The Sword and Laser discussion

Author Promo (Share Your Stuff!) > FREE Promotion For Authors

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven Paul Leiva (goodreadscomuser_stevenpaulleiva) | 93 comments James -- your list of books does not seem to have FICTION and LITERARY FICTION on it. Will you be adding them?

message 2: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (last edited Mar 19, 2018 01:43PM) (new)

Tassie Dave | 3506 comments Mod
As you are promoting a service this really should be in the "Author Promo (Share your stuff)" section.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

The General thread is for, as the name implies, general stuff about books that doesn't fit anywhere else.

BTW you had 2 threads in this section promoting the exact same service. I deleted the other.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark (markmtz) | 2296 comments James (Free & Fast Reviews) is a busy dude. He's created multiple accounts in the past few months from which he solicits customers for his review service. Several of the accounts have been deleted or made private. So, caveat emptor.

message 4: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3911 comments I sent in last time but never heard.

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 431 comments He posted earlier on the Vaginal Fantasy forums, deleted it, and then reposted the identical two posts under a different account (F&Fast) a few days ago. Fell free to ignore and delete this spam.

message 6: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to move this to the correct section.

I did delete the slightly different worded, but essentially same thread.

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 431 comments That's what I did too…the first time he posted. He just came back for more. I have a strong suspicion that this is just some skeezy "author services" scam. Here's another identical post under yet another profile: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... (There are more.) Also, this service appears to have no significant online footprint outside of Goodreads. This is not how legitimate organizations operate.

message 8: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (last edited Mar 19, 2018 09:06PM) (new)

It does look a bit suspicious. I had a quick look before and like you just found it mainly here on Goodreads or in a few comments on book reviews. It does look a lot like spam

It will probably be deleted by one of the mods here. (Maybe even me) if it isn't moved to the correct section soon.

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 431 comments You can move it yourself by clicking the edit button next to the topic title. Then just change the folder in the drop down menu.

message 10: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

Ok Done. Thanks. I should have known that ;-)