Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Joanne Mallory
This topic is about Joanne Mallory
Book Issues > Help update books after rights returned.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Mallory | 9 comments Hi There,
My rights have been returned to me from my publisher. My fiction work is remaining the same in name and author, but covers and ASIN's have changed, can you please help me by changing the covers and transferring all the reviews, please?

Old version - thunder moon - B01N7D1GPF
Mew version – thunder moon - B07B7PHYCZ

Old version – hunter moon – B075CNY2YR
New version – hunter moon - B07BDJCJH1

My non-fiction book has changed title (slightly) and gone over to my full author name instead of just initials, can the reviews be transferred to the new version, please?

Old version – Building an author – B0722VYK7T
New Version – How to build an author - B079DVCKDW

many thanks

Joanne Mallory

message 2: by Z-squared (last edited Mar 19, 2018 04:06PM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Goodreads keeps records of all editions of a book, even those that are out of print or no longer available. So we can't replace old ASINs or covers. Instead, we add new editions and combine them with the old. That way, all the reviews/ratings are pooled together for all editions.

I noted that the new edition for the first book already existed on Goodreads. I combined it and the old edition together for you.

I added the new edition of the second book here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

For the third book, when new versions of a book come out under a different pen name, the primary author of the new version must be the old pen name. The newer pen name is added as a secondary author. This enables us to combine the editions together and pool reviews/ratings. I have done this for you.

You as the author then have the ability to set the new editions as default by following these instructions:
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...