Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Lonnie A. Gamble
This topic is about Lonnie A. Gamble
Book Issues > Not sure what happened: metadata and crossed links

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yaaresse (new)

Yaaresse | 90 comments I was at this page trying to figure out why there are two entries for this audio recording:
https://www.goodreads.com/metadata_an...

While there, I decided to add the metadata. When I clicked "save," the page refreshed to a completely different book, My Lady of Cleaves by Margaret Campbell Barnes. I have never heard of this book, had no other windows open, and can't explain why it switched randomly from Fundamentals of Sustainable Living to My Lady of Cleves. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to delete the metadata entered either. Trying the "edit your metadata answers" didn't seem to do anything.

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I couldn't duplicate your issue, sorry. I can tell you that the reason there are two editions is that one is Audible Audio, and the other is Audiobook. On Goodreads, those count as two different formats. I did combine them (and add a paperback edition from Amazon, which appears to be a transcript).

message 3: by Yaaresse (new)

Yaaresse | 90 comments Maybe it was just some kind of intermittent glitch. Certain,y was very odd.

Those audiobooks from TGC series usually come with a study guide, which explains the print material you found. Thanks for cleaning it up.