Rediscover the Classics discussion

Favourite Classic Novels > Middlemarch by George Eliot

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric Anderson (lonesomereader) | 14 comments Mod
Post your thoughts and feelings about reading this novel here.

Why did you choose it? Had you ever read it before? If you’ve decided to stop reading it, what made you put it down? What’s your overall opinion if you finished it?

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2 comments I stared this last week as it’s been on my TBR for years. I was nervous not only because of the size but because I read Daniel Deronda last year and found it too dry and intellectual. This however, is proving very different, much more like an Austen novel with humor and village goings on, I’m confident I’ll finish it.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2 comments I finally finished this week and loved it! Still need to process my thoughts but planning on writing a review eventually. Thanks Eric for giving me the push to do this!

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Anderson (lonesomereader) | 14 comments Mod
Awesome, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for joining in. I really liked her novels The Mill on the Floss & Silas Marner as well if you haven't read those and are keen to read more of her books in the future.

message 5: by booksbythecup (new)

booksbythecup | 2 comments I read this with a group of buddies on bookstagram (Instagram) in March and I thought the book was outstanding. I'd never heard of the book until a few years ago. Eliot does a outstanding job of making you feel a part of the community of Middlemarch and taking you through a gambit of emotion and observations with the characters. I'd like to read more of Eliot's works in the future