Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > April 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shaunesay (last edited Apr 02, 2018 09:30AM) (new)

Shaunesay Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given on or before the 1st. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves. - IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

Adrianna picks for Jen Message 25

Carrie picks for Sammantha Message 18

Catherine picks for Matilde Message 20

Heather picks for Leticia Message 16

Jen picks 2 for Nicole Message 41

Johnni picks for Rina Message 34

Kathy picks for Adrianna Message 19, 26

Leticia picks for Carrie Message 23

Matilde picks for Catherine Message 22

Nicole picks for Johnni Message 15

Rina picks for Kathy Messsage 28

Sammantha picks for Heather Message 31

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 522 comments I would like to join with my “pick-it-for- me” shelf. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) I'm in with my Pick It For Me Shelf:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

They can pick two if they wish.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments I’m in with my to read list

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm in tbr shelf

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments I'm in.

message 10: by Adrianna [SypherLily] (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:36AM) (new)

Adrianna [SypherLily] (sypherlily) | 274 comments I'm in with my pick it for me shelf! :) And my partner can pick 2

message 11: by Carrie (last edited Mar 20, 2018 04:19PM) (new)

message 12: by Sammantha (new)

Sammantha (sammylouise) | 263 comments I’m in with my Books I Can Read Now shelf.

message 14: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Partners are posted! Let me know if you see any problems!

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) For Johnni, I pick The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments For Leticia I pick Gone by Michael Grant!

message 17: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 441 comments Thanks!

Heather wrote: "For Leticia I pick Gone by Michael Grant!"

message 18: by Carrie (new)

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 522 comments Adrianna - I can never resist a good Stephen King and I really enjoyed this one. Hope you do too The Mist by Stephen King

message 20: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments Matilde--You have a lot of really good books on your list! I'm going to go with Strange the Dreamer. Please let me know how you like it.

message 21: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Catherine wrote: "Matilde--You have a lot of really good books on your list! I'm going to go with Strange the Dreamer. Please let me know how you like it."

okey, thanks I am really looking forward to it! I will most definitely try and get to it before exams start in the middle of the month, but still I will read it

message 22: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) CATHERINE for you it was kinda hard because there were so many to choose from, but I decided on The Upside of Unrequited. I read it in January and it is one of my favorite reads of the year. Would like to here your thoughts on the representations in this book :))

message 23: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 441 comments Carrie, for you I pick Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

Adrianna [SypherLily] (sypherlily) | 274 comments Kathy wrote: "Adrianna - I can never resist a good Stephen King and I really enjoyed this one. Hope you do too The Mist by Stephen King"

Thanks! It's a short one!! If you'd like to pick another from my shelf, you're welcome to :)

Adrianna [SypherLily] (sypherlily) | 274 comments Jen, I pick Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor
IMO it starts off a bit slow, but halfway to the end is so great! Hope you enjoy it :) and the writing is amazing.

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 522 comments Adrianna [SypherLily] wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Adrianna - I can never resist a good Stephen King and I really enjoyed this one. Hope you do too The Mist by Stephen King"

Thanks! It's a short one!! If you'd like to pick another..."

Ok! The challenge is on :) I loved the Raven Cycle books, so how about The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater

Adrianna [SypherLily] (sypherlily) | 274 comments Kathy wrote: "Adrianna [SypherLily] wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Adrianna - I can never resist a good Stephen King and I really enjoyed this one. Hope you do too The Mist by Stephen King"

Thanks! It's a short one!!..."

Ohh yay! I love finishing series, and it's such a cute story. Thank you! ^^

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

for Kathy

I pick for you is The Other Daughter by Lauren Willig

message 29: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 522 comments Rina wrote: "for Kathy

I pick for you is The Other Daughter by Lauren Willig"

Thanks Rina - I'll move it up to next on my list :)

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Sammantha you were supposed to pick my book lol

message 31: by Sammantha (new)

Sammantha (sammylouise) | 263 comments Yeah, I just noticed that. Lol For Heather I choose Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1) by Claudia Gray I loved this book and the sequel comes out soon!

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Hopefully, I get mine picked soon so that I can grab copies of them if I don't own them! <3

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Thanks Sammantha

message 34: by Johnni (new)

Johnni Quest (johnniquest) | 1226 comments Rina wrote: "i'm in tbr shelf"

Rina, my pick for you is Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) What happens if you don't get books picked for you? Do you just skip the month?

message 36: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Someone will pick a book for you

message 37: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Heather wrote: "Someone will pick a book for you"

Oh cool. Thanks! :)

message 38: by Shaunesay (last edited Mar 31, 2018 02:27PM) (new)

Shaunesay I will take a look on the 1st and if anyone has not had a book picked for them, I will be happy to choose one for them on the 2nd. :) Mod privilege and all! ;)

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments I hope my library has my pick in English if not I will have to order it lol

message 40: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Shaunesay wrote: "I will take a look on the 1st and if anyone has not had a book picked for them, I will be happy to choose one for them on the 2nd. :) Mod privilege and all! ;)"

Sounds good! I hope I wasn't a bother for asking. I wanted to go ahead and buy the books if I needed to while I could.

message 41: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments Nicole wrote: "I'm in with my Pick It For Me Shelf:

They can pick two if they wish."

I pick for you Fangirl and One of us is lying. I hope you enjoy.

message 42: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Jen wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I'm in with my Pick It For Me Shelf:

They can pick two if they wish."

I pick for you Fangirl and..."

Ohhh thanks girl! Happy reading!

message 43: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Nicole wrote: "Shaunesay wrote: "I will take a look on the 1st and if anyone has not had a book picked for them, I will be happy to choose one for them on the 2nd. :) Mod privilege and all! ;)"

Sounds good! I ho..."

Nope, not a bother at all! :)

message 44: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay It looks like everyone has a pick for this month, let me know if that's not the case. Enjoy your picks everyone!

message 45: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elizabeth Vogel (lacapetown) Hi there, is it too late in the month for me to be paired with a partner please? Kind regards, Lauren.

message 46: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 64 comments Someone pick it for me.

message 47: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay Jesa Rachele wrote: "Someone pick it for me."

Jesa, what shelf would you like to use? I'm happy to choose a book for you.

message 48: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Really enjoying my pick this month! I have 5 hours left of the audiobook

message 49: by Sammantha (new)

Sammantha (sammylouise) | 263 comments Carrie picked a short book for me and I finished it in 2 days. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe was a fun book to reread. I haven’t read it in a long time. Now I kinda wanna reread the rest of the series. Thanks for picking it for me, Carrie!

message 50: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments I finished Defy the Stars today and it was a 4 Star Read for me

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.