words by C. S. Wachter (me). But, to be honest, I didn't even know you were here until I stumbled across these posts. Now I'm glad to be here as I love Christian Spec Fiction. Though I'm new here as a writer, I've been a member (reader) of Goodreads for several years. I'm just finding my way around as an author because The Sorcerer's Bane just went live on Amazon in February.

The Sorcerer's Bane is Epic Christian Fantasy and a classic battle of light versus dark. Six year old Rayne Kierkengaard is the crown prince of all Ochen (seven worlds joined together by wormholes called skipping lines) and a child of prophecy.

Sigmund a demonic sorcerer seeks to subvert the prophecy by blocking the prince's voice and memory and raising him as an assassin. But Sigmund also seeks revenge against the king and queen for the death of his daughter.

Though he is raised in darkness and violence, Rayne (who is given the slave name Wren) struggles against the pressure to kill and the evil surrounding him. A tiny flame of faith within him sustains him and gives him the strength to finally confront Sigmund on the night he is sent to murder his own parents.

But this is only the beginning. When Rayne learns the truth of the prophecy, he faces a choice. Will he don the mantle of Light Bringer to the worlds of Ochen, or ignore his calling? Rayne makes his decision at the end of The Sorcerer's Bane. His task is just beginning.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...-
sorcerer-s-bane

Anyway, this newbie thanks you for your consideration. I'm here now and hope to continue in this and other discussions.

message 38: by Lara (new)

C.S. wrote: "Hi everyone!
I will shamelessly admit I joined so I could ask people to consider reading and reviewing The Sorcerer's Bane, Book One of The Seven Words by C. S. Wachter (me). But, to be honest, I ..."

Hi C.S.
Thank you for sharing and I hope you enjoy the group!

message 39: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Wachter | 328 comments Lara wrote: "C.S. wrote: "Hi everyone!
I will shamelessly admit I joined so I could ask people to consider reading and reviewing The Sorcerer's Bane, Book One of The Seven Words by C. S. Wachter (me). But, to ..."

Thanks for the welcome, Lara!

message 40: by Stan (last edited Mar 31, 2018 01:38PM) (new)

Stan | 288 comments Mod
C.S. wrote: "Lara wrote: "C.S. wrote: "Hi everyone!
I will shamelessly admit I joined so I could ask people to consider reading and reviewing The Sorcerer's Bane, Book One of The Seven Words by C. S. Wachter (..."

Yes. Welcome C.S.!

Give some other discussions a read and jump right in! With a new book out, you might want to jump into the review group before they kick off the first round!

message 41: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Wachter | 328 comments Thanks! Glad to meet you and I appreciate your input.

message 42: by Stan (new)

Stan | 288 comments Mod
Roshan wrote: "I would love to hear comments from all who read the book."

Hi Roshan! I checked out your book on Amazon. It was available on Kindle Unlimited and only about 70 pages. So, I read it last night and today and left you a review here on Goodreads.

I found your book to be very interesting and transparent. Thanks for sharing it here. I look forward to your next installment!

message 43: by Lara (new)

All the weirdness to my book posts has been fixed now! I have had three different covers for the same book, so that is still around. Here are the good links:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...

message 44: by J.F. (new)

J.F. (jfrogers) | 49 comments Hi Everyone! I just recently joined this group and I'm happy to see you're all quite active. I've been getting the digest and hope to be able to keep up with more of the conversation once things start slowing down...

This seemed like a great place to introduce myself and my work. My name is Jennifer Rogers (writing as J.F. Rogers). I live in Maine with my husband and daughter. I published my first book, Ariboslia Book I: Astray a couple years ago. I'm getting very close to having a solid first draft of the sequel. I'll be leaving my job soon so, hopefully, I'll have a lot more time to devote to getting it published. I won't go into to much detail about my book here since you can check it out if you're interested.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
https://www.amazon.com/Astray-Aribosl...

I love Christian Spec Fic and can't wait to get to know you all and your work!

Jenn

message 45: by Lara (new)

Welcome to the group Jennifer! Thanks for sharing your book and telling us about yourself. I hope you enjoy the discussions as well.

message 46: by J.F. (new)

J.F. (jfrogers) | 49 comments Lara wrote: "Welcome to the group Jennifer! Thanks for sharing your book and telling us about yourself. I hope you enjoy the discussions as well."

Thanks, Lara!

message 47: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Gerard (ryandavidgerard) | 18 comments Hey guys!

Looking for a new and fresh piece of Christian fiction, different from anything else you've read?

My book series: "The Baptist" is the Bible reimagined! NOT in a way that it's rewritten. Reimagined in a sense that it happens in our modern age instead, to give our generation something to relate to.

The world is on the verge of world war three and time travel is a close reality. When it all goes wrong, a shift in the space time continuum causes historical events to be misplaced along the timeline and the books focus on 3 separate biblical eras.
Part One: The days of the Judges
Part Two: The days of Christ
Part Three: The end times
It's a human condition story with an apocalyptic twist.
What makes it different is that it's raw, it's gritty, it's real.
The Bible meets Quentin Tarantino. It's welcome to the jungle baby! It's the greatest story ever told, like you've never seen it before!

Check out my profile for links to Amazon and Kindle or Kobo.

or click these links:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...

Thanks everyone!!
Hope you enjoy!

message 48: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Gerard (ryandavidgerard) | 18 comments oh, I have also introduced myself as an author in the introduction discussion feed. Please check that out or read my bio in my profile for more information.

Thanks again!

message 49: by Lara (new)

Ryan wrote: "oh, I have also introduced myself as an author in the introduction discussion feed. Please check that out or read my bio in my profile for more information.

Thanks again!"

Welcome to the group Ryan!

message 50: by Terry (new)

Terry Wells | 1 comments Hey, ladies and gents. Glad to be here. I believe my novella, CONVERTED, is the perfect marriage between Christianity and science fiction.
Converted (I just emailed Goodreads about having it listed on my correct account.)
Converted on Amazon

« previous 1 3 4 5