Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Recommendations for Pirate Books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunawashere) Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any good books about pirates? I've read Daughter of a Pirate King, The Reader, and I'm in the midst of Daughter of a Siren Queen :) Thanks

message 2: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Riccio (julesriccio) | 3 comments Hi Luna. I got a few recommendations.
Traveler is actually about parallel universes, but one of the universes has pirates, so you might enjoy it.
Bloody Jack this one is actually more about the british navy (the first book at least) and it's hard to get past the thick cockney accent in the first few chapters, but if you do get past that, its a great 12-book series and definitely one of my favorites.
To Catch a Pirate is a cute standalone.
Hope you like these!

message 3: by Gabi (new)

Gabi To Kill A Kingdom! I'm halfway through it and it's really good.

message 4: by Nat (new)

Nat Wendy

This retelling of Peter Pan has a definite pirate theme.

message 5: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunawashere) Thanks guys!! I'll def try these out!

message 6: by Stormraised (new)

Stormraised | 39 comments Piratica: Being a Daring Tale of a Singular Girl's Adventure Upon the High Seas. Pirates on the firstground, but mostly a story about dreams. A little bit naive, maybe (pirating shown as morally good and possible without hurting anybody). But still was for me difficult to deal with when I was a kid... as one legend fell. Being older I appreciate the value of trying to... save the dream and live on it.
Demons of the Ocean - this grows from rather childish to quiet brutal. And is weird to be honest. I fail to guess the age of target reader

message 7: by Sakhile (new)

Sakhile (sakhilewhispers) | 0 comments Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser is a good one

message 8: by Ash (new)

Ash (derp_on5) | 1 comments Hey yall im looking for a pirate book with a heroine lead that involves some romance. I'm a little new to the genre so multiple recommendations are greatly appreciated.

message 9: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunawashere) Daughter of a pirate King and daughter of a siren queen are 2 books in a duology about a herione pirate named alosa and there's some romance later in the book. She's a great lead character, very feisty and hilarious, so I'd definitely recommend those 2 books. I didn't like the 2nd one as much but the first one is rlly good in my opinion

message 10: by Sakhile (new)

Sakhile (sakhilewhispers) | 0 comments Bianca wrote: "Hey yall im looking for a pirate book with a heroine lead that involves some romance. I'm a little new to the genre so multiple recommendations are greatly appreciated."

I'd recommend Song of the Current, it's got an amazing heroine, pirates and the best hate-to-love romance towards the end

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura Holt | 48 comments Luna wrote: "Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any good books about pirates? I've read Daughter of a Pirate King, The Reader, and I'm in the midst of Daughter of a Siren Queen :) Thanks"

These Rebel Waves was fantastic! The best pirate book I have ever read and my number one read of 2018 hands down.