Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Book Pool: April 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Apr 16, 2018 06:53PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna)

The Book Pool is the Prize Pool challenge for April! This month the player with the most books read from the pool, and one random participant will win an ebook of one of India R. Adams's books! Some of her books include My Wolf and Me, Blue Waters, Serenity, and Rain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ready for the Book Pool?

If you've never played, here are the rules:

1. When you sign up pick 3 books you want to be included in the "book pool."

2. You can pick any book as long as they are YA and have been released before the challenge has started. No duplicates please.

3. Once the challenge starts you will read books from the "pool."

4. At the end of the month whoever read the most books from the pool is the champion of that month!

Have fun!

The challenge begins April 1st.
To claim points, please don't finish your books from the pool until then!

You can sign up and add books until March 31th.
After April 1st, you can join right in by claiming points - just don't add books to the pool, and let me know that you're joining if you aren't on the list yet!

message 3: by Katriann (new)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2172 comments I'm in.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor All These Things I've Done (Birthright, #1) by Gabrielle Zevin

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 43 comments I'm in again! :)

The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti

message 5: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2925 comments I'm in
The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong Spook's Nightmare (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #7) by Joseph Delaney Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson

message 6: by Cassie (last edited Mar 21, 2018 07:17PM) (new)

Cassie (smudge1230) | 25 comments Im in
Ten by Gretchen McNeil We Are Okay by Nina LaCour Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

message 7: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments I'm in! Book pool is my favourite <3
Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han The Dazzling Heights (The Thousandth Floor #2) by Katharine McGee Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston

CrazyAsACupcake | 199 comments I'm in :)

Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman People Like Us by Dana Mele How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather

message 9: by Lesa (last edited Mar 24, 2018 03:56PM) (new)

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6037 comments Joining! :)

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins

message 11: by Trinity (last edited Mar 24, 2018 03:51PM) (new)

Trinity I'm in!

Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2) by Victoria Schwab Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison | 12 comments I'm in!
Solo by Kwame Alexander
When We Collided by Emery Lord
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

message 13: by Chloe (new)

message 14: by Krista (new)

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3011 comments I'm in!
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller Insidious (The Marked Mage Chronicles, #1) by Victoria Evers The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments I'm in! :)
Maybe Never by Sadie Allen The Evaporation of Sofi Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #1) by Mary Weber Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1) by Amy Plum

message 18: by Mya (new)

Mya Adams | 8 comments I’m in
The girl with all the gifts by M.R.Carey
The upside to unrequited by Becky Albertalli
The hazel wood by Melissa Albert

message 19: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (booklover1299) | 31 comments I would like to join!
Uninvited (Uninvited, #1) by Sophie Jordan Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin

message 20: by Shantavia (new)

Shantavia | 55 comments I’m in!
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

message 21: by Ariana (new)

Ariana (quietly-sobbing-into-a-book) | 26 comments I'm in
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston
Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan

message 22: by Grace (new)

message 23: by Amy Leigh (last edited Mar 26, 2018 07:26PM) (new)

Amy Leigh (xxamyleighxx) | 73 comments I'm in-
Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas
The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman

message 24: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Mar 28, 2018 08:50PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 232 comments There are some awesome choices already! I put forth...

Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3) by Leigh Bardugo . S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett . Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1) by Maureen Johnson

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Lesa wrote: "Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima"

Hi Lesa! You only gave me two books to add to the pool. Is there another you want to add?

message 26: by Keihi (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Mya wrote: "I’m in
The girl with all the gifts by M.R.Carey
The upside to unrequited by Becky Albertalli
The hazel wood by Melissa Albert"

Hi Mya! The Girl with All the Gifts is actually an adult book. Could you pick another one for me?

message 28: by Lesa (last edited Mar 26, 2018 11:26PM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 293 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Lesa wrote: "Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima"

Hi Lesa! You only gave me two books to add to the pool. Is there another you want to add?"

Yes now there is....had to check out what other YA book I want to read sorry. Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2) by Tricia Levenseller

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Lesa wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Lesa wrote: "Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima"

Hi Lesa! You only gave me two books to add to the pool. Is t..."

Totally fine. :)

message 31: by Mya (new)

Mya Adams | 8 comments Dorothy must die by Danielle Paige

message 33: by Toyni Erica - Queenoftaless (last edited Mar 31, 2018 10:03AM) (new)

Toyni Erica - Queenoftaless (toyniericasverden) | 60 comments I'm in :)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

message 34: by Leslie (last edited Mar 28, 2018 08:30AM) (new)

Leslie Milliken | 12 comments I'm in

The Awakening / The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith
The Fury / Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) by L.J. Smith
Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #1) by L.J. Smith

message 37: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited Mar 28, 2018 08:52PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 232 comments Hey Anna,
I updated my post and added Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1) by Maureen Johnson as my third book. I had my third book as a "TBR" before but I made a decision. Thanks! =]

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 28 comments I'm in!!
Traitor Born (Secondborn, #2) by Amy A. Bartol
The Key (True Reign, #1) by Jennifer Anne Davis
First World (Walker Saga, #1) by Jaymin Eve

message 39: by Linda (last edited Mar 29, 2018 03:38PM) (new)

message 42: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2925 comments The Spook's Nightmare (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #7) by Joseph Delaney
Date read: 4/2
Rating: 4 stars

Books read: 1

message 43: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments American Panda by Gloria Chao

Date Read: 4/2
Rating: 5

Books Read: 1

message 44: by Kaitlyn (last edited Apr 24, 2018 09:42PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments #5

Read
Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston - 04/05/18 - 3 stars
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare - 04/08/18 - 5 stars
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray - 04/10/18 - 4 stars
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - 04/17/18 - 5 stars
The Dazzling Heights (The Thousandth Floor #2) by Katharine McGee - 04/21/18 - 5 stars
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare - 04/22/18 - 5 stars
Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han - 04/23/18 - 5 stars
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor - 04/24/18 - 3 stars

TOTAL: 8

In Progress
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor

TBR
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Leslie wrote: "I'm in

The Awakening / The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith
The Fury / Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) by L.J. Smith
Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #1) by L.J. Smith"

Hi Leslie. The books that you want to put into the pool are combination books, meaning that they are two books in one. Plus the first book in that series has already been added into the pool. Would you like me to add books 2-4 into the book?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Stephanie wrote: "I'm in!!
Traitor Born (Secondborn, #2) by Amy A. Bartol
The Key (True Reign, #1) by Jennifer Anne Davis
First World (Walker Saga, #1) by Jaymin Eve"

Hi Stephanie! Unfortunately Traitor Born isn't released until April 17, so I can't add it to the pool. Can you pick another book for me?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) This month's pool looks amazing guys! Alright everyone, it's time to tell you how to claim your points! Please remember that only books read or finished on/after April 1, 2018 can count for points. After you finish reading your book, you will need to leave a comment claiming your points. In your comment, please have your number (see comment #2, and please, please, PLEASE use the correct number, it will make it SO much easier for me when counting points), the book you read (please use the add book/author button), the date you finished it, your rating, and the number of books that you've read from the pool.

Format for posting:

Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi
Read: 4/18/18
Rating: 4 Stars

Books Read: 5

Want to join in on the fun, but didn't sign up before the challenge started? You can still join! Go ahead and start reading books from the pool, and let me know that you need to be added to the list when you claim points. Have fun everybody! :)

message 48: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments The Merciless by Danielle Vega

Read 4/1
Rating 3 stars

Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi

Read: 4/1
Rating: 4 stars

Books read: 2

message 49: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6037 comments Solo by Kwame Alexander

Read: 4/3/2018
Rating: 3 Stars