Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Spring 2018 - March 20th, 2018 - June 20th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shaunesay (last edited Mar 22, 2018 08:31AM) (new)

Shaunesay Welcome to our Spring seasonal read-a-thon. This read-a-thon runs from March 20th through June 20th, 2018.

For every book that you read with a title starting with one of the letters in the bonus word give yourself 1 point, if any section (first, middle, last) of the author's name starts with a letter in the bonus word give yourself 2 points. The most you can have for any one book is 3 bonus points, 1 for title and 2 for author.

For example (if WINTER were our bonus word):

Nothing Lasts Forever by Sidney Sheldon = 1 point for title
OR
Fire in the Blood by Dale Ibitz = 2 bonus points for author last name
OR
Winter Swans by Danica Winters = 1 point for title, 2 points for author = 3 bonus points

Be sure to tally your pages and bonus points separately. The top 3 people with the most bonus points at the end of the challenge will get to choose a bonus word for the next quarter. NOTE: Bonus point winners cannot win in two read-a-thon's in a row, to give more people the chance to choose bonus words.

To sign up simply start yourself a post to track what you've read during the read-a-thon. Edit your post throughout the read-a-thon to let everyone know which books you've read & your total number of pages.

Here is a a template for your post:

Bonus Word:

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

Our last Winter read-a-thon winners will be the top three bonus point holders, and they will each choose a word for us to use in the Spring!

You can choose from:

1. Dannii chose Pterodactyls
2. Kristen chose Multivitamins
3. Karen chose Flowering

message 2: by Shaunesay (last edited Jun 23, 2018 08:25AM) (new)

Shaunesay Readers Place Holder

Agne 74 pts
Alexandra 40 pts
Asa 99 pts
Catherine 83 pts
Danica 63 pts
Debbie 18 pts
Elle 19 pts
Ellen 47 pts
GateGypsy 38 pts
Heather 27 pts
Jamie 130 pts
Janessa 42 pts
Jessica 16 pts
Jonidyan 105 pts
Karen 123 pts
Katherine 12 pts
Kaylee 62 pts
Kristen 19 pts
Kristina 77 pts
Laura 15 pts
Leane 33 pts
Lemonitsa 97 pts
Lesa 221 pts
Madeline 7 pts
Madison 29 pts
Pamela 41 pts
Rachel 43 pts
Shan~A~ 24 pts
Shaunesay 124 pts
Susan 4 pts
Tasha 10 pts
Trisha 55 pts

message 4: by Shaunesay (last edited Jun 23, 2018 07:19AM) (new)

Shaunesay Currently Reading:
Wallis in Love The Untold Life of the Duchess of Windsor, the Woman Who Changed the Monarchy by Andrew Morton Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand

TBR:
The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman The King of Bones and Ashes (Witches of New Orleans, #1) by J.D. Horn The Darkling Bride by Laura Andersen Searcher of the Dead (A Bess Ellyott Mystery #1) by Nancy Herriman The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton Prime Meridian by Silvia Moreno-Garcia Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters, #1) by Juliet Marillier The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine Moon Over Soho (Peter Grant, #2) by Ben Aaronovitch Nefertiti by Michelle Moran Endurance (Stardoc, #3) by S.L. Viehl A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki

Bonus Word: Pterodactyls
Bonus Pts.: 124
Finished:

I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn't) Making the Journey from "What Will People Think?" to "I Am Enough" by Brené Brown (0) Saga, Vol. 8 (Saga, #8) by Brian K. Vaughan (1) Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2) by Naomi Novik (1) Dreaming the Beatles The Love Story of One Band and the Whole World by Rob Sheffield (3) A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, #2) by Jessica Cluess (3) The Wisdom of Wolves Lessons from the Sawtooth Pack by Jim Dutcher (3) Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur (2) My Brief History by Stephen Hawking (2) Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer (1) The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt (3) Braving the Wilderness The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brené Brown (0) The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 5 Imperial Phase I by Kieron Gillen (1) The Prey of Gods by Nicky Drayden (3) Stella Brings the Family by Miriam B. Schiffer (3) Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4 Last Days by G. Willow Wilson (0) The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman (3) Islandborn by Junot Díaz (2) Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen (2) Trickster Native American Tales, A Graphic Collection by Matt Dembicki (3) The Reason I Jump The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida (1) Worth Her Weight in Gold by Sarah Gailey (2) Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco (1) The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12) by J.R. Ward (1) Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things (Courtney Crumrin, #1) by Ted Naifeh (3) Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (2) The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 6 Imperial Phase, Part 2 by Kieron Gillen (1) The Night of Four Hundred Rabbits by Elizabeth Peters (3) The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame (1) Thoroughly Modern Monsters by Jennifer Rainey (3) Good Guys by Steven Brust (2) Head On (Lock In, #2) by John Scalzi (2) Geekerella by Ashley Poston (2) Rowan Hood Outlaw Girl of Sherwood Forest (Rowan Hood, #1) by Nancy Springer (3) The Secret Horses of Briar Hill by Megan Shepherd (3) All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells (1) Doctor Strange The Flight of Bones by Dan Jolley (3) A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1) by Brittany Cavallaro (1) Bitch Planet, Vol. 2 President Bitch by Kelly Sue DeConnick (2) The English Wife by Lauren Willig (3) On Two Feet and Wings by Abbas Kazerooni (2) Paper Girls, Vol. 4 (Paper Girls, #4) by Brian K. Vaughan (1) A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas (3) Haunted Manitou Springs by Stephanie Waters (2) Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy (1) Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou (2) All the Ever Afters The Untold Story of Cinderella’s Stepmother by Danielle Teller (3) Solo by Kwame Alexander (3) Ms. Marvel, Vol. 5 Super Famous by G. Willow Wilson (0) Dragon School First Flight by Sarah K.L. Wilson (3) Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus Beginnings (The Lily Singer Adventures #1) by Lydia Sherrer (3) The Plastic Magician (The Paper Magician, #4) by Charlie N. Holmberg (3) Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1) by Becky Albertalli (3) Phoenix Resurrection The Return of Jean Grey by Matthew Rosenberg (3) Musicophilia Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks (2) When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (2) Catching Stars by Cayla Keenan (3) Courtney Crumrin and the Coven of Mystics (Courtney Crumrin, #2) by Ted Naifeh (3) My Life as a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1) by Diana Rowland (2) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (1) The Bodyguard's Prince (The Royal Wedding #1) by Caroline Lee (3)

message 5: by Catherine (last edited Jun 21, 2018 09:30AM) (new)

Catherine (slytherdor1987) | 91 comments This should be interesting and proves that I read way too much!

Currently reading: The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1) by Marion Zimmer Bradley

TBR:
Audios: After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes Still Me (Me Before You, #3) by Jojo Moyes The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
Physical: Shadows and Light (Tir Alainn, #2) by Anne Bishop The House of Gaian (Tir Alainn, #3) by Anne Bishop Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine Queen of Hearts (Queen of Hearts Saga, #1) by Colleen Oakes Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs ] The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Whitechapel Gods by S.M. Peters The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1; Rincewind #1) by Terry Pratchett Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1) by Bill Konigsberg Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia Lullaby (The Sand Maiden #1) by L.R.W. Lee Nightlife (Cal Leandros #1) by Rob Thurman Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5) by Jim Butcher Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #1) by Jodi Taylor

Bonus Points: 83 pts (6/21/18)

Total Pages: 14,988 (6/21/18)
Total Hours: 175:42:00

Finished: The Shambling Guide to New York City (The Shambling Guides, #1) by Mur Lafferty The Ghost Train to New Orleans (The Shambling Guides, #2) by Mur Lafferty How to Be a Bawse A Guide to Conquering Life by Lilly Singh Good Omens The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs The Taken (Celestial Blues, #1) by Vicki Pettersson Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels #1) by Anne Bishop Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2) by Anne Bishop Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #3) by Anne Bishop Dreams Made Flesh (The Black Jewels, #5) by Anne Bishop A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz The Shadow Queen (The Black Jewels, #7) by Anne Bishop Shalador's Lady (The Black Jewels, #8) by Anne Bishop Motor Girl Omnibus by Terry Moore The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Dear Martin by Nic Stone Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco American Gods by Neil Gaiman Annihilation (Southern Reach, #1) by Jeff VanderMeer The Lost (Celestial Blues, #2) by Vicki Pettersson The Given (Celestial Blues, #3) by Vicki Pettersson Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher Moonstruck, Volume One Magic to Brew (Moonstruck #1) by Grace Ellis Sebastian (Ephemera, #1) by Anne Bishop Belladonna (Ephemera, #2) by Anne Bishop Bridge of Dreams (Ephemera, #3) by Anne Bishop How to Stop Time by Matt Haig Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan Stardust by Neil Gaiman Julie and Julia My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell Raven's Shadow (Raven Duology, #1) by Patricia Briggs Furthermore (Furthermore, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith And I Darken (And I Darken Series, #1) by Kiersten White A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, #2) by Marissa Meyer Raven's Strike (Raven Series #2) by Patricia Briggs Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Legend The Graphic Novel (Legend The Graphic Novel, #1) by Marie Lu Prodigy The Graphic Novel (Legend The Graphic Novel, #2) by Marie Lu Champion The Graphic Novel (Legend The Graphic Novel, #3) by Marie Lu

message 6: by Lesa (last edited Jun 22, 2018 12:04AM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 94 comments I'm ready...
TBR: Twelve Kings in Sharakhai (The Song of the Shattered Sands, #1) by Bradley P. Beaulieu You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan The Last Wish (The Witcher, #1) by Andrzej Sapkowski Sword of Destiny (The Witcher, #2) by Andrzej Sapkowski The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

March Books:
The Last Wish (The Witcher, #1) by Andrzej Sapkowski (3 pt) Twelve Kings in Sharakhai (The Song of the Shattered Sands, #1) by Bradley P. Beaulieu (1 pt) The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima (3 pt) The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (3 pt) Witcher Series Andrzej Sapkowski Collection 6 Books Bundle (The Tower of the Swallow, Time of Contempt, Blood of Elves, Baptism of Fire, The Last Wish, Sword of Destiny) by Andrzej Sapkowski (3 pt) You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes (3 pt) The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima (3 pt)

April books:
Blood of Elves (The Witcher, #3) by Andrzej Sapkowski (2pt) Fated (Alex Verus, #1) by Benedict Jacka (0 pt) Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes (2pt) The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima (3 pt) Cursed (Alex Verus, #2) by Benedict Jacka (1pt) The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1) by Peter V. Brett (3 pt) The Desert Spear (Demon Cycle, #2) by Peter V. Brett (3 pt) All the Beautiful Lies by Peter Swanson (3 pt) The Daylight War (Demon Cycle, #3) by Peter V. Brett (3 pt) The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima (3 pt) Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima (2pt) Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2) by Cinda Williams Chima (3 pt) The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks (1pt) The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan (3pt) Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger (3pt) The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken (3pt) Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney (3pt) Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima (3pt) Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens (2pt) Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2) by Brent Weeks (1pt) Age of Swords (The Legends of the First Empire, #2) by Michael J. Sullivan (3pt) Beyond the Shadows (Night Angel, #3) by Brent Weeks (0 pt)

May Books: Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young (3 pt) Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore (2pt) A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas (3pt) Broken Blade (Fallen Blade, #1) by Kelly McCullough (0 pt) I See You by Clare Mackintosh (2pt) Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris (2pt) The Time of Contempt (The Witcher, #4) by Andrzej Sapkowski (3 pt) 11/22/63 by Stephen King (3pt) Long Gone by Alafair Burke (3pt) The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1) by Kristen Ciccarelli (3pt) Warbreaker (Warbreaker, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (2pt) Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1) by Stephen King (2pt) Alanna The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1) by Tamora Pierce (3pt) Nevermoor The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1) by Jessica Townsend (2pt) The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) In the Hand of the Goddess (Song of the Lioness, #2) by Tamora Pierce (2pt) The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness, #3) by Tamora Pierce (3pt) The Breakdown by B.A. Paris (3pt)
Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder (3pt) We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson (2pt) Firefight (The Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson (2pt) To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (3pt) The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss (3pt) Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder (2pt) NOS4A2 by Joe Hill (0pt) Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder (2pt) Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (0pt) Lioness Rampant (Song of the Lioness, #4) by Tamora Pierce (3pt) Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder (3pt) Creep (Creep #1) by Jennifer Hillier (1pt) You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz (1pt) The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel (3pt) The Outsider by Stephen King (3pt) Freak (Creep, #2) by Jennifer Hillier (0pt) Medusa Uploaded (The Medusa Cycle, #1) by Emily Devenport (2pt) Strange Weather by Joe Hill (1pt) Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King (2pt) Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles, #1) by Steve McHugh (3pt) Legion (Legion, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) Neverwhere (London Below, #1) by Neil Gaiman (0pt) Skin Deep (Legion, #2) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells (1pt)

June Books:
The Girl I Used to Be by Mary Torjussen (1pt) Kings of the Wyld (The Band #1) by Nicholas Eames (2pt) A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (3pt) Calamity (The Reckoners, #3) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell (3pt) The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter (3pt) The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy (3pt) The Queen of Blood (The Queens of Renthia, #1) by Sarah Beth Durst (3pt) The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware (3pt) I Found You by Lisa Jewell (2pt) The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine (3pt) City of Bastards (Royal Bastards, #2) by Andrew Shvarts (3pt) The Broken Girls by Simone St. James (3pt) The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (3pt) The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang (3pt) Good Me, Bad Me by Ali Land (2pt) Those Girls by Chevy Stevens (3pt) The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw (3pt) Huntress by Malinda Lo (2pt) Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens (2pt)

Pages Read: 39,464 (as of 6/20/18)
Bonus Points: 221 (as of 6/20/18)

Books Read: 94 books read

message 7: by Lemonitsa (last edited Jun 30, 2018 10:46AM) (new)

Lemonitsa | 65 comments Spring 2018 Read-A-Thon
Mar. 20/17 to Jun. 20/18

Pages Read: 12721
Bonus Points: 100

Books read: 38

1. Deadly Sting, Jennifer Estep, 369 pgs, 3 pts
2. Dead Sexy, Tate Hallaway, 304 pgs, 3 pts
3. The Princess Diarist, Carrie Fisher, 257 pgs, 3 pts
4. Kiss of Venom, Jennifer Estep, 80 pgs, 2 pts
5. This Fallen Prey, Kelley Armstrong, 400 pgs, 3 pts
6. Changeling, Yasmine Galenorn, 278 pgs, 3 pts
7. The Romanov Ransom, C. Cussler, R. Burcell, 388 pgs, 3 pst
8. Romancing the Dead, Tate Hallaway, 304 pgs, 3 pts
9. Hidden, Kelley Armstrong, 193 pgs, 2 pts
10. High Voltage, Karen Marie Moning, 479 pgs, 0 pts
11. Party Crashers, Stephanie Bond, 279 pgs, 3 pts
12. Broken Homes, Ben Aaronovitch, 357 pgs, 2 pts
13. Viper Game, Christine Feehan, 449 pgs, 2 pts
14. Scene of the Crime, Kate Dyer-Seeley, 304 pgs, 3 pts
15. Spider Game, Christine Feehan, 464 pgs, 3 pts
16. The Thief, J.R. Ward, 454 pgs, 3 pts
17. My Soul to Take, Rachel Vincent, 279 pgs, 2 pts
18. Two to Die For, Allison Brennan, 308 pgs, 3 pts
19. Dead Cold Brew, Cleo Coyle, 432 pgs, 3 pts
20. Shot in the Dark, Cleo Coyle, 352 pgs, 3 pts
21. Only Time Will Tell, Jeffrey Archer, 400 pgs, 3 pts
22. Dearest Ivie, J.R. Ward, 145 pgs, 3 pts
23. Deserter, Mike Shepherd, 346 pgs, 3 pts
24. Made to be Broken, Kelley Armstrong, 416 pgs, 2 pts
25. The Remains of the Dead, Wendy Roberst, 288 pgs, 3 pts
26. Black and Blue, Gena Showalter, 400 pgs, 2 pts
27. Too Hot to Handle, Tessa Bailey, 336 pgs, 3 pts
28. Heart of Venom, Jennifer Estep, 384 pgs, 2 pts
29. Too Wild to Tame, Tessa Bailey, 336 pgs, 3 pts
30. Too Hard to Forget, Tessa Bailey, 336 pgs, 3 pts
31. Death Doesn't Bargain, Sherrilyn Kenyon, 384 pgs, 3 pts
32. Cat O' Nine Tales, Faith Hunter, ? pgs, 1 pt
33. The Sins of the Father, Jeffrey Archer, 339 pgs, 3 pts
34. Branded, Abi Ketner, 380 pgs, 2 pts
35. Too Beautiful to Break, Tessa Bailey, 320 pgs, 3 pts
36. The Spider, Jennifer Estep, 381 pgs, 3 pts
37. The Gray Ghost, C. Cussler, R. Burcell, 400 pgs, 3 pts
38. Defiant, Mike Shepherd, 400 pgs, 3 pts

message 8: by Tasha (last edited May 21, 2018 10:19PM) (new)

Tasha | 28 comments This should be fun!

Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

TBR: Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

Pages Read: 2365
Bonus Points: 10

Books Read:
The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth ~ 352 pages 3pts
The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain ~ 384 pages 3pts
Nearer Than the Sky by T. Greenwood ~ 320 pages 2pts
The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah ~ 435 pages 1pt
In the Light of the Garden by Heather Burch ~ 322 pages 0pts
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ~ 552 pages 1pt

message 9: by matilde (last edited Mar 24, 2018 11:05PM) (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) I´ve never done one of these, so it will be something new:)

Bonus Word: Multivitamins

CR: There's Someone Inside Your House

TBR: Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Bonus points:
Pages read:

Books finished

message 10: by Agne (last edited Jun 20, 2018 08:30PM) (new)

Agne | 15 comments Ohhhh, sounds interesting!

Bonus Word: P T E R O D A C T Y L S

Pages Read: 8896

Bonus points: 74 points

Books finished:
March:
The Girl In The Ice by Robert Bryndza - 2 points
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - 3 points
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - 3 points

description description description

April:
Children of Eden by Joey Graceffa - 1 point
The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo - 3 points
Autoboyography by Christina Lauren - 3 points
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - 3 points
Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur - 2 points
The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur - 3 points
Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg - 1 point
Openly, Honestly by Bill Konigsberg - 1 point
History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera - 3 points
A List of Cages by Robin Roe - 3 points
Meg & Linus by Hanna Nowinski - 1 point
We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson - 3 point
Pillow Thoughts by Courtney Peppernell - 3 points
Plona rausva linija by Annalisa Strada - 3 points

description description description description description description description
description description description description description description description

May:
One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva - 1 point
Honestly Ben by Bill Konigsberg - 0 points
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - 3 points
Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi - 3 points
Almost Midnight by Rainbow Rowell - 3 points
Last Chance by Gregg Hurwitz - 1 point
Persepolis 2: The Story of a Return by Marjane Satrapi - 3 points
We'll Fly Away by Bryan Bliss - 1 point
Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan - 2 points
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire - 3 points
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee - 1 point

description description description description description description
description description description description description

June:
Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat - 3 points
Captive Prince: Volume Two by C.S. Pacat - 3 points
Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat - 3 points
The Summer Palace by C.S. Pacat - 3 points

description description description description

message 11: by Mani (last edited Mar 19, 2018 02:21AM) (new)

Mani (manpreet) First time!

Bonus word:

Currently reading: Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman

TBR: Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
and more :)

Pages read:
Bonus points:

Books read:

message 12: by Debbie (last edited Jun 20, 2018 06:35AM) (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 238 comments For every book that you read with a title starting with one of the letters in the bonus word give yourself 1 point, if any section (first, middle, last) of the author's name starts with a letter in the bonus word give yourself 2 points. The most you can have for any one book is 3 bonus points, 1 for title and 2 for author.

Bonus Word: FLOWERING

Pages Read: 8,038
Bonus Points: 18

Books Read:
1.Rosemary Remembered by Susan Wittig Albert 3/20/18..304 pages..1 bonus
2. Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith 3/23/18..227 pages..0 bonus
3. The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard 3/27/18 384 pages..0 bonus
4. Manhattans & Murder by Jessica Fletcher 3/30/18..304 pages..0 bonus
5. A Thief of Time by Tony Hillerman 4/2/18...209 pages..0 Bonus
6. Through the Fire by Diane Noble 4/5/18..248 pages..2 bonus
7. Summer at the Lake by Andrew M. Greeley 4/12/18..480 pages..0 bonus
8. Acts of Violets by Kate Collins 4/4/18..230 pages..0 bonus
9. A Nantucket Wedding by Nancy Thayer 4/16/18..320 pages..3 bonus
10. Let Trump Be Trump: The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency by Corey R. Lewandowski 4/21/18..296 pages..bonus 3
11. The General's Women by Susan Wittig Albert 4/27/18..412 pages...3 bonus
12. A Rose from the Dead by Kate Collins 4/30/18..304 pages..0 bonus
13. Marked Down for Murder by Josie Belle 5/3/18..272 pages...0 bonus
14. Dune Road by Jane Green 5/5/18..341 pages..2 bonus
15. Jackie, Janet & Lee: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Janet Auchincloss, and Lee Radziwill -- The Other Side of Camelot by J. Randy Taraborrelli 5/14/18..528 pages ..0 bonus
16. Wicked Charms by Janet Evanovich 5/15/18..321 pages..3 bonus
17. Once Upon a Grind by Cleo Coyle 5/22/18..464 pages..1 bonus
18. Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie 5/24/18..288 pages..0 bonus
19. By Invitation Only by Dorothea Benton Frank 5/28/18..400 pages...2 bonus
20. Shoots to Kill by Kate Collins 5/30/18...336 pages...0 bonus
21. Mrs. Fletcher by Tom Perrotta 6/2/18..320 pages..0 bonus
22. Meet Me at Emotional Baggage Claim by Lisa Scottoline 6/8/18..262 pages..2 bonus
23. White Houses by Amy Bloom 6/11/18
24. The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney 6/13/18..368 pages...1 bonus
25. Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton 6/19/18..273 pages..0 bonus
Knit One, Kill Two (A Knitting Mystery, #1) by Maggie Sefton The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney White Houses by Amy Bloom Meet Me at Emotional Baggage Claim by Lisa Scottoline Mrs. Fletcher by Tom Perrotta Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7) by Kate Collins By Invitation Only by Dorothea Benton Frank Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie Once Upon a Grind (Coffeehouse Mystery, #14) by Cleo Coyle Wicked Charms (Lizzy & Diesel, #3) by Janet Evanovich Jackie, Janet & Lee Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Janet Auchincloss, and Lee Radziwill -- The Other Side of Camelot by J. Randy Taraborrelli Dune Road by Jane Green Marked Down for Murder (Good Buy Girls, #4) by Josie Belle A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6) by Kate Collins The General's Women by Susan Wittig Albert Let Trump Be Trump The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency by Corey R. Lewandowski A Nantucket Wedding by Nancy Thayer Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5) by Kate Collins Summer at the Lake (Family Saga, #1) by Andrew M. Greeley Through the Fire (Mystery and the Minister's Wife #1) by Diane Noble A Thief of Time (Leaphorn & Chee, #8) by Tony Hillerman Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2) by Jessica Fletcher The Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard Blue Shoes and Happiness (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #7) by Alexander McCall Smith Rosemary Remembered (China Bayles, #4) by Susan Wittig Albert

message 13: by Pam (last edited Apr 21, 2018 08:05PM) (new)

Pam | 71 comments Spring 2018 (3/20/18 to 6/20/18)

Bonus Points: 41
Pages Read: 5,432

Books Read:
01. Father Mine J.R. Ward 91
02. Love Tap M.N. Forgy 292 (3)
03. A Rogue by Any Other Name Sarah MacLean 405 (3)
04. The Fear That Divides Us M.N. Forgy 214 (3)
05. One Good Earl Deserves a Lover Sarah MacLean 384 (2)
07. No Good Duke Goes Unpunished Sarah MacLean 400 (3)
08. Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover Sarah MacLean 385 (3)
09. Undeniable Madeline Sheehan 219 (3)
10. Vow KL Jackson 292 (3)
11. Unbeautifully Madeline Sheehan 374 (3)
12. Darkfever Karen Moning 382 (2)
13. Her Mad Hatter Marie Hall 137 (2)
14. The Rocker That Holds Me Terri Anne Browning 103 pgs (3)
15. Unattainable Madeline Sheehan 306 (3)
16. One Black Rose Madde Edwards 147 (2)
17. Along Came a Duke Elizabeth Boyle 288 (1)
18. Lover Unleashed JR Ward 512 (1)
19. Dark Prince Christine Feehan 501

Father Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6.5) by J.R. Ward Love Tap by M.N. Forgy A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean The Fear That Divides Us (The Devil's Dust, #3) by M.N. Forgy One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2) by Sarah MacLean No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3) by Sarah MacLean Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4) by Sarah MacLean Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan Vow (Lords of Action #1) by K.J. Jackson Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2) by Madeline Sheehan Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall The Rocker That Holds Me (The Rocker, #1) by Terri Anne Browning Unattainable (Undeniable, #3) by Madeline Sheehan One Black Rose (One Black Rose, #1) by Maddy Edwards Along Came a Duke (Rhymes With Love, #1) by Elizabeth Boyle Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Dark Prince (Dark, #1) by Christine Feehan

Currently Reading: The Good Samaritan by John Marrs The Good Nurse A True Story of Medicine, Madness, and Murder by Charles Graeber

TBR: I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll After You Left by Carol Mason

message 14: by Heather (last edited Apr 15, 2018 05:48AM) (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Bonus Word: pterodactyls

Current Read: Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman

Bonus Points: 27
Pages Read: 2,462
Books Read: Lions at Lunchtime (Magic Tree House, #11) by Mary Pope Osborne The Three Little Pigs with a Twist by Sukina Campos The Girl in the Converse Shoes by Yaritza Garcia Once Upon A Coffee (Wishful #0.5; Meet Cute Romance #4) by Kait Nolan Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9) by Mary Pope Osborne A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Assassination Classroom, Vol. 19 by Yūsei Matsui Assassination Classroom, Vol. 20 by Yūsei Matsui Defy the Stars (Defy the Stars #1) by Claudia Gray The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

message 15: by Hazel (last edited May 09, 2018 02:23PM) (new)

Hazel (hazelev93) Bonus Word- Multivitamins
Total Points- 62
Total Pages- 9,743
Shelved - springrat

Books-
(U)nsolved Crimes -(S)arah Herman (20/03) 3
(T)he Ritual - (A)dam Nevill (22/03) 3
(M)afia - (N)igel Cawthorne (25/03) 3
Daisy In Chains - (S)haron Bolton (26/03) 2
(T)he Sixties Unplugged - Gerard DeGroot (30/03) 1
(M)agpie Murders - (A)nthony Horowitz (31/03) 3
Heart Shaped Bruise - (T)anya Byrne (01/04) 2
(S)ecret Societies and Creepy Cults - Jonathan J. (M)oore (03/04) 3
(A)partment 16 - (A)dam Nevill (04/04) 3
(A) Mother's Reckoning - (S)ue Klebold (05/04) 3
(T)rue Ghost Stories - (A)ndrew Honigman (06/04) 3
Bellman & Black - Diane (S)etterfield (07/04) 2
(M)ad, Bad and Dangerous To Know - Karl (S)haw (09/04) 3
(S)acrament - Clive Barker (15/07) 1
(T)he Witch Doesn't Burn In This One - (A)manda Lovelace (15/07) 3
(T)he Black Book - (M)el Trow (17/04) 3
(L)ost Boys - Christina Henry (18/04) 1
(A)merican Gods - (N)eil Gaiman (21/04) 3
(T)he Monarch Of The Glen - (N)eil Gaiman (21/04) 3
Pretty Jane - Paul (T)homas Murphy (22/04) 2
(T)he Pale Blue Eye - (L)ouis Bayard (27/04) 3
(T)he Suspicions Of Mr Whicher - Kate (S)ummerscale (29/04) 3
(M)indhunters - John E Douglas (01/05) 1
(T)rigger Warnings - (N)eil Gaiman (04/05) 3
11/22/63 - Stephen (K)ing (09/05) 2

message 16: by Alexandra (last edited Jun 21, 2018 04:04AM) (new)

Alexandra Nunney (alexandracn) | 105 comments Count me in!

Currently Reading: Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown

Bonus Points: 40

Pages Read: 5,238

Books Completed: The Zanzibar Wife by Deborah Rodriguez Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75) by Stephenie Meyer Lament (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr S.T.A.G.S by M.A. Bennett Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9) by Janet Evanovich The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh See Me by Nicholas Sparks The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh

message 17: by Vivian (last edited Jun 18, 2018 01:50PM) (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 159 comments I'm in!
Goal Page Count: 5,000 pages

TBR: *I'll change these as we go along*
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (The Dowser #4) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Maps, Artifacts, and other Arcane Magic (The Dowser #5) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (The Dowser #6) by Meghan Ciana Doidge A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Without a Summer (Glamourist Histories, #3) by Mary Robinette Kowal Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett

Currently Reading: Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse, #3) by James S.A. Corey A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3) by Claudia Gray A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

Pages Read: 3,612

Books Read: Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter Shades of Milk and Honey (Glamourist Histories, #1) by Mary Robinette Kowal Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs Beast by Brie Spangler Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2) by Faith Hunter Herding Cats (Sarah's Scribbles, #3) by Sarah Andersen In Conclusion, Don't Worry About It by Lauren Graham Mother, Can You Not? by Kate Friedman-Siegel Screenplay The Foundations of Screenwriting by Syd Field Sphere by Michael Crichton Blockbusters Hit-making, Risk-taking, and the Big Business of Entertainment by Anita Elberse The Map (Jackaby, #1.5) by William Ritter My Lady's Choosing An Interactive Romance Novel by Kitty Curran Glamour in Glass (Glamourist Histories, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal Magic and Macaroons (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #5) by Bailey Cates

Bonus Points:
Bonus Word:

message 18: by Kristina Simon (last edited Jun 20, 2018 04:44PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) Sounds interesting. I'm in!

March 20 -- June 20th

Bonus Word: PTERODACTYLS

Pages Read: 11,109
Bonus Points: 77

Books Read:
March:
⦿ Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs|3/22|382 pgs|2 pts
⦿ Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich|3/23|307 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Do or Diner by Christine Wenger|3/24|298 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann|3/27|338 pgs|2 pts
⦿ Just Kids by Patti Smith|3/28|306 pgs|2 pts
⦿ New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb|3/31|402 pgs|2 pts
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum, #20) by Janet Evanovich Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1) by Christine Wenger Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann Just Kids by Patti Smith New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) by J.D. Robb

April:
⦿ Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke|4/2|276 pgs|2 pts
⦿ The Alice Network by Kate Quinn|4/7|505 pgs|1 pt
⦿ The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood|4/10|384 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Eat My Globe: One Year to Go Everywhere and Eat Everything by Simon Majumdar|4/13|320 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin|4/21|384 pgs|2 pts
⦿ Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich|4/21|305 pgs|3 pts
⦿ The Opposite of Everyone by Joshilyn Jackson|4/22|352 pgs|1 pt
⦿ Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd by Alan Bradley|4/26|331 pgs|3 pts
Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke The Alice Network by Kate Quinn The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood Eat My Globe One Year to Go Everywhere and Eat Everything by Simon Majumdar Mistress of the Art of Death (Mistress of the Art of Death, #1) by Ariana Franklin Top Secret Twenty-One (Stephanie Plum, #21) by Janet Evanovich The Opposite of Everyone by Joshilyn Jackson Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd (Flavia de Luce, #8) by Alan Bradley

May:
⦿ The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer|5/4|758 pgs|3 pts
⦿ The Immortalists by Kyle Mills|5/6|276 pgs|1 pt
⦿ Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb|5/8|389 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Virals by Kathy Reichs|5/11|454 pgs|2 pts
⦿ The Black Tower by Louis Bayard|5/13|368 pgs|3 pts
⦿ A Separate Peace by John Knowles|5/14|204 pgs|1 pt
⦿ All I Want by Jill Shalvis|5/16|297 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Flat Spin by David Freed|5/19|300 pgs|2 pts
⦿ An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette|5/21|310 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman|5/23|324 pgs|0 pts
⦿ Paranoia by Joseph Finder|5/27|466 pgs|1 pt
⦿ 8 Sandpiper Way by Debbie Macomber|5/31|371 pgs|2 pts
⦿ Die Trying by Lee Child|5/31|560 pgs|3 pts
The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer The Immortalists by Kyle Mills Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34) by J.D. Robb Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs The Black Tower by Louis Bayard A Separate Peace by John Knowles All I Want (Animal Magnetism, #7) by Jill Shalvis Flat Spin (A Cordell Logan Mystery, #1) by David Freed An Appetite for Murder (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #1) by Lucy Burdette Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman Paranoia by Joseph Finder Die Trying (Jack Reacher, #2) by Lee Child 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8) by Debbie Macomber

June:
⦿ Cranberry Bluff by Deborah Garner|6/4|240 pgs|3 pts
⦿ The Coroner's Lunch by Colin Cotterill|6/7|272 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich|6/10|282 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb|6/13|388 pgs|3 pts
⦿ Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley|6/15|256 pgs|0 pts
⦿ Captiva by Randy Wayne White|6/17|336 pgs|3 pts
⦿ The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers|6/19| 368 pgs|3 pts
Cranberry Bluff by Deborah Garner The Coroner's Lunch (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #1) by Colin Cotterill Tricky Twenty-Two (Stephanie Plum, #22) by Janet Evanovich Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley Delusion in Death (In Death, #35) by J.D. Robb Captiva (Doc Ford Mystery, #4) by Randy Wayne White The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers

message 19: by Kristen (last edited Apr 06, 2018 07:15PM) (new)

Kristen  (kiwicanread) | 38 comments Currently Reading: My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

TBR:
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Guide, #1) by Mackenzi Lee The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #1) by Ann Brashares The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares Girls in Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares Forever in Blue The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1) by R.L. Stine

Bonus Word: MULTIVITAMINS
Bonus Points: 19

Books Read:
Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3) by L.M. Montgomery The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner Where You'll Find Me by Natasha Friend Trouble by Non Pratt Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 20: by Danica (last edited Jun 20, 2018 07:09PM) (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | 847 comments Bonus Word: F L O W E R I N G

Reading goals:
[1] read 6 books [completed 4/26] :)
[2] read 12 books [completed 5/7] :)
[3] achieve >27 bonus points [completed 5/6] :)
[4] read 20 books [completed 6/4] :)

Currently Reading/Listening: I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

TBR: Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi Turtles All the Way Down by John Green The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion Wicked Like a Wildfire (Hibiscus Daughter, #1) by Lana Popović Like Water by Rebecca Podos Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
Pages Read: 7,659

Bonus Points:63

Books Read: Not That I Could Tell by Jessica Strawser (1) Rainbirds by Clarissa Goenawan (3) In Shock How Nearly Dying Made Me a Better Intensive Care Doctor by Rana Awdish (3) Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline (3)a Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo (2) Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (3)a Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu (3) Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch (3)a Talking as Fast as I Can From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham (2)a Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (3)a Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo (3) Wild Bird by Wendelin Van Draanen (3)a Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2) by Libba Bray (3)a The Witch Doesn't Burn In This One (Women Are Some Kind Of Magic, #2) by Amanda Lovelace (2)
We Are Okay by Nina LaCour (3) Geekerella by Ashley Poston (1)a Grimm's Fairy Tales by Jacob Grimm (3) Princess Princess Ever After by Katie O'Neill (2) Educated A Memoir by Tara Westover (3)a Grunt The Curious Science of Humans at War by Mary Roach (3) Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan (3)a The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill (2) Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3) by Libba Bray (2) Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi (1) Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav (3)

message 21: by Trisha (last edited Jun 18, 2018 08:52AM) (new)

Trisha | 382 comments I haven’t done one of these before, but will try this time.

Bonus Word: FLOWERING

The Woman in White, Wilkie tCollins, 450 pages, 2 bonus points
Parliament of Rooks: Haunting Brontë Country, Karen Perkins, 365 pages
The Ghost Fields: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 7, Elly Griffiths, 400 pages, 2 bonus points
The Child, Fiona Barton, 364 pages, 2 bonus points
The Hound of the Baskervilles, Arthur Conan Doyle, 176 pages
Penric's Demon, Lois McMaster Bujold, 109 pages, 2 bonus points
Killer Women: Crime Club Anthology #1, Louise Voss, 210 pages, 2 bonus points
The Fallen Leaves, Wilkie Collins, 496 pages, 2 bonus points
The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame, 176 pages, 2 bonus points
Footsteps in the Dark, Georgette Heyer, 352 pages, 3 bonus points
The Well of Loneliness, Radclyffe Hall, 457 pages, 2 bonus points
A Dedicated Man, Peter Robinson, 356 pages, 2 bonus points
The Toymakers, Robert Dinsdale, 480 pages, 2 bonus points
Kidnapped, Robert Louis Stevenson, 168 pages, 2 bonus points
A Study in Scarlet, Arthur Conan Doyle, 90 pages
The Unbearable Bassington, Saki, 90 pages
Lock the Door, Jane Holland, 342 pages, 1 bonus point
A Gathering Storm, Rachel Hore, 480 pages, 2 bonus points
The Franchise Affair, Josephine Tey, 202 pages
Bring Me Back, B.A. Paris, 384 pages
A House of Pomegranates, Oscar Wilde, 177 pages, 2 bonus points
Washington Square, Henry James, 98 pages, 1 bonus point
Small Great Things, Jodi Picoult, 491 pages
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Muriel Spark, 132 pages
The Reunion, Samantha Hayes, 386 pages
The Fear, C.L. Taylor, 417 pages, 2 bonus points
Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens, 768 pages, 1 bonus point
The Knitting Circle, Ann Hood, 347 pages
De Profundis, Oscar Wilde, 54 pages, 2 bonus points
The Friend, Teresa Driscoll, 293 pages
Scoop, Evelyn Waugh, 306 pages, 2 bonus points
Half the World Away, Cath Staincliffe, 336 pages
Then She Was Gone, Lisa Jewell, 422 pages, 2 bonus points
The Diary of a Provincial Lady, E.M. Delafield, 134 pages, 2 bonus points
Come A Little Closer, Rachel Abbott, 406 pages, 2 bonus points
Raven Black, Ann Cleeves, 401 pages, 1 bonus point
Camille: The Lady of the Camellias, Alexandre Dumas fils, 137 pages
Little Exiles, Robert Dinsdale, 433 pages, 3 bonus points
How To Be Happy, Eva Woods, 376 pages, 2 bonus points
Villette, Charlotte Brontë, 548 pages
A Quiet Life In The Country, T E Kinsey, 258 pages, 2 bonus points
The Perpetual Curate, Margaret Oliphant, 540 pages, 2 bonus points
The Travelling Cat Chronicles, Hiro Arikawa, 238 pages
Forget Her Name, Jane Holland, 346 pages, 1 bonus point
The Last Runaway, Tracy Chevalier, 353 pages

Pages Read: 14236
Bonus Points: 55

Books Read:
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins Parliament of Rooks Haunting Brontë Country (Yorkshire Ghost Stories) by Karen Perkins The Ghost Fields The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 7 by Elly Griffiths The Child by Fiona Barton The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle Penric's Demon (Penric and Desdemona, #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold Killer Women Crime Club Anthology #1 by Louise Voss The Fallen Leaves by Wilkie Collins The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame Footsteps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall A Dedicated Man by Peter Robinson The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale Kidnapped (David Balfour, #1) by Robert Louis Stevenson A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle The Unbearable Bassington by Saki Lock the Door by Jane Holland A Gathering Storm by Rachel Hore The Franchise Affair (Inspector Alan Grant, #3) by Josephine Tey Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris A House of Pomegranates by Oscar Wilde Washington Square by Henry James Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark The Reunion by Samantha Hayes The Fear by C.L. Taylor Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood De Profundis by Oscar Wilde The Friend by Teresa Driscoll Scoop by Evelyn Waugh Half the World Away by Cath Staincliffe Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell The Diary of a Provincial Lady by E.M. Delafield Come A Little Closer (DCI Tom Douglas #7) by Rachel Abbott Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1) by Ann Cleeves Camille The Lady of the Camellias by Alexandre Dumas fils Little Exiles by Robert Dinsdale How To Be Happy by Eva Woods Villette by Charlotte Brontë A Quiet Life In The Country (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #1) by T E Kinsey The Perpetual Curate (Chronicles of Carlingford, #4) by Margaret Oliphant The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa Forget Her Name by Jane Holland The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier

message 22: by Joni (last edited Jun 21, 2018 10:45AM) (new)

Joni | 88 comments BONUS WORD: PTERODACTYLS

MARCH: 19 points
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)2 A Lowcountry Wedding (Lowcountry Summer, #4)3 You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)3 The Last Time We Say Goodbye3 Time of My Life3 All the Summer Girls3 The Velvet Promise (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #1)2

APRIL: 39 points
Once and for All3 Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery3 The Lost Hours1 Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)3 Close Enough to Touch 3 Highland Velvet (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #2)2 The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service1 A Toxic Trousseau (A Witchcraft Mystery, #8)1 American Housewife: Stories3 Dune Road1 The Daring Ladies of Lowell3 Tempting Fate1 The Week Before the Wedding0 The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1)0 Spring Fever3 Beauty Queens2 Summer Rental3 Velvet Angel (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #4)2 Velvet Song (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #3)2 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)2

MAY: 19 points
The Ship of Brides1 A Lowcountry Christmas (Lowcountry Summer #5)3 Another Piece of My Heart1 The Nightingale0 Fuse (Pure #2)0 Finding Audrey2 The Sunshine Sisters1 The Paris Wife3 I'll Eat When I'm Dead0 The Identicals2 The Christmas Pearl3 Strange Bedpersons3

JUNE: 28 points
The Magician King (The Magicians #2)2 The Hollywood Daughter2 The Lonely Hearts Hotel3 The Education of Dixie Dupree3 Same Beach, Next Year3 Some Women3 Full of Grace2 Gwendy's Button Box2 The Gin Lovers0 99 Days2 Red Queen3 Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1)3

BOOKS: 51
PAGES: 19,604

message 23: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments For the rest of March and whole month of April my tbr is going to consist of nothing but series reads!

message 24: by Susan (last edited Mar 24, 2018 04:56PM) (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments I will try to be better this time around.

Bonus Word:MULTIVITAMINS

Currently Reading- The Substitute (The Wedding Pact, #1) by Denise Grover Swank Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James All Wrapped Up (Geek Girl, #1.5) by Holly Smale Tarnished Crown (The Royals, #3.5) by Erin Watt Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas Summer Days and Summer Nights Twelve Love Stories by Stephanie Perkins The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass

My TBR for spring:
The Season by Jonah Lisa Dyer A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas Model Misfit (Geek Girl, #2) by Holly Smale Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Something Real (Something Real, #1) by Heather Demetrios The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock Other People's Houses by Abbi Waxman The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman Beauty Queens by Libba Bray The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1) by Cressida Cowell Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4) by Erin Watt Perfection (Perfection #1) by Merphy Napier

Pages Read: 668
Bonus Points: 4

Books Read:
Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr

message 25: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I'm game! This shall be fun.

Bonus Word:
Bonus Points:
Pages Read:
Completed Books:

Currently Reading: Change of Hearts (Couples, #1) by Linda A. Cooney Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park, #1) by Michael Crichton The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) by Meg Cabot

TBR: To Be Added later

message 26: by Brenda (last edited Mar 22, 2018 01:30PM) (new)

Brenda | 16 comments Welcome, Spring read-a-thon!
March 20th ~ June 20th, 2018.

TBR: Unsolved Murders and Disappearances in Northeast Ohio by Jane Ann Turzillo Death on Tap (A Sloan Krause Mystery #1) by Ellie Alexander Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf Still Here by Lara Vapnyar

CR: The Bette Davis Club by Jane Lotter Beer Money A Memoir of Privilege and Loss by Frances Stroh A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

1. Our Souls at Night pgs. 197 points: 1

message 27: by Rachel Anne (last edited Jun 20, 2018 04:45PM) (new)

Rachel Anne (racheldespins) | 160 comments This is going to be my first time participating! Looks like fun. :)

Pages Read: 4,964 pgs (updated 6/20)
Bonus Points: 43 (updated 6/20)

Books Read:
- Mossad: The Greatest Missions of the Israeli Secret Service, Michael Bar-Zohar & Nissim Mishal - 0 pts
- Endless Universe: Beyond the Big Bang, Paul Steinhardt and Neil Turok - 3 pts
- Love's Labour's Lost, William Shakespeare - 3 pts
- Binti, Nnedi Okorafor - 2 pts
- Watching Baseball Smarter: A Professional Fan's Guide for Beginners, Semi-experts, and Deeply Serious Geeks, Zack Hample - 0 pts
- Baseball...The Perfect Game: An All-Star Anthology Celebrating the Game's Greatest Players, Teams, and Moments, Josh Leventhal - 2 pts
- Invisible Planets: Contemporary Chinese Science Fiction in Translation, edited by Ken Liu - 2 pts
- Thyme of Death, Susan Wittig Albert - 3 pts
- The Sleeper and the Spindle, Neil Gaiman - 1 pt
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, Susanna Clarke - 2 pts
- Improbable Libraries: A Visual Journey to the World's Most Unusual Libraries, Alex Johnson - 2 pts
- The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century, Kirk Wallace Johnson - 1 pt
- Timeline, Michael Crichton - 3 pts
- Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1, Hiromu Arakawa - 2 pts
- American Fire: Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land, Monica Hesse - 1 pt
- Seven Brief Lessons on Physics, Carlo Rovelli - 3 pts
- Descender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars, Jeff Lemire - 3 pts
- Nimona, Noelle Stevenson - 2 pts
- Bolivar, Sean Rubin - 2 pts
- Edgar Allan Poe and the Jewel of Peru, Karen Lee Street - 3 pts

message 28: by Leane (new)

Leane I like that there's so many people participating for the first time! I love looking at what people plan on reading, what they read, etc.

message 29: by Karen (last edited Jun 19, 2018 05:22AM) (new)

Karen (karinlib) | 1148 comments Mod
Bonus Word: Flowering

Pages read: 17394 (As of June 17)
Bonus Points: 123 (As of June 17))

Books Finished:
1. The Young Unicorns (2 points)
2. Dragons in the Waters(4)
3. A Ring of Endless Light (7)
4. A House Like a Lotus (9)
5. The Sea (9)
6. Children of Blood and Bone (9)
7.Mercury Rises (10)
8. Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library (13)
9.I Can Only Imagine: A Memoir (14)
10. North from Rome (15)
11. The Postman Always Rings Twice (15)
12.Pereira Maintains (15)
13. Many Waters (17)
14.Above Suspicion (17)
15,Costa Rica Where the Ordinary is Extraordinary: Loving the people and culture of Costa Rica (19)
16. Crystal Soldier (21)
17. Crystal Dragon (23)
18, Balance of Trade (25)
19. The Magic Mountain (25)
20. Trade Secret (27)
21.In the Wet (30)
22.Local Custom (33)
23. Scout's Progress (35)
24.Mouse and Dragon (37)
25, Conflict of Honors (39)
26, Agent of Change (41)
27, Carpe Diem (43)
28. The Fish Girl (46)
29. Plan B (48)
30. Fledgling (51)
31. I Dare (54)
32. Two Tales of Korval (56)
33. Saltation (58)
34. Duty Bound (60)
35. Necessity's Child (63)
36. Dragon Ship (65)
37. Certain Symmetry (67)
38. Dragon in Exile (69)
39, Fellow Travelers (72)
40. Alliance of Equals (74)
41. Trading in Futures (76)
42. One Woman's Island (77)
43. Changeling (79)
44. The Gathering Edge (82)
45. Neogenesis (85)
46. Loose Cannon (88)
47. Shadows and Shades (90)
48. The Professor (92)
49. Quiet Knives (95)
50. Between Black and White (97)
51. With Stars Underfoot (100)
52. Necessary Evils (103)
53. Allies (105)
54. The Sea, the Sea (107)
55. Dragon Tide (109)
56. The President Is Missing (109)
57. Along Came a Spider (109)
58. Misfits (111)
59. Garden of Broken Glass (114)
60. Fer-de-Lance (117)
61. Halfling Moon (119)
62. Skyblaze (121)
63. Courier Run (123)

message 30: by Shan ~A~ (last edited Jun 15, 2018 08:32PM) (new)

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) March 20th through June 20th, 2018.
Currently Reading: The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3) by Sara Ney
TBR: A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Third Son's a Charm (The Survivors, #1) by Shana Galen Wolf Bait (Wolf Cove #1) by Nina West Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson

For every book that you read with a title starting with one of the letters in the bonus word give yourself 1 point, if any section (first, middle, last) of the author's name starts with a letter in the bonus word give yourself 2 points. The most you can have for any one book is 3 bonus points, 1 for title and 2 for author.

Pages Read: 3310
Bonus Points: 24

Books Read:

1.From Lukov with Love ~ 03/20 ~ 2pts
2. The Learning Hours 03/20 ~ 3 pts
3. Wolf Bait 03/23 ~ 2 pts
4. Well Hung Over in Vegas 03/23
5. RUSH 03/25 ~ 2pts
6. Backstage Pass 03/27
7. Hard Bitten 03/30 ~ 2pts
8. To Wager the Marquis of Wolverstone 03/30 ~ 1pt
9. A Court of Thorns and Roses 03/31 ~ 3pts
10. One Gold Knot 03/31 ~ 2pts
11. Reaper 04/03
12. Some Sort of Happy 04/04 ~ 3pts
13. Into the Fire 04/08 ~ 1pt
14. On a Tuesday 04/10
15. The Darkest Pleasure 04/12 ~ 3pts

From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3) by Sara Ney Wolf Bait (Wolf Cove #1) by Nina West Well Hung Over in Vegas by Kimberly Fox RUSH (Rush, #1) by Emma Scott Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill To Wager the Marquis of Wolverstone (Wicked Wagers, #2) by Bronwen Evans A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas One Gold Knot (Dominant Cord, #2) by Sadie Haller Reaper (A Kings of Korruption MC #4) by Geri Glenn Some Sort of Happy (Happy Crazy Love, #1) by Melanie Harlow Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost On a Tuesday (One Week, #1) by Whitney G. The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) by Gena Showalter

message 31: by Jamie (last edited Jun 16, 2018 12:34PM) (new)

Jamie | 29 comments Bonus Word: Pterodactyls

Currently Reading: The Gauntlet (The Cage, #3) by Megan Shepherd Time of Ruin (Ash and Ruin #2) by Shauna Granger Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke Sacred Seas (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #3) by Karen Amanda Hooper

TBR: Into the Void (Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi) by Tim Lebbon Flames Like Vines (Snow Like Ashes, #2.1) by Sara Raasch The Fall of the Governor Part One (The Walking Dead #3) by Robert Kirkman

Pages Read: 18,675
Bonus Points: 130

Books Read:
1. Ensnared by Rita Stradling 3 pts
2. Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth 2 pts (5)
3. Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton 3 Pts (8)
4. Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth 3 pts (11)
5. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas 3 pts (14)
6. The Secret History of Us by Jessi Kirby 1 pt (15)
7. Here We Go Again My Life In Television by Betty White 0 pts (15)
8. Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber 3 pts (18)
9. Housebroken Admissions of an Untidy Life by Laurie Notaro 2 pts (20)
10. A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas 3pts (23)
11. Matilda by Roald Dahl 2pts (25)
12. Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2) by Aimee Carter 2pts (27)
13. The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.1) by Richelle Mead 3 pts (30)
14. Darker (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian, #2) by E.L. James 3 pts (33)
15. Of Sea and Stone by Kate Avery Ellison 3pts (36)
16. The Beginning (Replica, #14) by Marilyn Kaye 1 pt (37)
17. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō 1 pt (38)
18. The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3) by Aimee Carter 3 pts (41)
19. Beauty is the Beast, Vol. 3 by Tomo Matsumoto 2 pts (43)
20. Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer 3 pts (46)
21. Black The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1) by Ted Dekker 2 pts (48)
22. By Sun and Saltwater (Secrets of Itlantis #2) by Kate Avery Ellison 2pts (50)
23. The Hunt (The Cage, #2) by Megan Shepherd 3pts (53)
24. New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer 2 pts (55)
25. A Break of Day (A Shade of Vampire, #7) by Bella Forrest 1 pt (56)
26. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare 3 pts (59)
27. Tales of the Peculiar (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #0.5) by Ransom Riggs 3 pts (62)
28. The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket 3 pts (65)
29. Red The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2) by Ted Dekker 3 pts (68)
30. .hack// Legend of the Twilight, Vol. 2 by Tatsuya Hamazaki 2 pts (70)
31. Spark Joy An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondō 1 pt (71)
32. Beauty and the Beast Novelization by Elizabeth Rudnick 2pts (73)
33. Rise of the Governor (The Walking Dead #1) by Robert Kirkman 3 pts (76)
34. Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer 3 pts (79)
35. The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #2) by Carolyn Keene 3 pts (82)
36. Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper 3 pts (85)
37. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare 3 pts (88)
38. Last Chance (Sweet Valley High, #36) by Francine Pascal 3 pts (91)
39. The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket 3 pts (94)
40. The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey 3 pts (97)
41. Until Tomorrow (Christy and Todd College Years #1) by Robin Jones Gunn 2 pts (99)
42. Time of Ruin (Ash and Ruin #2) by Shauna Granger 3 pts (102)
43. The Indian in the Cupboard (The Indian in the Cupboard, #1) by Lynne Reid Banks 3 pts (105)
44. The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3) by Carolyn Keene 3 pts (108)
45. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare 3 pts (111)
46. Dangerous Depths (The Sea Monster Memoirs #2) by Karen Amanda Hooper 3 pts (114)
47. The Road to Woodbury (The Walking Dead #2) by Robert Kirkman 3 pts (117)
48. City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare 3 pts (120)
49. Otomen, Vol. 7 (Otomen, #7) by Aya Kanno 3 pts (123)
50. Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch 1 pts (124)
51. The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4) by Lemony Snicket 3 pts (127)
52. Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4) by Kiyo Fujiwara 0 pts (127)
53. Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld 3 pts (130)

message 32: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 32 comments Bonus word:

Books read:

Bonus points:

Pages read:

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Here it is the first day of spring and I don’t feel like getting out of bed!

message 34: by Michelle (last edited Mar 21, 2018 11:10AM) (new)

Michelle | 397 comments Bonus Word:

(view spoiler)

TBR: Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember When We're Entwined (When We're Entwined #1) by Jody A. Kessler The Invisible Hand (Shakespeare's Moon #1) by James Hartley The Shining (The Shining, #1) by Stephen King The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees

Goal: 7,500
Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

March 20st 2017 - March 31st 2018
(view spoiler)
Total: points; pages

April 1st 2018 - April 30st 2018
(view spoiler) Total: points; pages

May 1st 2018 - May 31 2018

June 1st 2018 - June 20th 2018

Books Read:

message 35: by Catie (new)

Catie Cooper (catiecooper) | 27 comments I’m in

message 36: by Charley Girl (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 42 comments YAY! Count me in!

Bonus Word:

TBR:

Pages Read:
Bonus Points:

Books Read:

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 20, 2018 02:10PM) (new)

SPRING READ-A-THON
(20 March - 20 June)

Pages Read: 5,029
Bonus Points: 42

Books Read:
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde Speak The Graphic Novel by Laurie Halse Anderson Young Adult Literature From Romance to Realism by Michael Cart I Am Malala The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai Wonder (Wonder, #1) by R.J. Palacio The 57 Bus A True Story of Two Teenagers and the Crime That Changed Their Lives by Dashka Slater The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich The Siren by Kiera Cass Night Witches by Kathryn Lasky Underwater by Marisa Reichardt The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe Of Fire and Stars (Of Fire and Stars, #1) by Audrey Coulthurst Slash by Slash Atlantia by Ally Condie The Tempest by William Shakespeare Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

message 38: by Ellen (last edited May 28, 2018 12:34PM) (new)

Ellen Marcolongo | 60 comments Bonus Word:Pterodactyls

TBR: Tales from the Arabian Nights by Anonymous ; The Most Dangerous Man in America Timothy Leary, Richard Nixon and the Hunt for the Fugitive King of LSD by Bill Minutaglio ; Little Women (Little Women, #1) by Louisa May Alcott ; Blood in the Water The Attica Prison Uprising of 1971 and Its Legacy by Heather Ann Thompson

Pages Read: 10, 901
Bonus Points: 47

Books Read:
1. The Most Dangerous Man in America Timothy Leary, Richard Nixon and the Hunt for the Fugitive King of LSD by Bill Minutaglio
2. Stamped from the Beginning The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi
3. The Half-Drowned King (The Half-Drowned King #1) by Linnea Hartsuyker
4. Summer for the Gods The Scopes Trial and America's Continuing Debate Over Science and Religion by Edward J. Larson
5. Uncommon Grounds The History of Coffee and How It Transformed Our World by Mark Pendergrast
6. A False Report A True Story of Rape in America by T. Christian Miller
7. American Kingpin The Epic Hunt for the Criminal Mastermind Behind the Silk Road by Nick Bilton
8. Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke
9. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
10. Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
11. The Book of Esther by Emily Barton
12. Navajo Weapon The Navajo Code Talkers by Sally McClain
13. The Clockwork Dynasty by Daniel H. Wilson
14. Strange Weather by Joe Hill
15. Elizabeth and Mary Cousins, Rivals, Queens by Jane Dunn
16. The Man from the Train The Solving of a Century-Old Serial Killer Mystery by Bill James
17. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
18. The Hidden Lives of Tudor Women A Social History by Elizabeth Norton
19. Blue Dreams The Science and the Story of the Drugs that Changed Our Minds by Lauren Slater
20. Tales from the Arabian Nights by Anonymous
21. The Gatekeepers How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency by Chris Whipple
22. Homo Deus A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
23. Nine Lives by William Dalrymple
24. Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
25. The Righteous Mind Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
26. Living to Tell the Tale by Gabriel García Márquez
27. Failure Is an Option An Attempted Memoir by H. Jon Benjamin

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments I wish we knew the bonus words! I’m about to finish my first book!

message 40: by Kat (last edited Jun 06, 2018 07:23AM) (new)

Kat angelic (nerdy-kat-angelic-elf) | 22 comments Bonus word:

Currently reading: Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli Turtles All the Way Down by John Green Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Archie, Vol. 1 The New Riverdale by Mark Waid Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol. 1 The Crucible by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

TBR: City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill

Pages read:10
Bonus points:

Books read: The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1) by Kazu Kibuishi The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2) by Kazu Kibuishi A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling

message 41: by GateGypsy (last edited May 02, 2018 02:11AM) (new)

GateGypsy | 17 comments I'll join in. I've never done such a long-term RAT before, so I'm not sure how well I'll do, but here goes!

March 20 -- June 20th

Currently Reading: Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon pts: 3

TBR: Chapelwood (The Borden Dispatches, #2) by Cherie Priest pts: 3 For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5) by Kim Harrison The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6) by Kim Harrison Many Waters (Time Quintet, #4) by Madeleine L'Engle An Acceptable Time (Time Quintet, #5) by Madeleine L'Engle

Pages Read: 2619
Bonus Points: 38
(I totally stopped tracking these stats sometime in March. I figure I'll have to go back and re-calculate/update this toward the end.)

Books Read:
March:
⦿ The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman points: 3 ⦿ The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2) by Philip Pullman pts: 3 ⦿ The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3) by Philip Pullman pts: 3 ⦿ Lyra's Oxford (His Dark Materials, #3.5) by Philip Pullman pts: 3 ⦿ When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman pts: 3
⦿ The Collectors (His Dark Materials, #0.6) by Philip Pullman pts: 3 ⦿ A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo by Jill Twiss pts: 3

April:
⦿ Once Upon a Time in the North (His Dark Materials, #0.5) by Philip Pullman pts: 3 ⦿ We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ⦿ A Swiftly Tilting Planet (Time Quintet, #3) by Madeleine L'Engle ⦿ The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld, #41; Tiffany Aching, #5) by Terry Pratchett pts: 3 ⦿ Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10) by Patricia Briggs pts: 3 ⦿ Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15) by Patricia Briggs pts: 2 ⦿ Such Wicked Intent (The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein, #2) by Kenneth Oppel ⦿ Forgiveness by Mark Sakamoto ⦿ In the Tall Grass by Stephen King

May:
⦿ The Hanging Tree (Peter Grant, #6) by Ben Aaronovitch pts: 3
⦿
⦿
⦿
⦿

June:
⦿
⦿
⦿
⦿
⦿

message 42: by Shaunesay (new)

Shaunesay I will hopefully have time to get our winners from Winter tallied and announced tonight or tomorrow!

message 43: by Jessica (last edited Jun 17, 2018 05:33AM) (new)

Jessica Gillies | 71 comments Back again!

Goal: 3000pgs
Pages Read:1510

Tales of the Peculiar:1pt
50 ways to Improve Your Italian: 2pts
L'appart:3pts
The Road to Jonestown:1pt
Sometimes I lie:3pts
Member of the Family:3pts
Trafficked:3pts
Audio: Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling L'Appart The Delights and Disasters of Making My Paris Home by David Lebovitz Fluent Forever How to Learn Any Language Fast and Never Forget It by Gabriel Wyner Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney Member of the Family My Story of Charles Manson, Life Inside His Cult, and the Darkness That Ended the Sixties by Dianne Lake Dreamhunter (The Dreamhunter Duet, #1) by Elizabeth Knox
Physical: 50 Ways to Improve Your Italian by Valeria Malandra Trafficked The Terrifying True Story of a British Girl Forced into the Sex Trade  by Sophie Hayes

message 44: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments I will hopefully have 2 more books added to my list today! I already have 3 on my paper I just haven’t added them on here yet!

How’s everybody else doing?

message 45: by Katherine (last edited Jun 20, 2018 03:23PM) (new)

Katherine | 103 comments 💜💜 Spring 2018 💜💜Bonus Word: Flowering

20th - 31st March: (view spoiler) = 2,160 pages
1st - 30th April: (view spoiler) = 7,321 pages
1st - 31st May: (view spoiler) = 6,480 pages
1st - 20th June: (view spoiler) = 4,717 pages

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Total Pages Read: 20,678 pages
Bonus Points: 12

Books Read:
Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5) by Jennifer Blackstream Dead Air by James Goss Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz; The Road to Oz; The Emerald City of Oz - Book 2 by L. Frank Baum Pest Control Audio Original by Peter Anghelides Doctor Who The Five Doctors by Terrance Dicks The Storybook of Legends (Ever After High, #1) by Shannon Hale Wit, Wisdom and Timey Wimey Stuff The Quotable Doctor Who by Cavan Scott The Crystal Cave (Arthurian Saga) by Mary Stewart How To Train Your Dragon A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons Book 6 by Cressida Cowell Tunnels of Blood (Cirque Du Freak, #3) by Darren Shan The 10th Kingdom by Kathryn Wesley Monster High/Ever After High The Legend of Shadow High by Shannon Hale The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson, #1) by Rick Riordan Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) by Eve Langlais The Colour of Magic (Discworld, #1) by Terry Pratchett Vampire Mountain (Cirque Du Freak #4) by Darren Shan The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan Doctor Who The Forever Trap by Dan Abnett Doctor Who The Runaway Train by Oli Smith Doctor Who Night of the Whisper (Destiny of the Doctor #9) by Cavan Scott The Angel's Kiss A Melody Malone Mystery by Justin Richards Harry, a History The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon by Melissa Anelli Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2) by Ruby Dixon When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by George Carlin P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern How To Ride A Dragon's Storm (How to Train Your Dragon, #7) by Cressida Cowell The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer How to Break a Dragon's Heart (How to Train Your Dragon, #8) by Cressida Cowell The Light Fantastic (Discworld, #2) by Terry Pratchett As Old As Time (Twisted Tales, #3) by Liz Braswell The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan Spook's The Dark Army by Joseph Delaney Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll How to Steal a Dragon's Sword (How to Train Your Dragon, #9) by Cressida Cowell A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle Furry United Coalition Bundle (Furry United Coalition, #1-3) by Eve Langlais Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones Doctor Who The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner Doctor Who The Resurrection Casket by Justin Richards Doctor Who Martha in the Mirror by Justin Richards Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell The Hollow Hills (Arthurian Saga, #2) by Mary Stewart Heartless by Marissa Meyer Doctor Who Heroes and Monsters Collection by Justin Richards Gods and Warriors (Gods and Warriors, #1) by Michelle Paver The Vampire Prince (Cirque Du Freak, #6) by Darren Shan Welcome to Hell (Welcome to Hell, #1-2.5) by Eve Langlais The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams

message 46: by Rachel Anne (new)

Rachel Anne (racheldespins) | 160 comments Heather wrote: "I will hopefully have 2 more books added to my list today! I already have 3 on my paper I just haven’t added them on here yet!

How’s everybody else doing?"

Good work! I’m trying to finish up my first book: Mossad: The Greatest Missions of the Israeli Secret Service.

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Rachel I’m about 200 pages from finishing ACOMAF and I’m about to make some coffee to keep me going. It’s pretty cold where I live right now.

message 48: by Leane (new)

Leane Question for everyone: do you plan your books around the bonus word or just read what you want/planned and hope it works out?

message 49: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1262 comments Plan around the bonus word or if they haven’t posted the bonus words I choose one that best fits books I’ve already completed

message 50: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Nunney (alexandracn) | 105 comments Leane wrote: "Question for everyone: do you plan your books around the bonus word or just read what you want/planned and hope it works out?"

I just read what I want and hope for the best. Having too strict of a plan for what I read tends to put me in a slump.
How about you?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.