Invictus (The Invincible Writers) discussion

Quote of the Day

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Taxer (orionangel) | 18 comments Mod
How about a thread to look to for inspiration?

Please feel free to share your quotes.

For me, today, it's this one:

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
- Walt Disney

message 2: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Baron | 6 comments I was on a big Dave Grohl quote kick for a while and found this one inspirational.

"Always have the highest bar for yourself. Wake up everyday and no matter how crappy you feel, want to change something for the better. Do something that makes someone happy. Create something that inspires someone. Be someone's light when they are hopeless."

Even if my books don't reach a lot of people, they make some people happy, so I guess that's good!

message 3: by Carmen (new)

Even if your books reach just one person, they've made a difference!

And for a throwback to a genius today:

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
― Ernest Hemingway

message 4: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Baron | 6 comments "We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
--Aristole

message 5: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Baron | 6 comments “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

—Ayn Rand

message 6: by Carmen (new)

Nice!

message 7: by Carmen (new)

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

message 8: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Baron | 6 comments "All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know."

Ernest Hemingway