What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Winter's End
This topic is about Winter's End
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, Fantasy, Dystopia. 4 kids/teenagers running away from an orphanage and being chased by monstrous dogs used by the police to get them caught or killed. They get serious injuries and lose each other a few times. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lala~ (last edited Mar 19, 2018 02:52PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lala~ (lala_gaia) | 5 comments I've read this book about 4 years ago. The genre was YA dystopia, and it had a pretty dark plot. I remember it started with two orphanages or might have been boarding schools, one for girls and one for boys. The main character was a girl and the story starts when she with her friend overhear the teachers talking, I think someone gets attacked or killed, which makes them realize that place is not what they thought it was. Somehow they meet two guys from the other building and together 4 of them manage to run away. They didn't know about the outside world I think, so it was risky.

Another thing I remember vividly was the human eating dogs that the police used to catch criminals. These dogs were sent after the kids, and one of the detectives gets kind of obsessed with trying to catch them and basically turns into a monster. Once or twice, the kids get separated, and they all try to survive while hiding and search for each other. I remember lots of killings and very dark scenes. Also if I remember correctly, there were two books for the story.

That's all I remember, if anyone has an idea, let me know please.

message 2: by Kym (new)

Lala~ (lala_gaia) | 5 comments Kym wrote: "Eve by Anna Carey?"

I went to read summary of the plot, and some details seemed very unfamiliar to me and were different than I remember, though the beginning of the plot is somehow similar to the book I've read. I am still not sure if it's the one, but thank you!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Mar 21, 2018 05:21PM) (new)

Kris | 32285 comments Mod
Here is the Google Books preview of Eve by Anna Carey - Kym's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=HTh...

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Rosenberger (sarahatothek) | 37 comments Possibly Winter's End?

Summary: Fleeing across icy mountains from a pack of terrifying dog-men sent to hunt them down, four teenagers escape from their prison-like boarding schools to take up the fight against the tyrannical government that murdered their parents fifteen years earlier.

Lala~ (lala_gaia) | 5 comments Yes, Winter’s End is the one! Thank you Sarah!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Winter's End (other topics)
Eve (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anna Carey (other topics)